Awoo.

SLW: Opening Cut Scene "Eggman... what have you done?"

Badnik Mechanic

I always thought the Unleashed/Generations rendition of the Tornado looked pretty cool, really.

• Thumbs Up 4

I didn't mind the Unleashed trilogy tornado, but it looked more like a toy than an actual Bi-plane.

I just realized this is the first time the Classic tornado has been rendered in CG, and Sonic's first instance of wing walking(as in the WINGS and not standing behind the cockpit) in 3D.

It's like looking at Sky Chase Zone is glorious Hd. Beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 8

ZApdoey.jpg

Pssh, Ugly ass bulky ass piece of ass.

KD7UBtS.jpg

Classy as foooooook~

As a plane lover, I'll always prefer a raw, classic biplane over a glorified chunky piece of meh.

But you know, opinions and all that stuff~

• Thumbs Up 8

I personally love all the Tornado designs, and would have been fine if they stuck with the Unleashed model. It's toy looking yes, but still pretty cool looking. But I would love to see the blue designed Tornado return.

I always wondered why they went back to the original design/color and didn't just stick with the Tornado 2 from SA1-onward.

I kinda prefer the red, it just looks better to me. That being said, I miss my favourite thing about the Tornado 2: the transformations. I don't care what anyone says, that stuff was cool.

• Thumbs Up 4

Anyone else get the feeling that falling capsule might be a lucrative plot device?

Eggman: Muhaha! I've reeggstated my power over the Xeti and now i'm going to take...

*Capsule falls down and squashes him*

The End.

Edited by Wordy
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Unleashed model is just.. bleh! It's so disgusting.

The more classic styled version is so much better.

I never got why the Unleashed plane got so much hate. They look the same to me really, I don't get what's so radically different about them. But whatever I guess.

• Thumbs Up 5

I never got why the Unleashed plane got so much hate. They look the same to me really, I don't get what's so radically different about them. But whatever I guess.

They don't like it because now Sonic has a place to stand on it behind the cock-pit. I think it looks like how the Tornado looked in Sa1, it really does.

Oh, well I guess that's something that bugs me as well. I liked the SLW cutscene more than Sonic standing behind Tails which looked kinda awkward to me.

Don't really care about which design they went with personally.

I didn't mind the Unleashed trilogy tornado, but it looked more like a toy than an actual Bi-plane.

Well of course, it does have four glowing turbines on it's wings.

I always wondered why they went back to the original design/color and didn't just stick with the Tornado 2 from SA1-onward.

If Sonic team wanted to bring back an older plane design it's going to be from a time that wasn't anywhere near as controversial as Adventure.

It comes down to preference but I think people just liked how dynamic the original looked. It actually looks like a plane that could realistically fly and balance Sonic on its wings. For me, its just the nostalgia factor of seeing the classic tornado in glorious 3D.

I had to look twice when I saw Sonic Spin Dash during a cutscene, the little dude hasn't done that since Adventure 1!
Sonic Heroes is calling your name.

No its not, that was just him letting physics do their work and roll down that hill. I actually think Sonic standing on the back of the plane looks better logically but that's only because its just safer, but him standing on the wing works just as well and lets him be ready for action if something happens. Plus he's apparently resistent to strong wind as long as he's standing just and ready.

The Unleashed Tornado-1 and "The Tornado" have a similar shape but that's all there is, Tornado-1 looks more like Sa1's "the tornado" and it shares the problem of both the wing-span and plane itself being smaller that Sonic would need to stand on the back.

Edited by Chrononego

Honestly, I think a nice mix between the x tornado and unleashed's tornado would be nice, they both look pretty cool to me.

Sonic Heroes is calling your name.

Sonic Heroes isn't saying jack squat.

Watched the opening cutscene just now - that was not a spindash. T'was just a roll. It wasn't presented as a classic charging-revving-then-blasting-off spindash, just a quick roll.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just realized this is the first time the Classic tornado has been rendered in CG, and Sonic's first instance of wing walking(as in the WINGS and not standing behind the cockpit) in 3D.

It's like looking at Sky Chase Zone is glorious Hd. Beautiful.

Wellllll... there was that one time in Sonic Riders....

It comes down to preference but I think people just liked how dynamic the original looked. It actually looks like a plane that could realistically fly and balance Sonic on its wings. For me, its just the nostalgia factor of seeing the classic tornado in glorious 3D.

sonicbannerrender.jpg

But we've already had that for awhile now. D:

*runs* 

...Edit: I just realized that this banner foretold this future cutscene years before it happened.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 6

Sonic on the Tornado's Wing in 3D its the 1st time done using CGI graphics but not 3D in general. Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Riders still exist.