Awoo.

SLW: Opening Cut Scene "Eggman... what have you done?"

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah, the cutoff is too abrupt to make sense as the proper end to the cutscene. There's got to be more to it, though it might just be a few more seconds to transition properly into Windy Hill Zone 1.

I would think this is the full CGI intro, then it'll shift into a short in-game cutscene before starting Windy Hill 1. Remember that Tails is still in the Tornado during that stage as we've seen.

Edited by Gatestormer

For being so short, this cutscene kicked all kinds of ass in just about every way appropriate for the Sonic franchise. Sonic owned, Tails owned, and Eggman mega-owned. Was excited right from the first five seconds, seeing Sonic and Tails in the Tornado with that fast-paced music. Love how it played out, with some action and emotion on Sonic's part, and Eggman acting like an evil villain without losing his sense of humor. And to give Tails some much-needed credit, he sure brought that plane around fast to catch Sonic. The two really do work as a team. 

I'm WAY more excited for this game's story, and this game in general, than I thought I'd be. :) Glad to see the writers were given the reigns on the story overall, pretty much, and not held to so many constraints by Sega. It seems like they're a lot better on their own and are having the opportunity to show their talent with less hindrance, and by now, more familiarity with the Sonic universe and its charming characters.

Same with the voice acting, actually. That... actually sounded like Sonic to me, incredibly close to what's in my mind's eye voice(?)... I can't say he's sounded so ideally Sonic-y to me since the VAs changed.

Wow. Count me in.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be kinda funny if the container held the Deadly Six themselves, or at the very least, Zavok, as a trap for Sonic set up by Eggman. It'd be a kinda neat way to introduce him

One thing I don't get is how Tails knows about Lost Hex? Is that explained later, or is it possible that this isn't the full cutscene?

I like the cutscene a lot! I like how Eggman was protrayed here. I am surprised that Tails somehow knew about Lost Hex so suddenly. Isn't that supposed to be a "lost world" or something?

And the Windy Hill level looked cool as well.

I'm expecting that we'll be tossed right into Windy Hill Zone 1 after the cutscene(to keep with the new tradition of jumping into gameplay quickly) followed by a cutscene where Sonic finds where Tails crash landed and Tails explains about how "I'VE HEARD OF LOST HEX BUT I NEVER THOUGHT IT ACTUALLY EXISTED even though the same could be said for Chaos, Dark Gaia, Project Shadow, Solaris..." and then they run off to find out what's up.

Maybe the first animal capsule you hit in WHZ1 will be implied to be the one that fell, to get rid of people thinking they died? Even if I find the idea of the plot forgetting about them funnier.

Even if I find the idea of the plot forgetting about them funnier.

I can totally imagine a post-credits cutscene of the capsule just burnt and broken to bits in Windy Hill.

• Thumbs Up 5

My problem is when somebody says "X is better than Y" people go on to interpret that as "Y sucks"

But Pokemon X is better than Pokemon Y! ..... Sorry, couldn't help it just this once. ^o^...

I am surprised that Tails somehow knew about Lost Hex so suddenly. Isn't that supposed to be a "lost world" or something?

It is, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tails was doing some random research on myth's and came across something on Lost Hex. Maybe in the game Tails will explain how he knew about Lost Hex, or shed some extra info on the place. So far, Lost Hex has me interested on what's the history of it.

One thing I don't get is how Tails knows about Lost Hex? Is that explained later, or is it possible that this isn't the full cutscene?

Tails knows everything.

Anyone else think that this isn't the complete cutscene? I feel like there might be some exposition from Tails that might have been cut after he says it's Lost Hex and before Sonic says to find a place to land.

I feel the same way too, that bit were it zooms out to show how beautiful lost hex is, it feels like it skipped. remember the picture? I feel it might have that in there.

And the whole falling animals which i'm pretty sure they'll be safe from the capsule. are they gonna be forgotten?  because they are falling into sonic's world. Whose gonna save them?

Oh fuck all y'all.

This cutscene kicks tons of ass.  It's the best.

So fuck each and every one of you.  Because this is my favorite cutscene now.

A few people think the cutscene wasn't as great as I thought it was. How could they, the fiends. They shall rue this day, and their children's children too.

I mean, did they just..? I am so done. 

#the struggle is real.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

#the struggle is real.

I can imagine Eggman saying that to tails as he watches him struggle trying to land the plane

"OHOHOHOHOOO, the struggle is real huh tails?"

Tails gets a twitter account: "Eggman shot down my plane. AGAIN. #thestruggleisreal"

Seriously, how many times has the Tornado suffered at this point? D;

• Thumbs Up 9

>Wing Fortress 

>Egg Carrier 

>Eggmanland

>Lost World

That's four for four now, at least Eggman is consistent.

• Thumbs Up 4

>Wing Fortress 

>Egg Carrier 

>Eggmanland

>Lost World

He's actually had it crashed to the ground an extra time if you count Big, ahem, "flying" it off the Egg Carrier.

Don't forget the opening to Circus Park in Shadows ga- *whisperwhisper*

huh? - *whisperwhisper*

we're not supposed to talk abo- *whisper* ahhhhh okay.

*ahem* Nevermind, we're not supposed to talk about that game.

>Wing Fortress 

>Egg Carrier 

>Eggmanland

>Lost World

Now who can count how many times Eggman's Eggmobile has been destroyed?

>Wing Fortress 

>Egg Carrier 

>Eggmanland

>Lost World

Let us not forget that beautiful moment Tails had in the Sonic Heroes opening.

Its almost as if Sega includes the Tornado in the games just to be destroyed or damaged haphazardly. :v

He makes a new one of those damn things every game, I'm sure he has like 10 of them sitting around his workshop right now

• Thumbs Up 1

Let us not forget that beautiful moment Tails had in the Sonic Heroes opening.   Its almost as if Sega includes the Tornado in the games just to be destroyed or damaged haphazardly. :v
It didn't crash in heroes tails and knuckles just jumped off of it and it flew off somewhere (its most likely he had it on auto pilot and it flew back to his house).

He makes a new one of those damn things every game, I'm sure he has like 10 of them sitting around his workshop right now

Nope it's the same Tornado every time. Tails just repairs it...

I love that they keep bringing back the Tornado. It screams nostalgia.

Edited by -Bender-

Nope it's the same Tornado every time. Tails just repairs it...

I love that they keep bringing back the Tornado. It screams nostalgia.

"The Tornado", Repaired Tornado, Tornado 2, Cyclone, Tornado 1, and now we're back to "The Tornado"