Awoo.

Sega Says Sonic Audience Is Clearly On Nintendo Platforms, Not Xbox Or PlayStation

NiGHTS

Since the GameCube, Sonic games have always sold better than on the other consoles. Deal with it.

As for SLW's sales on Wii U, pretty sure the sales have been steady but sadly not above and beyond. By the time we hit Black Friday we might see it go up, but then Super Mario World is definitely going to cast its shadow over Sonic come Christmas.

I expect the next Sonic game will be on all next gen platforms including Wii U. Yes, the Wii U is a next gen console and whilst not as powerful as PS4Xbone it's still an HD console.

They have sold better on Nintendo consoles... But there's no need to stop releasing them on other consoles and the PC.

While I am more of a Nintendo fan, I feel like there should be no exclusives. But since the Wii U is not as powerful as the PS4 and the XBox One, Nintendo may miss out on some games.

Edited by -Metal Sonic-

Personally, outside of Zelda, I wouldn't really call myself a Nintendo fan. I AM a Sonic fan though. For me, this is almost backwards. As good as Wind Waker HD is, it's also a game I played 10 years ago. If it weren't for a new Sonic, I could have held off buying my Wii U until the new Zelda came out.

I guess what I'm saying is, I like the franchise more than any platform. They could have signed an exclusive deal with PS4, and I would have bought a PS4, to play Sonic.

The same way I bought a PS3 for MGS4 in 2008.

The same way I bought a 360 for Sonic in 2006.

Oops.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, outside of Zelda, I wouldn't really call myself a Nintendo fan. I AM a Sonic fan though. For me, this is almost backwards. As good as Wind Waker HD is, it's also a game I played 10 years ago. If it weren't for a new Sonic, I could have held off buying my Wii U until the new Zelda came out.

I guess what I'm saying is, I like the franchise more than any platform. They could have signed an exclusive deal with PS4, and I would have bought a PS4, to play Sonic.

The same way I bought a PS3 for MGS4 in 2008.

The same way I bought a 360 for Sonic in 2006.

Oops.

That likely is a good philosophy to follow though. Follow the games, not the consoles like some people do. I'm sort of similar here in that I'm looking for games I want to play. I don't care what console it is on as long as I can get the games I'm wanting to play. If it is on Nintendo then cool, if it ends up being one of the others then fine with me. I know I may not have a good opinion on Microsoft at the moment and have been buying a lot more Nintendo and Sony this year, but that's just me. I'm still in it for the games over all, which I'm sure lots of others all are.

Also, yes I did the same thing you did there. I bought a 360 for 06, and I just got the WiiU for my birthday in October to get Lost World.