Awoo.

SLW: Opening Cut Scene "Eggman... what have you done?"

Badnik Mechanic

Ah, the old "well you said release them!" trick... I'm guessing the capsule fell to its doom given that they didn't seem to be going towards it. Ah well. More animals where that came from! /pragmatic

I'm liking the CGI cutscene return, definitely, and am eager to see what the rest of the story consists of... I hope there are lots of cutscenes and not just a handful.

Also, I notice that if you look closely, it looks like Eggman actually tried to murder Tails with a headshot there. Thank God for turbulents or else that shot probably wouldn't have missed...

Also anyone else notice Roger's Sonic voice doesn't sound ridiculously low anymore?

Yeah, he really does sound a bit different there... I'm guessing he's like Jason Griffith in that his voice will change a bit as he gets more used to the role.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Also anyone else notice Roger's Sonic voice doesn't sound ridiculously low anymore? I can determinately see myself getting used to him now.

I've noticed his Sonic voice progressively gotten higher since Generations. I liked the 'low' older teen tone better but whatever, I guess I have to get use to this higher tone now.

Edited by sonfan1984

I'm only now seeing this, so forgive me if I only quickly browsed the current conversation before throwing in my two cents.

The cutscene seems fine. It's too early to judge anybody's characterization or the writing (though the previously revealed cutscene kinda made me cringe on Tails's characterization as a snarky little smartass just a little; I'm not asking for hero-worship, but being a little asshole to the guy saving your hide isn't cool either--yes, it's his fault it happened, but come on, son, he feels bad enough). I can see why people love that Eggman's continuing his jerkass tendencies, but it's really no different from anything the last five years. I gotta say, I love the animation on this thing though, and all the little gestures and everything. And, as usual, the voice actors sound great (between this and the English Deadly Six trailer that dropped today).

I shut off the video after Webber started yapping though; partially because I don't want to spoil too much of the game for myself, and also because he started with his usual "HEY! REMEMBER THIS CLASSIC SONIC FANS!?! WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN YOU WE SWEAR! SORRY SONIC'S EYES ARE STILL GREEN, BUT LOOK! RECYCLED BADNIKS FOR UMPTEENTH TIME! REMEMBER?! IF NOT I'LL HIT ON THE HEAD WITH A FRYING PAN UNTIL YOU DO!" As you can tell, I'm not fond of his approach--I have eyes, Webber, stop making what feel like desperate attempts to pander to the retro fanbase all the time.

But that's veering off-topic, so I'll shut up now.

Zazz, crazy for carnage in this bitch, lol anyway im really interested & how things are going so far in SLW, I mean I didn't even expect Windy Hill Zone 3 to even be Windy Hill Zone 3, iizuka seriously wasn't kidding when he said there was gonna be multiple level themes to keep us excited with the game. Im still really shitty about SLW being delayed till October 29th that's like the end of the month but, 7 days doesn't really hurt to much =P!

So far Eggman's been the highlight of the cutscenes. And you know what? I like that a lot.

Because's he's kicking ass.

Screw SA2, the good doctor was duel wielding like a boss at the end of Sonic Riders >:u

I think this is the first time we've actually gotten to see him fire a gun ever.

I'd imagine those animals were much safer inside that capsule if they were falling from that height.

And stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time we've seen Sonic do a spindash in a cutscene?

Edited by Rusty Spy

Damn... only a few cutscenes have been shown to us, and I'm loving every bit of dialogue. The Colors writers are getting full control over the story this time around, correct? All of the character interactions shown make me feel like everyone is having a real conversation. This is shaping up to be the best Sonic story since Black Knight, although topping Colors and Generations story wise really isn't that hard. 

And stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time we've seen Sonic do a spindash in a cutscene?

Nah, they've done it before, in Sonic Adventure. If I remember correctly, it was in Sonic's first cutscene. But considering that was over ten years ago...!

Eggman made me laugh! that face he made! What a troll he is!

And also, been too long since we had a CGI opening cutscene, short, but great!

Sonic missed the capsule, and even if he caught it, what then? carry the heavy capsule on the edge of the plane.

Edited by jordine

I don't mean to be one of those people, but...

KFxkics.png

Anyone else think that blob is kinda important to the story somehow? I know, it's a stretch, but if you watch the cutscene and look at it, it stands out above all the clouds and is darker. A few seconds later it then just disappears into the clouds, and it's obvious they animated that.

Again, I'm sorry.

Its kind of a funny role reversal considering for the last two games, its Sonic who was trolling Eggman. Payback's a bitch isn't it Sonic.

I don't mean to be one of those people, but...

KFxkics.png

Anyone else think that blob is kinda important to the story somehow? I know, it's a stretch, but if you watch the cutscene and look at it, it stands out above all the clouds and is darker. A few seconds later it then just disappears into the clouds, and it's obvious they animated that.

Again, I'm sorry.

Sorry man, it's just a small stationary piece of cloud stuffs, nothing important.

I've just noticed that so far out of the two interactions between Sonic and Eggman, the doctor is trolling Sonic with his own stupidity.

Like literally, Sonic is constantly getting his foot shoved into his mouth due to his own stupid actions and/or words.

I like this turn of direction.

Edited by Scheming Minor

Sonic Heroes

Watched the opening cutscene just now - that was not a spindash. T'was just a roll. It wasn't presented as a classic charging-revving-then-blasting-off spindash, just a quick roll.