Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Mine comes from way back, with quite a silly origin, if I say so myself.

Well, you know how there're all these forms/questionaires/forums/logins and the like that requires a name, right? I for one never liked to use my own actual name (I'm somewhat a mysterious fellow to most, and I like to remain almost hidden from those I don't care for), that I used random names from Fred to Bill to Bob to Ted.

Since I'm always using all these names every now and again, I thought it'd be best to stick to one of those names. So, in typical Dragon Ball Fusion fashion, I just mixed the names Fred with Bob and got Frob! Now I'm not sure if it's just cos I like those two generic names, or just a unconscious choice based on an old episode of Scrubs (with a Doctor named Fred Bob, to J.D.'s surprise)

With the name chosen, I stuck with it for a while. Though it never really did sound right to me in a one syllable name. So in a Kinnikuman fashion (where 85% of the characters have the word "-man" at the end of their names), it became Frobman.

And that's the name I've stuck with for maybe 5 or more years. And I pretty much use it in many ways and forms (especially since I don't like to use my actual name too often, and not alot of people pronounce it right, which annoys me). Though I tend to use other aliases if I don't want to use the Frobman name. Tillman (Ted+Bill) for random stuff on the net, or any foreign name like Jose or Akira, if I had to fake a different nationality to avoid people I used to know and don't want to talk to (Haven't done that just yet). I'm a man of mystery and many names~!

My original username, Sonicophage, stemmed from my interest in Sonic and my love of bacteriophages.

paper_bacteriophage_2.gif

Seriously, it's a virus that looks like a robotic spider with a crystal for a head. How is that NOT awesome?

It's still carried over in my avatar.

My current username, SuperStingray, is one I commonly use online. Stingrays are my favorite animal; the way they swim seems cute and elegant at the same time and their cat-eyes and relation to sharks adds a coolness factor. The super is in there because just plain "Stingray" is often already taken.

Edited by SuperStingray

Tombi (prefferably pronounced Toomy and not Tom Bee) comes from the series of PSX games of the same name that I've become a pretty big fan of. Strangely enough though I hadn't even heard of the games when people started randomly calling me by that name, probably due to typos of some sort. I liked the ring of it so I decided to adapt it from then-on, and I've used it or some variation everywhere I've been on the 'net for a good 4 years now.

I also like the name as it sneakily displays my British-ness, since outside europe the game was called Tomba so I of course go by the european equivalent. (An american version of me named Tomba existing being a running joke in some circles.)

Random note: In his games Tombi's hair colour is quite coincidentally the same as the fur colour of Chip - one of my favourite Sonic characters, how about that. :P

heh my user name, its always stuck with me through think and thin. imma frickin legend on google thats how long Ive been using it....not really. (but looking through it recently its only recorded me for the past 2 years and not the rest.)

how it all began was in my user name itself February 6th, 2002. i was on AOL signing up to use the internet for the first time ever and i wanted something that was fitting to my fandom at the time (dbz durrrrr) i originally wanted goku@AOL.com but as figured it was taken so AOL gave me a list of possible other user names:

~goku262002

~gokufeb022002

~goku*my name here*

and some other user name i forget i was anxious and just picked one i wanted to see what this "internet" was all about i picked goku262002 and thus my mark in internet history was written. for 7 years now Ive been almost using this user name everywhere and why? because I'm just too lazy to think of another. will i ever stop using it? hell no! I'm too comfortable in this lay-z-boy chair of internet rep. and I'm not ready to get up from it but I'm separating this user name from my RL issues and stuff i got too pissed off when people kept saying my email the wrong way and giving me the "wtf" face.

whenever you see me signed up somewhere, its just another page in my internet history.

I adore the color green, so I used the french word for green as my username. It's also the name of my main fancharacter too.

Wait, are you feminine? 'Cause if you aren't you'd better drop that last 'e'.

My username is the best one (unless you associate it with those fags from the Church Of Satan) and I was totally stoked when it wasn't already taken. I can't believe nobody was using it.

We had this discussion before the wipe didn't we?

