Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Brain fog means a cognitive dysfunction, meaning forgetfulness, difficulty concentrating and/or confusion. When I made an Undead Priest in WoW, I needed a name, and I remembered the word 'brain fog', so I went with Brainfog. I liked the sound of it and since I tend to be occasionally forgetful :lol: , I changed my name here to Brainfog as well.

The little engrish bit in the Sonic X episode where he fights Knuckles. Y'know, when he gets on the tree and is like "Ohhh What a great Viewwww!"

I always laughed at that.

Aha! I knew it! So that's where your name comes from~ XD I thought it would be when I mentioned you in the Member Association topic.

Not much to say about mine, since it's basically my real first name. When I started joining English/American websites I tried to come up with other names, but I'm not really original at that. So this one may at least sound interesting to foreign ears :P

I use it on pretty much every site I go to - except when it's already taken (i.e., Last.FM)

My username is derived from one of the characters in my story. Though, I've been mistaken for another Ryusuke in Janime. >.>

Well... My old user name "Maou Wei" sould had translated into Demon Lord Wei but in Disgaea terms it's Overlord... I just wanted to get that out of the way...

Now then... My current user name "Zombie Wei" I used during the Halloween season... But I thought it was catchy and means a lot to me (since I'm a zombie fan after all...) so I kept it... Oh and a large shocker... Wei is my Chinese name... My real name well... Nobody knows...

RR-sama!

RR is practically my initials, or an acronym that to me, is formed by two words--Reliving Rigorously. -Sama's just a Japanese honorific. But back then, my former username was Oresama, before the SSMB cleaned up it's user database. Oresama is a very arrogant way to say any first-person pronoun. I still DO call myself Oresama.

The letters in my username mean three different things...

-My favorite type of chocolate (dark chocolate).

-My initials, sorta (not going into detail on that).

-The name of my favorite chao on SA2 that I used to play with every day, like, half a decade ago.

The 111 is just 'cause most sites won't accept usernames that are only two characters, and if they do, then DC is usually already taken. DC111 is my name on almost every website I go on (fanfiction.net, deviantart, so on...) except for youtube.com, which is DC111mg.

I actually touched on my Username alot in the Avatar topic, so I'll just quote what I posted from there, plus I'll leave the avatar info in, because the story of my username and avatar sort of tie in with each other:

My avatar used to be Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails sprites from Sonic Advance 2 posing, back when my screen name was Bluedude way back in '06. I wasn't a well known member back then.

Then, it came time for a change, I needed a name that stood out, and a new avatar, so I changed my name to "Chaos Inferno" back in '07 after Team Dark's team blast name. (I was originally gonna go with "Sonic Overdrive" or just "Overdrive"), and with it came a new theme for myself:

Shadow.jpg

Yep, Shadow. Though, After awhile, I realized that I still wasn't getting recognized around here, and I made some more changes, such as dropping the "Chaos" from the name, and letting my true personality to shine through also.

That's when I really started thinking about my new (and current) screen name, It was easy to remember- to the point- and cool...And so I decided to make an Avatar to match. For a whole week during the summer of '08, when I really started getting involved here, I made a bunch of different fire-themed avatars, and well, none of them seemed to work. That's when I just decided to grab the sonic battle sprite, slap some "shadow" spines on him, and sonic's famous wagging finger, and this is what I came up with after about almost three hours of carefull (and eye-straining) sprite work:

INFERNOMASTER.png

Yep, Hothead, as I like to call him, has been my avatar for awhile now, and I don't think I'll be changing it anytime soon.

I currently have Hothead in a snazzy pair of Kamina shades, symbolizing not giving up in this tough time we're currently facing.

That's the story of my current username (and avatar).

I think I posted this right before the old forum exploded, but it pretty much went like this:

I needed a name so I just came up with this random thing when I was around 13 or 14 years old. It stuck so I kept using it, even though the name doesn't really make all that much sense. Yes, this is seriously my forum name on everywhere I go.

I think I posted this right before the old forum exploded, but it pretty much went like this:

I needed a name so I just came up with this random thing when I was around 13 or 14 years old. It stuck so I kept using it, even though the name doesn't really make all that much sense. Yes, this is seriously my forum name on everywhere I go.

Goes great with your One Piece avatar's though. :)

I insist...most of the interesting usernames were generated in a sponateous manner :3

I guess I could add this.

Occasionally, I do add things to my original screen name as Blur (in case you missed it, it's just lame steal from "Blue Blur", which was actually my very original name here -_-). Like right now I've added "Werewolf" to the front of my name because I've been really into wolves and werewolves for quite some time now. Sometimes I even change my complete name to things like "Balto" or "Charlie B Barkin" when I really get obsessed with a series and a character, ^^".

Oh, and for some time (dun know if anyone remembers), but I went by Gallant for awhile. I wanted to rid of the unoriginal name of "Blur" and went with that instead. However, it really never caught on and people just called me Blur anyways, so I guess I'm cursed to my name for good here, XD. Oh well, it's fast to type I guess, =3.

-Blur

It's a four year old typo. 5 this november.

<:

Edited by DarkOverord

Heehee DarkOverord I think it is cute you have kept it all this time.

Haha. Originally I kept it out of laziness (Didn't want to reregister on dA) but when I started going to forums about 8 months later it kinda well. Stuck XD

I'm a huge MGS fan and ever since I first saw Hal Emmerich (A.K.A. Otacon) piss himself in MGS1, he instantly became one of my favorite characters in the series. So my display name is Dark Otacon because, well, I think Otacon is awesome.

