Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Where did I get that name?

Every once in a while I visit an internet cafe in my town and spend an hour surfing sites. Just those organisation sites like the BBC sites. It wasn't until I joined college in September 2005 when I had access to the internet for a longer time each day. In November I joined my first message board.

I hadn't much of an imagination back then. I just called myself Jezzy. Simply a play on my real first name Jeremy. A little while I thought of ways to make it better. Bowiefan wasn't much of an improvement. Makes me look like a 13 year old David Bowie fanboy who things he's above everyone else. After I found a message board dedicated to Shadow The Hedgehog, and the impending release of the game starting our black hedgehog, it was part of the inspiration behind my current name.

I took the name of David Bowie's most famous alter-ego from 1972, the glam star Ziggy Stardust, and replaced the Star bit with Shadow from Shadow The Hedgehog. And that was it. Ziggy Shadow-Dust. Came up with it at the end of November 2005. I've since added the Major prefix from Major Tom, David Bowie's fictional astronaut character from the song Space Oddity.

Long story short: (or not so short)

This takes me back to the times I used to go to the arcades to play KOF (the King of Fighters) with my friends (despite this, I always sucked at KOF and still do, but I just love that franchise :D ).

Anyways, I used to be really good in this game called Metal Slug, the problem is, I didn't know what to put in the score screen, I could put my initials but it turns out I don't like my first name, then I thought about just putting the second (Ismael) and lastname (not telling :P ) but that reminded me of my brother who did the same thing and I didn't wanted that... So in a rush I tried to compress my second name in order to fit in the 3 letters space I had, and that's the origin of IMA.

I liked how that sounded, so I decided to use it in my mail...

4 years latter (a lot of time, I know) I was just chatting with what would be like my "internet sister" and discussing what nick I should put in a Command & conquer: Red Alert 2 message board (great RTS game, wich I still love and play) and we came up with imarafan, wich literally means I'm a Red Alert fan.

Also, it sounded like Ima was the name (actually, it was, remember this is just my second name compressed in 3 letters) and Rafan was the lastname (wich sounds really similar to my real lastname), I thought that was cool so I decided to keep it and I'm still using it nowadays.

And that's it, I also use to go with another nick called "el Mr.Big" but that's a whole different story, about my (particualr) liking towards an specific character of KOF, and my first forum.

Edited by imarafan

It's my Xbox Live username, which is short for "Solid Snake's on a Plane", which I named myself because I was randomly obsessed with Metal Gear at the time as well as Snakes on a Plane, so it's kinda like "Solid Snake is on a plane" or whatever.

Ah yes mine is special to me.

goku262002 = goku 2/6/2002 (February 6th 2002). Back when i got a computer and internet for the first time i used AOL to get an account and since goku was taken (No duh!) it gave me a list of suggestions from it i picked "goku262002". Since then, Ive used that username everywhere on almost any forum or account. google me you'll see. but when i got tired of people mispronouncing my username i had to make a IRL account that nobody would fuck up so i choose "gamerguy2002" why the 2002 i don't know i started gaming Way before like in 1993 cant remember really. some fuckhead took gamerguy2002 on youtube otherwise i'm using it everywhere too.

My original username is peterpan. My family, friends and pretty much everyone have called me Pete since I was born. Later my brother started calling me Peter Pan after seeing the Disney movie Peter Pan. I also liked the video and I really liked my new nickname, too. It's also in my e-mail adresses, gamertags (except Xbox Live) etc.

Edited by GURU

Columind is the name of a song by Filter, one of my favorite songs ever made too, mind.

I mostly use it at forums nowadays. Carbo is practically a name all my old friends call me due to my very first online username being "Carbo the Hedgehog" based off of a very old fancharacter. The name never meant anything though and was thought up on spot. After ditching my fancharacter the only thing I did was ditch the title so it burned into alot of people.

Edited by Columind

I simply thought, "I like Shadow so have Shad in there. Chaos is another cool character so have him in there."

As for my other username on site's Dr Spudhead, It's a nickname I had for Eggman for a while. in some picks he doesn't look too egg shaped, yet his head is always in the shape of a potato.

Hmn... Years, and I mean Years ago, like back in 2003 or something I went by RAS The Sonic Fanatic. Initials and I was a fanatic of Sonic. Ahaha, clever... >_>;

Afterward I switched to the name of this really weird thing an old teacher would teach us which for some reason stook with me. I won't explain the reasoning, Whatsashia.

Next, I got an early whiff of some Shadow the Hedgehog new from a friend of my father, and since I thought it sounded cool at the time, I went with Blackarms.

A year or so ago I wanted to ditch the Sonic motif so I went with Dusk Golem, I really wanted to use the word Dusk and for some reason the idea of using a Golem amused me. Still does. Of course, my now longtime girlfriend out of her own amusement started calling me Rice so for a while since change even on the interwebs can be fun, I went with Rice Golem.

And on this forum and this forum only for some reason I call myself, "Dusk the ________ Keeper". This is based off an old game I used to play with friends as a child I made up I named, "Crypt Keeper" (I had never seen the show, just thought it sounded cool) but I just added Dusk since I like that word a lot and don't think it's used enough. Currently, "Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper" since, well, Alan Wake is awesome and I feel like a one man enthusiast for the game on these boards. >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

My username was made when I was really young, and was imagining more powerful forms of Super Sonic.

-Chaos came from both the names of the Chaos Emeralds, the being Chaos himself, and the power of Chaos Control.

-Supreme was made as an magnitude over Super, Hyper, and Ultra, and represented the highest order that could be achieved. In other words, nothing beats anything that is Supreme! B)

-Sonic was from...well, Sonic. There was Super and Hyper Sonic, so what would happen if Sonic went up and beyond that?

