Awoo.

Lost World delayed to October 29 in America

Carbo

OH, GODDAMMIT, WHY?? How come the UK release is still the fucking same??

Not just us, it's stayed the same everywhere. Except America. 

Why are people saying it has to compete with Pokemon? They're almost a week apart.

I honestly think there alot of Wii U owners out there scratching there brains out for a new game. I think it will do quite well. Sonic Racing Transformed did the best on Wii U so im hoping.

Delayed a few days before my SAT's FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---welp. Also why release it on the same day as battle field 4? Im hoping that it doesnt bomb in sales

Delayed a few days before my SAT's FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---welp. Also why release it on the same day as battle field 4? Im hoping that it doesnt bomb in sales

As I said earlier, Battlefield 4 is not on the WIi U, and almost every console player planning to buy the game are waiting for the PS4/Xbox One version which comes out in Late November. It won't affect Sonic Lost World sales THAT much.

Edited by KrazyBean

Not just us, it's stayed the same everywhere. Except America. 

North America, unless I'm mistaken. When people refer to just America, they're usually referring to the U.S. 

I swear, you guys forget about Canada and Mexico. 

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright let me get this straight...

Both versions of Lost World are delayed in America to October 29th correct? Well if that's case then getting Pokemon X is top priority for me, leaving about two weeks worth of breathing room for me until I can get Lost World 3DS.

Edited by Pancake Patterson

Well... everything today was going great...

But seriously though, what the hell could they be fixing in a weeks time. Especially when the other versions are still being released on time. I would love to know the mindset behind this. Also, putting it out the same week as AC4 and BF4... really Sega? You had literally the perfect date. Some of you have been saying that it still won't have to compete with these titles due to the differences but at the end of the day this IS something that they will have to face in an industry like this. Working at a game store has taught me a lot of things (especially the power of impulse buying). If someone goes in one day not looking for anything particular I doubt seeing Lost Worlds there will make a difference when AC4 and BF4 are placed right next to it. It's just really bad marketing. I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this but this is just coming from experience (2 cents and all).

*sigh* Anyways, I can't say I'm too bummed out by this. If anything I'm just mad that I'll literally have to take a week long break from this place in till I play through the game. I love you guys, but damn if spoilers from Generations didn't pour out like a bloody sink. But hey, at least I'll have Arkham Origins to keep me busy over that weekend. Plus, all dis information we got today! All in all, I'm a bit disappointed but not all that much to make a real difference in my excitement.

Well... everything today was going great...

But seriously though, what the hell could they be fixing in a weeks time. Especially when the other versions are still being released on time. I would love to know the mindset behind this. Also, putting it out the same week as AC4 and BF4... really Sega? You had literally the perfect date. Some of you have been saying that it still won't have to compete with these titles due to the differences but at the end of the day this IS something that they will have to face in an industry like this. Working at a game store has taught me a lot of things (especially the power of impulse buying). If someone goes in one day not looking for anything particular I doubt seeing Lost Worlds there will make a difference when AC4 and BF4 are placed right next to it. It's just really bad marketing. I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this but this is just coming from experience (2 cents and all).

This is the third time I've said this. BF4 is not coming to the Wii U, so it would not affect Wii U sales. Plus ever since DICE confirmed that the next-gen versions of the game will have 64 players and 60fps, A LOT of console players planning to buy the game are now not going to buy the current-gen version and are waiting for the next-gen versions to release which will be in mid to late November.

Also how well did AC3 do on the Wii U? It sold 0.18 million copies (which is 180,000 I think)...yeah.

Edited by KrazyBean

This is the third time I've said this. BF4 is not coming to the Wii U, so it would not affect Wii U sales. Plus ever since DICE confirmed that the next-gen versions of the game will have 64 players and 60fps, A LOT of console players planning to buy the game are now not going to buy the current-gen version and are waiting for the next-gen versions to release which will be in mid to late November.

Also how well did AC3 do on the Wii U? It sold 0.18 million copies (which is 180,000 I think)...yeah.

Still man, console difference is only a small factor when I see someone deciding which game to buy. They still have to compete with just pure shelf space and popularity. Also, there are still a lot of people not putting out money towards the new gen for a while. Add in the fact that the Wii U install base is already small as it is and it just doesn't seem like the smartest decision in the world.

Looking at the new US release date instead of going against LEGO Marvel Superheroes, it is going against Angry Birds Star Wars, Assassin's Creed 4, the new Pac-Man game and Monster High for the Wii U version plus the Regular Show game on the 3DS. If it came out on the original release date, it would have competed with LEGO Marvel Superheroes and that would have thrashed Sonic Lost World to pieces. The kids would have chose Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man and the rest of the Marvel cast over Sonic. With the new date, it depends whether Angry Birds Star Wars is just as big of a seller or whether Sonic Lost World will have a better chance. Plus there's the factor of Batman: Arkham Origins getting released slightly earlier however since there is no multiplayer, less people are going to buy the Wii U version unless there's going to be extras to compensate for the missing mode. Besides people will be still playing Pokemon anyway in terms of the 3DS version.

Battlefield 4 is for a completely different target market compared to Sonic Lost World and BF4 is not on the Wii U, even then people would rather buy the PS4/Xbone/PC versions when they come out or upgrade from the PS3/360 versions. Plus AC4 will sell the least on the Wii U compared to the other versions especially since the PlayStation versions (PS3/PS4) are known to have more content and the 360 has a large fanbase.

There could be logical reason why the North American version is delayed to the 29th October. There might have been a delayed certification from Nintendo of America that affects game release dates, there might have been a manufacturing delay (wrong master, faulty discs/cards, other games getting a priority, etc) or something up regarding Sega of America. At least it's not like Anarchy Reigns where it was released to the point of inrelevance compared to the Japanese version. Remember the European version is handled by Nintendo and apart from a few known cases, they try to be on time plus Nintendo is the most experienced in terms of their own platforms anyway since the cards are coming from Germany and the discs from Germany or Austria.

• Thumbs Up 1