Awoo.

Your thoughts and theories about the Tails Doll

SnipSnap

People keep referring to Tails Doll with proper pronouns like it's an actual character. It's not. It's an entity, a thing, used to fill out a roster in a rather overhyped racing game from like 16 years ago. The fact that it is still relevant in the fandom boggles my mind.

People keep referring to Tails Doll with proper pronouns like it's an actual character. It's not. It's an entity, a thing, used to fill out a roster in a rather overhyped racing game from like 16 years ago. The fact that it is still relevant in the fandom boggles my mind.

Because its turned into a Vagina monster recently.

Yes, that is no typo.

It's just an unfunny meme that never scared me to begin with. All it is is a useless doll made in Tails' image that runs as slow as hell, nothing else to really talk about. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is a character that has been added to the comics. Tails Doll is still a relevant Sonic character. Just like Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean and Bark, contrary to what most might think.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's only if you pay attention to the comics. I don't; I specifically follow the games where... well, most characters aren't relevant anymore lolz. =P

Tails doll huh? Why not Mecha Knuckles?

Actually, I think he could be creepy to a kid playing the games. Just look at him!

Tails_Doll_meets_his_match_by_Death_Driv

...or maybe not.... smile.png.

But seriously though, why do people say he is not a real character? He was in a real Sonic game, and is therefore more of a real sonic character than Princess Sally, and people still discuss her smile.png.

Plus tails doll was in more than one game:

SADX_Tails_Doll.jpg

Sonic adventure anyone?

Edited by knucklesgirl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Surely it has achieved this strange staying power because it's simply such an odd idea.  You can come up with a reasonable explanation for why it's a doll, but why does it have a gem on an antenna in its forehead?  Likewise, the creepypasta is clearly just a joke based on how strange and pathetic it is.  It's more funny than scary, which is precisely why the joke has worn thin.

I wonder if it's possible to redeem it; I do like the fact that when they were coming up with a filler character they didn't take the obvious route of making it a Metal doppelganger.  If it had been Metal Tails it would have been forgotten by the fandom as well as by canon, in which Tails Doll, like Metal Knuckles, is not likely to ever be relevant or even appear again unless they do a game specifically based around the cast's artificial imitations.  Perhaps its doll body literally is just a doll, and the "true" Tails Doll is just a microchip in its forehead to which the gem is attached, and the gem grants it telekinetic powers for some reason.

Tails doll was in more than one game:

SADX_Tails_Doll.jpg

Sonic adventure anyone?

Where's the red gem that was supposed to be attached to his forehead?

• Thumbs Up 1

Surely it has achieved this strange staying power because it's simply such an odd idea.  You can come up with a reasonable explanation for why it's a doll, but why does it have a gem on an antenna in its forehead?  Likewise, the creepypasta is clearly just a joke based on how strange and pathetic it is.  It's more funny than scary, which is precisely why the joke has worn thin.

I wonder if it's possible to redeem it; I do like the fact that when they were coming up with a filler character they didn't take the obvious route of making it a Metal doppelganger.  If it had been Metal Tails it would have been forgotten by the fandom as well as by canon, in which Tails Doll, like Metal Knuckles, is not likely to ever be relevant or even appear again unless they do a game specifically based around the cast's artificial imitations.  Perhaps its doll body literally is just a doll, and the "true" Tails Doll is just a microchip in its forehead to which the gem is attached, and the gem grants it telekinetic powers for some reason.

In the comic's the Red Gem is it's control gem. Tails Doll can also use it to build a monster body Neo-Metal Sonic-style by taking pieces of... stuff from the area. The control gem is also it's weak point. 

In the manuals/Sonic Channel it's explained why Eggman used a doll design-it's intentionally supposed to confuse Sonic should he ever use it for other than to go karting with Sonic. The metal designs of Sonic and Knuckles are obviously evil, so of course the stuffed "cute" design of a cute character is kinda reasonable. Then again the stupid glowing gem is an obvious dead giveaway.

Anywho, I find the Tails Doll to be just an unremarkable racing character whose only merits (being a member of the "robot knockoffs" of the main trio characters and a rather interesting -IMO- Non-Standard Robot Character Design) are completely overshadowed by an overblown obnoxious creepypasta-esque meme/following. I don't even think the character is all that bad, but if the posts here are anything to go by they've turned it into a scrappy character despite it having the grand total of one fucking appearance in terms of the games.