My username comes from a very old Zelda fancomic I drew in which Zelda tried to think up titles for a sitcom about Link. Her first idea was "Super Link 9" (god knows how I came up with that), I used it for my email address after that and consequentially I've had it almost universally on that point onwards. I took the 9 off though and only put the 9 in if the username SuperLink is taken.

Some people may remember my old username "Sought The Poltercow", which I did have on a couple of forums for a little while, and TSS for a good year or so. It comes from an original character I used a lot way back when.

We had this discussion before the wipe didn't we?

Me thinks we did.

My username comes from Axl from the Megaman X series. He and Zero are also the two charachters from the X series I'm really good with. Especially Axl.

Just because we did discuss it in the last incarnation doesn't mean we cannot discuss it now.

Tombi that is quite an interesting little story. I did have to look the game up you were talking about though as I was not 100% on it. Thank you for intriguing me.

Mine's pretty simple, it comes from the American rapper Tupac Shakur. Makaveli is also a pseudonym of the writer Niccolò Machiavelli.

Wait, are you feminine? 'Cause if you aren't you'd better drop that last 'e'.

Verte is indeed a woman.

The little engrish bit in the Sonic X episode where he fights Knuckles. Y'know, when he gets on the tree and is like "Ohhh What a great Viewwww!"

I always laughed at that.

Lol I LOVE that part. I really laughed when I first saw your name too. :D

My user name comes from the character Tom Servo from Mystery Science Theater 3000, which is one of my favorite shows.

My name came from Yu-Gi-Oh, because when Bakura gets possesed byt eh spirit of the millenium ring he turns into Yami Bakura (Dark Bakura).

On all the sites I go on I will always have a different username.

Metallic in homage to Metal Sonic and the Metal Gear Solid games cuz their cool!

Wrath is my fan characters name.

hence MetallicWrath

1+2=3, get it?

Si being short for Simon. I added the "The" as an ego boost, inspired by a WWE wrestler (for the lolz). It's a step-up from Dr. BadGui! (my first online handle)

Summer Breeze (or just Summer for short) was the name I gave to a little bunny rabbit I had when I was 8 years old. She had a large impact on my life and general views of the world at large, and I love her to pieces, and so that's why my username is what it is.

Summer that is actually a really cute story - thanks for sharing that one.

The Si I think that your name choice is absolutely AWESOME.

My Online Alias? Well I'm sorry, but the origin of my Online Alias is a secret guarded at the top of the Himalayas by Ancient Monks that would kill you so fast, that you would have to right a sticky note to remind yourselves to scream in pain when it happens. And it's not like anyone needs to know why, I mean what's that worst that can happened?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j151/joe...t/banhammer.jpg

Alright! ALRIGHT! I'll tell everyone. No need to bring 'Thor.exe' into this. XP

As people can obivously tell, I'm a Yoshi fan. Once Nsider was around, I wanted a name that would take a Nintendo theme. I like Yoshi and always will. So I wanted to enter that in, but it was already taken. Then I need to add something unique to it. I thought of a word that would reflect my personality. I believe that more can be accomplish when working as a team and that it's always great to know that someone has my back when things go the shit. In otherwords, Unity.

So the YoshiUnity alias was created and I can't seem to be remembered by any other name, but this one. So it grew on me and eventually came to stay.

So there you go. :)

Edited by YoshiUnity

"Terry" is a derivation of the name Terrell. Since I always loved that name so much, I wanted to adopt it as a pseudonym. Coincidentally, it sounds pretty much like Terrakota, which was my former username (but Terry is not derived from there unlike some people tend to think).

"Alpha" is...well, I know is the first letter of the greek alphabet. My first name starts with A, so it would be good to use the greek equivalent α.

I know...is such an unoriginal name ;(

just came from my old FC, that i haven't used or drawn in well over a few years. I think i left TSS when it didn't suck and get infested by 10 year olds, before the SSN gallery system when people like sparkytk, izz gold...something posted, and we argued over the use of circles for characters heads or a circle with a chunk cut out of it. ( if you remember izzy's PA's the characters heads were like perfect circles lol.