Awoo.

Thought this was a Riot...

Suonike

I thought this was pretty hilarious. It was translated from Japanese. Sorry, I don't have the link of the site anymore so I cannot really give credit where it's due. Some of you may have seen it before.

post-57-1245705094_thumb.png

I haven't posted in awhile so I thought that I would share that with everyone. It might not have been appropriate to create a thread for it but I didn't know where else it should go and how I should submit it.

To prevent this topic from being locked, maybe we should consider it the all-purpose thread for Sonic manga? Since there's several official manga series and all- It'd be good to have a discussion thread for that topic.

Dude that is fucking HILARIOUS! Plaque control FTW!!!

Ahem... To stop this rather net-speak influenced post from descending into spamdom, I shall leave you with this: they should have drawn Shadow with his hand on an audio mixing deck shouting "VOLUME CONTROL!". tEh LoLzErZ!!

Aha, I recognize that...

There's a lot of translated ones here, and this is the artist's site. Also this has a few others translated, as well as one volume of another Sonic manga.

Should've made a general topic about the sonic manga instead of posting a topic about one thing this kind of can get you warned.

Anyways, Ive never really known of any offical sonic manga only fan made ones what are the offical ones?

• Bad Quality Post 1

Should've made a general topic about the sonic manga instead of posting a topic about one thing this kind of can get you warned.

Anyways, Ive never really known of any offical sonic manga only fan made ones what are the offical ones?

As far as i know, there are two;

One is a really odd one from around the time Sonic 2 was released, in which "Sonic the Hedgehog" is actually the super hero-ish alter ego of a normal, pre-teen hedgehog boy. This one is most notable for being where both Amy Rose and Charmy Bee originates (that is, they were invented for the manga, and later immigrated to the games).

The second manga series is a more recent one which takes place in a continuity similar to the one of the 3D-era games, but is apparently a lot more lighthearted and childish, and almost entirely focused on humor rather than adventure. For instance, one issue had something to do with Eggman taking over a sand-box and not letting Sonic and the other good guys play in it... yeah :huh:

The second manga series is a more recent one which takes place in a continuity similar to the one of the 3D-era games, but is apparently a lot more lighthearted and childish, and almost entirely focused on humor rather than adventure. For instance, one issue had something to do with Eggman taking over a sand-box and not letting Sonic and the other good guys play in it... yeah :huh:

This sounds adorable. I want it.

This sounds adorable. I want it.

Now that i think about it, i might have misremembered a bit there. It might have been about Eggman taking over a sandbox and chasing away the children that normally played there in order to build sand castles and stuff there himself... which i have to admit somehow is kinda cute! :P

Yes in the future instead of just posting a strip you find funny you could start a general topic maybe about the comics (though I'm not sure why someone said this is the kind of thing which'll get you warned, it's more the kind of thing that would get your topic locked and hopefully explain the reasoning to you). Since someone linked to the comics as a whole though (thank you btw, I've been looking for a place I could read more of those ^_^) we can continue the discussion about them as a whole.

I have to say this one always was my favorite just because of the expressions (especially Knuckles in the last panel XD)

Heeey, I remember those strips from a couple of years back! I loved them, they're absolutely hilarious. I've been trying to find some translated versions of the Sonic mangas for years now....unfortunately I haven't had any luck, although there are heaps of translations for the numerous hentai mangas.

For the record, I don't think any of them are "official" - as far as I know in Japan it's legal to publish and sell fancomics/doujins. The companies basically treat it as free advertising for them. So yeah, they aren't liscensed like they are over here, and are basically fan works if you want to call it that.

I still dearly want them, especially after a certain someone had to mention Eggman trying to take over a sandbox...I think my need to own these things just doubled. That IS cute!

Aha, I recognize that...

There's a lot of translated ones here, and this is the artist's site. Also this has a few others translated, as well as one volume of another Sonic manga.

OMG thank you so much. I love this artist and a while back I thought her/his website was down. I'm glad there are more people translating these comics. They're classically funny. And thanks for linking those CoroCoro comics. They were hard to find too.