Edited by Yeow
  • Thumbs Up 2

In the manuals/Sonic Channel it's explained why Eggman used a doll design-it's intentionally supposed to confuse Sonic should he ever use it for other than to go karting with Sonic. The metal designs of Sonic and Knuckles are obviously evil, so of course the stuffed "cute" design of a cute character is kinda reasonable. Then again the stupid glowing gem is an obvious dead giveaway.

Anywho, I find the Tails Doll to be just an unremarkable racing character whose only merits (being a member of the "robot knockoffs" of the main trio characters and a rather interesting -IMO- Non-Standard Robot Character Design) are completely overshadowed by an overblown obnoxious creepypasta-esque meme/following. I don't even think the character is all that bad, but if the posts here are anything to go by they've turned it into a scrappy character despite it having the grand total of one fucking appearance in terms of the games.

Yeah, the cute innocent factor is what they did with it in the comics. That it just looks like such an innocent little thing, how could it ever hurt anybody, but when it does attack, oh wow. If it had been done better and in a better game, most likely I bet it would still be around or would have at least had its shine in one game before moving on again. Imagine if it was in a proper game and it was found at the beginning of the game to watch them, but it never did anything until the end or did the slow doing small things before the big thing. Massive twist ending! If only it had been used in that way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who started this tail doll meme again? Was somebody watching the child's play movies then played sonic r and was scarred for life or something? It's not scary it's not funny. And the fact that it made it into the sonic comic(with SEGA's approval mind) tells you that something isn't right. I'm just hoping that sonic exe thing will never get to that point

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Quit being mean to Tails Doll! I am surprised the Tails Doll has not come looking for you people. Eggman created by accident the most terrifying thing ever. Okay fine than I be real. I like how Tails Doll has become this big famous bad scary character. I would really like for Tails Doll to be in new video game. Because it be real funny for those brave enough to play it!

Quit being mean to Tails Doll! I am surprised the Tails Doll has not come looking for you people. Eggman created by accident the most terrifying thing ever. Okay fine than I be real. I like how Tails Doll has become this big famous bad scary character. I would really like for Tails Doll to be in new video game. Because it be real funny for those brave enough to play it!
... Dude, it's a near-inanimate doll. It's barely a character.
  • Thumbs Up 3

If you mean by "most terrifying thing ever" as being "most non-threatening Eggman creation ever considering it's as slow as molasses, has no means to attack and hasn't been programmed to do anything except race" then yeah, I could take this post seriously.

Pandering to the fandom by incorporating this shitty meme and the Tails Doll into the series again solely for that reason would just be yet another example of how far this series has fallen.

• Thumbs Up 2

In the comics, the Tails Doll can use it's "Control Gem" to control machinery and technology and build a monster body shell thing out of... stuff.

Why does that Metal Tails need an intake? That design confuses me. I like the helicopter part, though. That's pretty neat.

Probably an engine like Metal Sonic's design. I'm guessing it boosts him like it does Metal Sonic and the helicopter wings are mainly for flight.

I can't believe I used to think this thing was real. -hangs head in shame-

Also, since I haven't been keeping up with the comics, I decided to search the Tails Doll on the Archie Sonic Wiki (aka Mobius Encyclopedia)...

and oh man what is that

How do you get a monster like that from a lifeless doll?

I can't believe I used to think this thing was real. -hangs head in shame-

Also, since I haven't been keeping up with the comics, I decided to search the Tails Doll on the Archie Sonic Wiki (aka Mobius Encyclopedia)...

and oh man what is that

How do you get a monster like that from a lifeless doll?

I honestly have no idea how they came up with that idea to do that with the doll, but it definitely adds a lot to it to think that is what it could turn into if you got it in just the right mood and int he right circumstances. If they had done that back in the day, then the entire thing with the doll may have made a bit more sense. It would likely have been different though instead of the it will steal your soul thing.

I don't get the whole thing with the Tails Doll killing people either. Heck, when I first played Sonic R, 'scary' was the last word I would have used to describe that thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't get the whole thing with the Tails Doll killing people either. Heck, when I first played Sonic R, 'scary' was the last word I would have used to describe that thing.

Yes like " Why the hell is this unlocked Tails like character going so slow in a RACING game, Sega " ?!! 

You're not alone, but it did surprise me it was a doll instead of some kind of machine when I unlocked it. huh.png All the scary stuff appeared because of the theories the fanbase invented. 

But to be honest, I think all these theories are a nice chance for SEGA to make him appear as a cameo in... idk, probably a new ''horror'' stage in some next Sonic game. Imagine him appearing randomly in Hang Castle or Mystic Mansion flying around or just appearing in your face, now THAT might be a little intimidating. tongue.png

Edited by ₪►H3llhog◄₪
  • Thumbs Up 2