Awoo.

Want to Download Sonic Lost World? eShop File size revealed for both Wii U and 3DS.

YoshiUnity

Well, I looked around to see if this topic was up yet, I don't seen anything about it so here we go! And if I just happen to be as blind as a bat and missed a topic that is already discussing this -- Feel free to obliterate it with your modly powers, Moderators. Then afterwards, I can treat all of SSMB to smoothies!

... ..............................................................

... There are no smoothies... Anyway, here's the topic.

Sonic Lost World Will Dash Away With Plenty of Memory on Wii U and 3DS

Posted

Tue 24th Sep 2013 13:45

by Thomas Whitehead

We've got both file sizes for you to check out

630x.jpg

With Sonic Lost World now powering up a spin dash for its October release on the Wii U and 3DS, those most interested in a purchase have the usual choice of sticking with a retail disc — old skool — or opting for an eShop download instead. Those considering the eShop route may want to know that it's a fairly meaty download on both systems, particularly on the Wii U.

The Wii U version will demand 8475MB / 8.37GB of space in Europe, which we imagine will be similar in North America. As for the 3DS title, it runs off with 10,253 blocks, as they're still known on the handheld, which amounts to roughly 1.25GB. Clearly those HD visuals demand a lot more resources, and on their respective platforms these can be considered as medium-sized retail downloads, though SEGA's effort on Wii U is certainly more memory hungry than Nintendo's first-party efforts to date.

Are you considering picking up Sonic Lost World on either or both of the eShop stores, or would you rather have a disc or cartridge to hold? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/sonic_lost_world_will_dash_away_with_plenty_of_memory_on_wii_u_and_3ds

Short and sweet version:

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)

- 8475MB / 8.37GB of space

Sonic Lost World (3DS)

- 10,253 blocks / roughly 1.25GB

In other words, if you have the Basic WiiU model and was thinking about downloading Sonniku Rost Waurdo from eShop, buy some external storage or just settle for retail.  This is some pretty good amount of  space for the system. I mean, even for the Deluxe version, it will still take just over a fourth of space.

Even though I have the Deluxe Wii U and a 32GB SD card for my 3DS, I'm just going to stick with the retail version and save as much space as I can for both systems.

Anyway, discuss!

Edited by Wonder-Unity
  • Thumbs Up 2

That's a lot of space, almost the same size as pokemon X & Y or am getting mixed up with save storage space than download space.

Edited by Time Eater

Yeah, I was thinking that that was a pretty decent file size... ah, I've found a few samples for reference:

...I can't find out how big Generations 3DS was, though, which would be the really interesting comparison.

Doesn't bode well to download it, really. Not the WiiU version anyway, not unless you have an external harddrive. I'd guess many will, but that's...

Wait. What am I saying? Only excessive downloaders will have one.

Point being, um...

I'm not an excessive downloader.

8GB? That's not that bad. It'll only take a few hours and I've done that with Steam before, which is more convenient then buying it on disc. I've also got a 250gb HD hooked up so also no issues on that front.

Download sounds good to me.

Edited by xXx_420b1az3it_5W4G_y0L0_x

Decent file sizes for both I guess, though I'd have to get an external hard drive for the Wii U version since W101 took whatever I had left and then some (I had to delete NSLU to make room).  I already have it pre-ordered for retail, so it's not that big of a deal.  

Might pick up the 3DS version digitally.  I got a new SD card recently because there's a lot of stuff on the 3DS eShop that I want (needed to make some extra room for Ace Attorney 5 along with everything else I had).  Lost World 3DS isn't really on my "must buy" list as of now either.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why the 3DS still uses blocks, but whatever.

Kinda hoping for a demo release honestly sad.png

Everyone is tongue.png

I always buy retail games anyway, so no big deal for me.

Edited by KrazyBean

I plan on getting as many games as I can on digital this gen and forward since it's just more convenient for me. Unfortunately I kinda have to get SLW retail because you can't get the D6 DLC digitally. So yeah, this isn't bad news for me.

Edited by TheVGamer

I got a 1 terabite already hooked on for my Wii U, Half of my games I got for it was downloadable so I might do it for this game as well. That isn't a bad size honestly.  I believe Generations for PC was about the same size actually. Maybe a gig less so...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I was thinking that that was a pretty decent file size... ah, I've found a few samples for reference:

...I can't find out how big Generations 3DS was, though, which would be the really interesting comparison.

Generations 3DS is 4,870 blocks, which is about 609 MB. So Lost World 3DS is about twice as big as SG 3DS.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good thing I'm getting them physically, then. I've got a 16gb SD card on my 3DS, so I'm covered there, but I still haven't gotten an external for my Basic Wii U.