Awoo.

Your thoughts and theories about the Tails Doll

SnipSnap

If you mean by "most terrifying thing ever" as being "most non-threatening Eggman creation ever considering it's as slow as molasses, has no means to attack and hasn't been programmed to do anything except race" then yeah, I could take this post seriously.

Pandering to the fandom by incorporating this shitty meme and the Tails Doll into the series again solely for that reason would just be yet another example of how far this series has fallen.

I'd say that Archie would like to have a word with you, but even Sonic makes fun of it.

hqdefault.jpg

I groaned a bit when Tails Doll was introduced into the Archie comics, especially since they immediately started going into the "creepy doll" thing. Granted, I think Flynn deserves some credit for making a completely worthless character sort of interesting in how it can transform and how it could've been used to tear down Knothole and allow Eggman to attack... but like every plot line prior to "Worlds Collide" it obviously doesn't matter anymore. Like every bot introduced/re-introduced post-Genesis, Tails Doll goes out with a whimper and as little fanfare as possible.

Kind of wish we saw Tails throw down with Metal Tails from the Metal series, but the arc post-Genesis kind of dragged along unnecessarily after #236.

As for what I think of Tails Doll... well, it's a worthless character that's just a footnote in the grand scheme of Sonic mythology. I like to think Eggman ran out of money after fixing Metal Sonic and Egg Robo for the umpteenth time and building Metal Knuckles, so he gut a doll that looked like Tails and put some basic tech in it so to fill out his roster when he raced Sonic and friends in the Grand Prix. I dunno. Who cares, really?

Edited by Zaysho

I not know if it's because you people are older and are incapable of imagination or are a boring no sense of fun or humor and no offense. But you need to realize that Tails Doll is scary looking! Seriously it's like talking to people without an imagination! The Tails Doll is the thing that could help Sega to restore its reputation. :) Imagine (For those who can use imagination.) the Tails Doll video game! Or Tails Doll showing up as the boss or the Tails Doll being playable character. There are many youtube videos about the Tails Doll devouring the souls of people. (Not real life by the way.) If you use fakebook then go to Tails Doll fan page. :) It is very funny read there! And if you like his page, to the Tails Doll you are surrendering your soul to him by internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I not know if it's because you people are older and are incapable of imagination or are a boring no sense of fun or humor and no offense. But you need to realize that Tails Doll is scary looking! Seriously it's like talking to people without an imagination! The Tails Doll is the thing that could help Sega to restore its reputation. :) Imagine (For those who can use imagination.) the Tails Doll video game! Or Tails Doll showing up as the boss or the Tails Doll being playable character. There are many youtube videos about the Tails Doll devouring the souls of people. (Not real life by the way.) If you use fakebook then go to Tails Doll fan page. :) It is very funny read there! And if you like his page, to the Tails Doll you are surrendering your soul to him by internet.

I take it your a Tails Doll fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

I not know if it's because you people are older and are incapable of imagination or are a boring no sense of fun or humor and no offense. But you need to realize that Tails Doll is scary looking! Seriously it's like talking to people without an imagination! The Tails Doll is the thing that could help Sega to restore its reputation. smile.png Imagine (For those who can use imagination.) the Tails Doll video game! Or Tails Doll showing up as the boss or the Tails Doll being playable character. There are many youtube videos about the Tails Doll devouring the souls of people. (Not real life by the way.) If you use fakebook then go to Tails Doll fan page. smile.png It is very funny read there! And if you like his page, to the Tails Doll you are surrendering your soul to him by internet.

Th...This is sarcasm, right?

I'm offended by the whole "You don't find it scary? Then you must have no imagination then!" comment. Tails Doll is really nothing special, why am I supposed to find it scary? Because people on the Internet needed to ascribe some creepy quality to something totally innocuous? Seeing the character for what it is--a lame doll that could only win races by sheer luck--isn't lacking imagination.

Well I think it's obvious what Tails Doll is, I'm just surprised only one person said it. Seems like he's one of those dolls from Gamma's practice stage in Final Egg, like one of those E-Series target dolls. Sonic Adventure was in production during the time Sonic R was coming out, so Sonic Team probably used him to fill out the metal roster of characters in lieu of having no Metal Tails. Eggman's original purpose for him was probably decoy duty, target practice, maybe it was an effigy designed to take a beating, maybe he used it as a punching bag, I dunno. I don't think it's an actual robot though, more just like a doll that steers and stuff. Which is why I understand where the meme comes from. While you could guess he's somewhat of a remote-controlled toy by the antennae/gem/whatever on his head, it's not entirely clear. Because he's such a limp thing he's very lifeless and maybe, maybe spooky. The creepypasta plays that all up, I don't hate the creepypasta though, I find it amusing. Tails Doll in itself without all that is just kinda funny and weird to me. It makes me wonder if there were ever any deliberately scary parts of Sonic games, and if the series could benefit from a spooky kinda character or villain.

