Awoo.

Lost World delayed to October 29 in America

Carbo

*Plays trailer*

Zor: Bad news is the one thing I enjoy.

Oh Sega... you continue to troll us all.

• Thumbs Up 8

American trailer shows new release date. For whatever reason it's being put out same week as ACIV and Battlefield 4.

Most people buying those games are waiting for the PS4/Xbox One versions. So I think it will do fine.

Oh well, gives me more time to get a Wii-U. 

Has the release date for Europe been changed at all?

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh well, gives me more time to get a Wii-U. 

Has the release date for Europe been changed at all?

Nope. Latest trailer still shows the 18th October date.

Nope. Latest trailer still shows the 18th October date.

Ah well.

I'll just avoid spoilers for longer, and like I said it gives me more time to get a WIi-U.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Well it's good Sega is taking it's time to make sure the game is just right. Last thing we'd want is for history to repeat itself.

Well it's good Sega is taking it's time to make sure the game is just right. Last thing we'd want is for history to repeat itself.

Except it will be out IN ENGLISH on October 18th in Europe. There is NO REASON for this delay!

Except it will be out IN ENGLISH on October 18th in Europe. There is NO REASON for this delay!

Wait what?! Well scratch what I just said then.

Well, I was on the fence on whether I would get Pokemon X or Lost World 3DS first. Looks like it may be Pokemon. I don't mind spoilers too much beyond final level-final boss-ending stuff, but for others it's probably gonna suck trying to avoid them for even longer now.

Edited by Inferno

I was debating whether I'd get Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies or Lost World 3DS first; looks like Dual Destinies it is.

thanks_obama-16196.gif

It doesn't really matter to me. I'm probably gonna be busy around that time anyway, and with Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and POKEYMAN coming out, I'll have something to keep me entertained. 

When there's a small difference in North American and European release dates like this, it's usually because of manufacturing or to put the game in a more desirable release window for that region. Saying there's "no reason" for the delay is illogical- as if they just did this kind of thing for shits. 

I thought it was coming out too close to Pokemon, anyway.

...Actually, I live in Europe, so it still is.  Don't know if I'll buy it when it comes out and then leave it to gather dust for a while, or leave it to gather dust on someone else's shelf first.

This is bittersweet because the 29th is also my birthday. Since I don't want to see anymore spoilers I'll guess I be back to this forum on the 30th.

Edited by RisingForever

Zoooooor's saaaaad that he's flyyyyying.

Also I used to get bullied in school by a girl called Zena. Hm.

Trailers look good, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like I have to stay off of this site from October 18th - 29th now. I really don't want any spoilers about the game until I get to play it first hand.

Ummm. SEGA, look I know that Sonic's overall gotten a lot better and has reclaimed much fame. And he's still my favorite videogame protagonist ever. But moving it to the same week as Pokemon...Even if it were called Sonic Adventure 3, yeah I went there, I doubt that'd be a wise move.

SIGH. At least it's only another week...

Though as fantastic as this game is, going up against Pokemon X and Y on the one hand and Battlefield 4 on the other is a bad recipe there.

Pokemon X/Y is on a handheld from a different market, as for BF4....we'll see since I've seen more pre-orders for it on the PS4/XB1.

The game should still do well, especially in EU. Even SA2 sold good on the GC despite being immensely unpopular compared to the PS2. Even Aaron shares the same thought:

“If we trace Sonic’s third-party roots all the way back to just after the Dreamcast, we released Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the GameCube and it did phenomenally well. We think that’s because there was a lot of overlap between the Sonic/Sega and Nintendo crowd at that time, and we just found historically that Sonic performs really, really well on Nintendo platforms. Sonic Colors did great, Sonic and the Black Knight did well and Sonic and Secret Rings did well — all Nintendo. When we look at the numbers, we thought — this is clearly where our audience is.”

http://playeressence.com/sega-sonic-audience-clearly-nintendo-systems-playstation-xbox/?fb_source=pubv1

Edited by Narukami07

Have I misunderstood when X and Y are coming out?  I thought they came out on the 12th, so moving SLW from the 18th to the 29th is putting it over two weeks after X/Y, not the same week.