• 1 year later...

Unionhack is the internet alias of my OC, Jet Ivo Prower. His name was my first choice for a username, but it was taken.

Meh, since this came back from the dead I guess I'll post here.

I've gone through a lot of name changes, at least back on the old forum. For a brief period of time, I was known as 'Zero', as in the saber-wielding dude from Megaman X-MMZ I changed it to Axl, another Megaman X charachter, with two pistols and the ability to copy any ability/form he sees. By the time the first SSMB had decided to a splode, I had had it for a few months. To this day, I haven't changed it much, I've just added something for the seasons. The biggest change was when I was 'Galm One's Latios', which was for Pokemans week. Meh, I don't even remember why I didn't just go with Latios. Ah well.

My girlfriend came up with my username when I was trying to think up a suitable new e-mail address after one of my old ones got hijacked and my MSN Messenger account got fucked to hell. I think it's kinda cute, but it's very, very embarrassing to say it when companies (like, oh, Beaverbrooks) want me to give it to them so I can get updates on... certain... gift things.

Fucking e-mail addresses, always being embarrassing...

Ah, yes! My username. I originally created it for use on the Sonic Stadium Message Board when I was a wee lad at the age of 10. I was a very unimaginative little boy, and ended up creating a username that was simple and to the point.

"Hunter_the_Sonic_Fan!"

(Hunter being my real name.) It became far too tedious to type out the full thing, and many other sites both had a character limit and a limited use of special characters, so the name got shortened to "HunterTSF". Unfortunately years later the term "TSF" had been coined to refer to the "True Sonic Fans" that had been plaguing the community, associating me with something I'd rather not be associated with. >_>

My name was originally coined for my LiveJournal some years ago. It was meant as a partner to my girlfriend's then-LJ-name, Canon Kitten. Flyboy because I love aviation and planes, and Fox because I was into StarFox at the time and had even named my cat Fox after Fox McCloud.

Yes, my name was coined pre-Sonic. No, it wasn't intended to refer to Tails. But over time, and as I became immersed in the Sonic fandom, people assumed it refered to Tails and it just kinda stuck, so I never changed it.

Egad! Flyboy Fox wasn't orginally intended to refer to Tails?! o.o

Edited by HunterTSF

MechWarrior 2+12 year old just getting on Internet=Timberwolf with the "w" capitalized.

Making it into the official name of Sonic fancharacter=Name lasts longer than the retarded-as-Sealand "UltraSpike".

For Scarlet:

My Remilia Scarlet figure is right above my monitor, I guess.

For 2106:

Four or five years back, I did a guitar-only version of that music that plays when you're talking to the Deku Tree at the beginning of Ocarina of Time. Revalver appends numbers to recorded takes, so the resulting .wav was called deku2106. I used that as a screen-name for a while. Here I just took the number.

Chooch, as some of you may know, is the name of my signature character that I have as my current avatar. That explanation is simple enough but I figure I'll go into detail.

As a kid a grew up having a unwavering love of cartoon shows. One of my particular favorites was always Hanna-Barbera's Top Cat from the 1960's. My favorite character in T.C.'s gang outside of Top Cat himself was Choo Choo, often called 'Chooch' for short as a sort of nickname. Later on I used Choo Choo and later Chooch as my username on a message board I became apart of (two years after I first joined the Sonic Stadium). Later on I adopted the Chooch character as a persona, but I felt pretty shitty taking a pre-established character. He eventually evolved from being the same character with a different turtleneck sweater to sort of a vague tribute to the original cartoon. That's where the first redesign came from.

post-301-12740521880621_thumb.png

I liked it a lot, but I felt that it was a little too reminiscent of the overly cute creatures you find in anime and other nonsense, so I tweaked his appearance to make him a bit more mature looking and tone down the cuteness.. a little.

post-301-12740524120057_thumb.png

And that, my friends is where you get to the Chooch of today.

post-301-1274052506698_thumb.png

Oddly enough Chooch is a rather popular nickname so alternatively I use TheMostEffectual which is another reference to the Top Cat cartoon. I probably didn't need the pictures but eh.. I felt like sharing them. :3

Edited by Chooch

Well I have a long list of usernames...

Captain/Overlord/Whatever + Wei - Wei is my chinese name. And for some reason Captain sounds catchy so why not. But it changed due to my Disgaea fetish. lol Oh this was my alias when wandering around. I still use it but not as much.

Demon Lord Tim - I used this for a bit but this was my nickname during High School. The demon lord part again comes from my Disgaea fetish. XD

And yes. Tim is mah real name if you were wondering

Caligari - Came from one of my gf's favorite films, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Not from that other movie....

Germany - Used during the country claim. I used it because I thought Germany started both World Wars but I was proved wrong but I went if it anyways.

Current: Eiserne Drossel - It's German for Iron Thrush (as in the bird). But I got it from Soul Calibur. It's the name of Tira's main weapon. Oh yeah I'm so original. Also my gf was known as RavenRust so we had a metal bird thing going on. lol

Edit: Misery Malice - SuperLink gave me the idea to use Misery. And first thought was the character from Ruby Gloom who can be pretty funny. I also added Malice to is because I didn't want to be just Misery. And its somewhat of a tribute of the Japanese band Malice Mizer as they pretty much broken up after their drummer passed away.

Edited by Misery Malice