Well I think it's obvious what Tails Doll is, I'm just surprised only one person said it. Seems like he's one of those dolls from Gamma's practice stage in Final Egg, like one of those E-Series target dolls. Sonic Adventure was in production during the time Sonic R was coming out, so Sonic Team probably used him to fill out the metal roster of characters in lieu of having no Metal Tails. Eggman's original purpose for him was probably decoy duty, target practice, maybe it was an effigy designed to take a beating, maybe he used it as a punching bag, I dunno. I don't think it's an actual robot though, more just like a doll that steers and stuff. Which is why I understand where the meme comes from. While you could guess he's somewhat of a remote-controlled toy by the antennae/gem/whatever on his head, it's not entirely clear. Because he's such a limp thing he's very lifeless and maybe, maybe spooky. The creepypasta plays that all up, I don't hate the creepypasta though, I find it amusing. Tails Doll in itself without all that is just kinda funny and weird to me. It makes me wonder if there were ever any deliberately scary parts of Sonic games, and if the series could benefit from a spooky kinda character or villain.

Slight problem with that, Sonic R WASNT developed by Sonic Team

I am pretty sure Sonic Team had something to do with Sonic R, even if they weren't the main dev team.

I think, at the very least, they did supervise the development. Yasuhara designed the tracks (though I recall he expressed he wasn't happy with what SEGA was doing with Sonic at the time) and Naka was the one who told Jacques to produce the all-vocal soundtrack we all know today. I think Yuji Uekawa might've been responsible for character design on that title as well. Sonic Team had way more of a hand in Sonic R than most people think, even if they weren't directly working on the title (they probably were working on the Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure during Sonic R's development). EDIT: Yep, just look at the credits. Lots of Sonic Team staff did something while Traveller's Tales handled building the actual game

Edited by Zaysho

Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels the horror aspects of Tails Doll is a damn forced meme. Just like Sonic.EXE, I never got the appeal. For all of Sonic R's faults, the soundtrack is not one of them, and I do not enjoy this meme trying to take the piss out of Can You Feel the Sunshine.

That said, as far as I know, Tails Doll was merely intended as a "joke" character. Where as Eggman had invested time and effort into creating Metal Sonic & Metal Knuckles for the purpose of defeating their flesh and blood counterparts, it would seem Tails Doll was made of mere scraps. I say this for the fact that Tails' intelligence/technological skill weren't as defined as they are now, so Eggman may have felt he could have taken him out with a mere plush doll of himself.

Am... am I the only one here who doesn't have complete contempt for the Talls Doll? Personally, and maybe I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, I like almost everything about it. Hm, okay maybe I should say that I like the novelty of the Tails Doll. It grew from a (somewhat odd) choice for a unlockable character for a bad racing game to this community in-joke about it being some creepy supernatural entity.

I can understand being tired of the meme ("Get it! It's weird looking and scary! Let's cover it in blood and stuff! Har, Har, Har!"). But I don't understand the apparent hatred for something that's meant to be a joke. Granted, some jokes are taken a bit too far and becomes trite. But I never got tired of it, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

It wasn't particularly compelling on its own merits. It's not like it's some Slender-level sensation where the effort that went into creating the lore and media around it evokes sincere dread. The scare factor was so forced from the very outset with over-the-top creepypasta and awful fanart that it wore out its welcome immediately. Couple that with the fact that there are a few people, generally of a younger set, who do indeed shuffle Tails Doll around supposedly under the guise that it's novel, and thus you breed contempt. Yes, it's weird-looking. We get it. Can we move on?

• Thumbs Up 1

Am... am I the only one here who doesn't have complete contempt for the Talls Doll? Personally, and maybe I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, I like almost everything about it. Hm, okay maybe I should say that I like the novelty of the Tails Doll. It grew from a (somewhat odd) choice for a unlockable character for a bad racing game to this community in-joke about it being some creepy supernatural entity.I can understand being tired of the meme ("Get it! It's weird looking and scary! Let's cover it in blood and stuff! Har, Har, Har!"). But I don't understand the apparent hatred for something that's meant to be a joke. Granted, some jokes are taken a bit too far and becomes trite. But I never got tired of it, I guess.

No you are not because I not hate it and more might show up later. The Tails Doll is probably one of the most dangerous things ever made by Dr. Eggman. "The Tails Doll Stadium" picture I bet a lot of people hate. Not by me the picture great. I might be in favor of Tails Doll since Tails is my favorite character and Tails Doll equal to Metal Sonic. There is youtube video of him saying "Why is he not scared of me? I am the most feared thing in the universe!" That was funny line used lol!

Edited by TailsTellsTales
  • Thumbs Up 1