Since the five years I've been here it has really stuck with me, and that name has never changed. Ever. :lol:

Guest Jordan-4K6

I used to be Sonic4K6, but now I'm Jordan-4K6 and -FourKaySicks-

I made up Sonic4K6 randomly while playing SRB2 online because I always used to go by my old youtube name and I wanted to fit in.

The origin for my username is simple....what you don't know ...i'll tell you Billy, I got my username from the main character from Crash Bandicoot, Crash XD which I love the games so much *besides the party games XD* I was going to add Croft at the end for my love of Tomb Raider games but it didn't sound right with Crash

Edited by ςгครђ

For awhile back in '07, I wanted to change my name on here from "Bluedude" which I thought was generic. I was originally gonna use Team Sonic's team blast name, (Sonic Overdrive), But instead I used Team Dark's. (Chaos Inferno), making a fire themed avatar using sprites from Sonic battle to match the name.

And overtime it's changed like this:

Chaos Inferno!

Chaos Inferno

Inferno

'Ferno

Ferno

I like my current name, It's short, easy to remember, and it helps me to be distinguished from other "Infernos" on here, I think there's at least one other one.

Edited by Ferno

It's my favourite Pokemon. That's about it. I've been contemplating a name change for a while now but I haven't been able to think of anything else that I'd want to have. That and this way in one sense I have an automatic reservation for Blaziken during Pokémon week. =D

Edited by Blaziken

Well, my name is Jacob, so

"I took Jake, then reversed it(which is really everyone's first thought) and got Ekaj. Then I added an "e" to make it cooler. And so you have Ekaje."

...At least it's better than my Youtube name, insertnamehere765. <_<

And yes Ekajra, I took your post and changed the parts that only applied to me.

The King Kazma love has spread. I've regenerated into the bunny himself, with a new sig banner to match.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Lombax and I'm Super. I wish.

Basically, the name came around whilst playing Ratchet and Clank (The main character, called Ratchet, is a type of made-up animal called a lombax).

There is an item in the game called the charge boots, which allow you to fly about(Think Superman style, only a few inches above the ground). For some reason, I felt like being stupid (Anything new?) so I used the charge boots to blast into a room filled with enemies, yelling "I AM THE SUPER LOMBAX!!" and started shooting them all.

A few years later, I joined here, itching to use Super Lombax as a username, and used it in a couple of other places as well.

Now, the only place I'm not known as Super Lombax is Tamatalk, where I am TamaPhantom. Everywhere I'm known as Super Lombax, I'm frequently called "Lombax", or less commonly "Super".

I'm sure you all wanted to know that boring ramble. :lol:

Super :lol: Lombax

Edited by Super Lombax

There's a character called Carbine in Biker Mice From Mars and I loved the sound of it. Not long afterwards, I discovered it was also a firearm, and considering I love FPS games and stuff, I thought it would fit well. Wasn't my original online handle, but I got bored of everything else I'd been using and it popped back into my head.

Not very interesting, but there you go. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Back when i was like 10 or 11 I listen to this celtic CD and it mentioned the name seawulf which I thought sounded cool. And ironically enough a few years later I found out it was talking about the vikings invading Scotland. I wish I had that CD still I think the guy who sanged it his last name was McDonald I belive but for the life of me can't remember his first name I might have to google it or look it up on itunes or clean out my garage.

Ahh, how I love my online persona. "MK" is a username I came up with a few years ago, and I have no idea what it actually stood for at the time. "Mario Kid" is springing to mind for some reason, I guess probably because I'm a huge Mario fan and I first used it on a Nintendo forum, so... yeah. That and I imagine if I ever had a character version of myself they'd have a Mario hat :P

My username has gone through a few changes over the years though. Firstly it was always "MK Skillz", but I soon decided that sounded a bit too much like some noob trying to sound hardcore so wanted to drop the "Skillz" whilst retaining the "MK" that I had become known as. Variations of this included "Sir MK" (inspired by SatBK), "MK:UK" (I have no idea what I was thinking here), and now finally "Doctor MK" (yay for Doctor Who).

Basically, just call me MK and it's all good. If only SSMB allowed for two letter usernames :lol:

My very first username on a Sonic-ish forum was Super Spin Dash. It was highly unoriginal, so I eventually had it shortened to simply Spin (which is still unoriginal... but simple and to the point) and it's stuck for the last three years. XD

My very first username on a Sonic-ish forum was Super Spin Dash. It was highly unoriginal, so I eventually had it shortened to simply Spin (which is still unoriginal... but simple and to the point) and it's stuck for the last three years. XD

But now your dubbed Spinah because of Sonic Colors. Whenever Sonic does his new spin move he would shout "spinnnaahhh!" So if you wanted to know...

In case if I hadn't posted it yet well.. I got Zabel Zarock from the zombie character from Darkstalkers. Darkstalkers isn't too well known but the characters are more known. B.B Hood, Morrigan, and well pretty much every female character. Zabel/Lord Raptor has gotten some screen time in the vs Capcom series but he needs more as well as other Darkstalkers. Mostly Gallon... >.> But Zabel is pretty bad assed. Pulling a chainsaw out his leg magically is epic. :D

Have I answered this before in this topic? I can't remember.

Well when I first started going on the internet when I was 12, it never occurred to me to create a moniker. Nope, my stupid self decided to use my first name. There was a period when I started using the pen "Starlight Dreams" (so coooooorny), but it didn't last long. My first name sounds better. :)

Mine comes from a habit I picked up about eight years ago. I got this dogtag with the warriors ethos inscribed on it (from Andrews AFB if you must know) and since then I have always kept it on my person nearly 24/7. Nowadays I wear it around my neck so it can be close to my heart. My military background has made the set of morals really dear to me, so the name DogTagz stuck with it.

Sega just gets tacked on because the company is so boss.