Awoo.

The Rouge the Bat topic

8ther

...in Sonic 2006 she was a better version of Knuckles and in Heroes everyone was a clone of Tails control and Cream was double cloned.

But Cream and Charmy had different solo attacks. Rouge literally just uses Tails' dummy rings.

I find her to be a character with a lot of anti-hero potential that is being squandered in favor of her being another of Sonic's cheerleaders.

And yeah, the sexualizing of her character is a bit weird.

Edited by Hobgoblin

Dio, you pretty much said my sentiments on Rouge better than I could, so I'll just be brief. Rouge is a pretty good character that's gotten unnecessary criticism due to her design. She's another character with loads of hidden potential, and I wish she could get the writing that she deserved.

I see elements of this in Archie's Rouge, so that will have to do for now.

Edited by Zavok

I'm okay with her, but I don't think much of her though. I don't think she has brought much to the series. I think she could be more useful. A good redesign would be nice.

Im the same way. I think I listen to Rouges music from SA2 more than I think of the actual character (No one said my taste in music was good). But you bring up a good point, would a redesign of Rouge inside and out cure the problems of the character? Personally I don't know. Her personality was more interesting back in SA2 when you could not tell what she was going to do next, or which side she was really on. When she was bad, a little selfish but still had a heart (deep down). But thats just my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Im the same way. I think I listen to Rouges music from SA2 more than I think of the actual character (No one said my taste in music was good). But you bring up a good point, would a redesign of Rouge inside and out cure the problems of the character? Personally I don't know. Her personality was more interesting back in SA2 when you could not tell what she was going to do next, or which side she was really on. When she was bad, a little selfish but still had a heart (deep down). But thats just my opinion.

A redesign would maybe help a bit, but at the same time, if she still acts the same as she did before, it wouldn't help much for me. Her design, while not a favorite of mine, is okay at best to me. It is more her personality that I do not like when it comes to her. If she was just the sneaky jewel thief and that was it, it would maybe be better. I just don't like the oh I am better than others and I will flirt to get whatever i want attitude. You never know how far that could go anyway either.

• Thumbs Up 1

The main thing that has always bothered me about Rouge is how her wings aren't attached to her arms, that they're separate limbs.

Other than that, I like her a lot, I didn't care for her at first but over time I've come to find her to be the most interesting 'morally ambiguous' character in the series. I also do think that her overall design is very pretty. I wish Sega would do more with her, but they haven't found much use for her after SA2. She was even one of the more fun characters in Sonic X to watch, so it's kind of a shame.

• Thumbs Up 2

The main thing that has always bothered me about Rouge is how her wings aren't attached to her arms, that they're separate limbs.

Other than that, I like her a lot, I didn't care for her at first but over time I've come to find her to be the most interesting 'morally ambiguous' character in the series. I also do think that her overall design is very pretty. I wish Sega would do more with her, but they haven't found much use for her after SA2. She was even one of the more fun characters in Sonic X to watch, so it's kind of a shame.

This is a good point. Anatomically speaking bats wings are connected to their arms. Not that the characters have to be anatomically correct, but it would have been cool if she could twirl and use the wings on her arms as sharp weapons. Sort of like wing swords or something.

This is a good point. Anatomically speaking bats wings are connected to their arms. Not that the characters have to be anatomically correct, but it would have been cool if she could twirl and use the wings on her arms as sharp weapons. Sort of like wing swords or something.

I've seen people do things like this before with characters. Having their wings be like swords on their arms that are very sharp like that. Though more often, the ones that use them as like elbow swords and such use the wings more for gliding rather than flying from what I've seen at times.

It may be a little too late to do anything about it, but I'd actually love it if they experimented with a new design where Rouge's wings were actually attached to her arms.  It would actually work very well with her SA2 design if executed properly, adding a healthy amount of eeriness to her design.

I dunno, I mean if we want to be technical, Sonic should be walking on all fours and have tiny furry arms and legs... so why should rouge be so technical?

I dunno, I mean if we want to be technical, Sonic should be walking on all fours and have tiny furry arms and legs... so why should rouge be so technical?

I'm not saying she needs to be very reminiscent of a real life bat.  Otherwise, she'd have a face like this-

1ySpBWnl.jpg

Now, imagine this with giant breasts.  You're welcome.

Because yeah, that would be a pretty bad design choice overall.  But having wings attached to her arms would make her interesting.  It would give a makeshift cloak of sorts and make her look a little more dangerous, but not so much that she looks like a dark, gritty Batman movie.

Edited by Spooky Akita
  • Thumbs Up 1

I simply find Rouge freaky because she's literally a human body with a cartoony animal head stuck on top, fake looking bat wings and a pointy thing sticking out of her butt.

She has no body hair ANYWHERE but her head, even Amy has pink fur on her body but Rouge? Hell, we don't know, but cover her head with something and she's literally nothing but a human woman in a skimpy Halloween costume.

• Thumbs Up 1

I simply find Rouge freaky because she's literally a human body with a cartoony animal head stuck on top, fake looking bat wings and a pointy thing sticking out of her butt.

She has no body hair ANYWHERE but her head, even Amy has pink fur on her body but Rouge? Hell, we don't know, but cover her head with something and she's literally nothing but a human woman in a skimpy Halloween costume.

She's only slightly taller then Shadow.

She's only slightly taller then Shadow.

I don't understand what you're trying to contribute to my post.

Anyway, I actually found an example of what I mean (spoiler cause it's kinda big):

Rouge_18.png

Why did they give her a navel here (which I'm glad they removed)...and look at how her head is just balancing on that model. Remove that head and you have a human.

I don't understand what you're trying to contribute to my post.

Anyway, I actually found an example of what I mean (spoiler cause it's kinda big):

Rouge_18.png

Why did they give her a navel here (which I'm glad they removed)...and look at how her head is just balancing on that model. Remove that head and you have a human.

That was a phantasy star online themed costune

I simply find Rouge freaky because she's literally a human body with a cartoony animal head stuck on top...

Can not unsee.

Thanks a lot.

But yeah, that is a pretty glaring flaw, especially in the model you specified above.  I'd argue that it works in her favor in SA2 and Heroes, though.  Maybe because the art style had her shaped irregularly enough to where it didn't look like a realistic human.  But that PSO costume just... yeah, agh.

You honestly couldn't get me to give a fuck about Rouge being a human with a cartoon animal head. In fact, I actually like it.

With a little faith, trust, and pixie dust...

Err...imagination?

• Thumbs Up 1

It is kinda disconcerting considering her body is colored like a humans, and the fact that her wings are separate limbs.

She more like a succubus than a bat, which was probably her original intention....but ya know, Moral guardians and all that shit. I mean is there anything vaguely bat-like about her other than her wings?