Heeey, I remember those strips from a couple of years back! I loved them, they're absolutely hilarious. I've been trying to find some translated versions of the Sonic mangas for years now....unfortunately I haven't had any luck, although there are heaps of translations for the numerous hentai mangas.

For the record, I don't think any of them are "official" - as far as I know in Japan it's legal to publish and sell fancomics/doujins. The companies basically treat it as free advertising for them. So yeah, they aren't liscensed like they are over here, and are basically fan works if you want to call it that.

I still dearly want them, especially after a certain someone had to mention Eggman trying to take over a sandbox...I think my need to own these things just doubled. That IS cute!

But the two Sonic mangas i mentioned are official (unlike the ones that people have posted links to in this thread, which are really only fanfiction). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic..._Hedgehog_manga

Yes, this is somewhat funny, the best part for me has to be sauce control.... I want to look for the rest of these if they still exist.

But nothing compares to the win of Chaos Swissroll

• Thumbs Up 1

Is that CoroCoro volume someone linked complete? There's more stories missing, right? And it was never completely translated either was it?

• 3 months later...

Alright, yes, this is too much of a minor thing to have a whole thread dedicated to itself. Looking back I realize how idiotic it kind of was to post such a little thing as its own thread (I think I was bored/looking for something to maybe contribute). I'll try to post new threads in the future only if I need to or feel that it is appropriate. Don't know if there is an unofficial Sonic manga discussion thread goin'... this can be it if everyone wants it to be. I liked this strip too, by the way. This is kind of the darker days of Sonic but now I'm getting a little hopeful and even a little stoked with Project Needlemouse now:

post-57-125488462675_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sega really ought to have some one localize the Sonic manga to other countries. They would be a nice alternative to the archie comics, and if I am not mistaken, Sonic is more popular outside of Japan than he is inside, so why any Sonic goodies should be Japan exclusive is beyond me.

I suppose the older two Sonic Manga are out of the question for an english translation, so I wish Sega would have somebody make a brand new one ( if they did though, I forsee at least one original character, and several themes and settings not present in any game ).

Not manga, but I own the Look and Find Sonic book somewhere in my room. That wikipedia page on Sonic comics reminded me of it.

This topic makes me very happy XD I love Sonic related comics like this, especially if it's funny, which you don't see too much these days. I have saved quite a bit of images from those sites, and I really liked the image from the first post XD

saucecontrol

I wish I had the link somewhere, but there was an english translation of the official newer series of Sonic manga. That one is based solely around humor, but I would be a bit quick to call it kid humor. There were two volumes of it, though I only read the first one.

In that, it has a few stories like Eggman robbing a bank and Sonic trying to stop them, and they compete to see who's the "cockroach" but when Sonic gets past Eggman's traps (which Eggman gets caught in instead with some bleeding involved, but he survives which as Sonic says "is like a cockroach") Eggman gets frustrated and pulls out a giant robotical can of Bug Spray to kill "That roach!" (since Eggman keeps calling Sonic a cockroach) but the robot ends up determining Eggman as the cokroach and attacks him.

In the 2nd one Sonic and Tails are snowboarding and Eggman challenges them to a downhill race ,winner gets a million yen, but he has a trap in the shape of a device that freezes in time anyone he points it at but he keeps missing and hitting random animals (which in result keep hitting him in the face) only to try to escape an avalanche and Sonic beingthe wiser one and tricking Eggman to free the avalanche while he is in it so he's stuck in the avalanche even till spring where all the snow melts except the avalanche he is stuck in.

There were other stories (most disturbingly a story about treature in the ocean where Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy try to get it before Eggman, but Eggman wears this loincloth thing swimming that comes off so he's naked... And giant robot sharks were involved too and the treasure was a loincloth with the symbol of love on it...) let me see if I can find scans on it...

Not really a Sonic Manga as much as a 4 koma talking about Sonic, but...

sonic.jpg

Made that just a few minutes ago. Loving this "make your own Hidoi Dramatic Joke" thing that started today. Probably become a full fledged meme in short while; I've already made a bunch besides this one.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Bad Quality Post 1