Awoo.

Video Games that you've had for years but haven't beaten.

AzureHedgehog

I've got a lot of games I bought, but haven't even gotten around to playing! I checked to make sure they worked and then forgot about them! But I'll list the ones I can think of that I have actually played.

Tales of Symphonia: Love the game. I think I got near the end. But for some reason I got stuck because I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to be going. I went to everywhere I could think of, but nothing triggered anywhere!

All the Sonic Advance games: Can never get all the chaos emeralds.

Sonic Heroes: Again, the emeralds stopped me!

Enslaved: I love the design of this game. But I remember getting stuck on a water section.

Orphen: Not the greatest game ever, but I enjoyed it. Got right to the very last boss. But I just can't seem to beat him!

Blue Dragon: I think with this one I had the same problem that I did with ToS. I got quite a way through, but then for some reason I got stuck. No idea where to go or what to do. 

.hack: I got the whole game series when they came out, with the goal of playing through it all. I got to the last boss in the first game and got stuck. He's just too hard! I level grind, but still no luck. The other 3 games are stuck on the shelf, gathering dust. But at least I got to watch the dvds.

Panzer Dragoon Orta: I love the previous games, I read that I could use it with the backwards compatibility of my 360, which I why I bought it. But what it didn't tell you is that it only plays it up to about level 4! So I had to find an xbox somewhere to finish it. Luckily I found one, but I can't stand the chunky controller! I think I got near the end and just decided I couldn't take the controller anymore.

Sonic Unleashed. Goddamn Werehog.

I completely forgot Unleashed since I sold it a loooong time ago.

I haven't beaten that shit yet because Dark Gaia is a pain in the ass.

It depends on what you mean by "beat."  I've beaten the main aspect of the majority of the games I own, but I've barely ever beaten any of the games 100%.  Below is the list of games I haven't even beaten the main part of.

Super Mario World (SNES) - The main reason I've not beaten this is because the save feature in my copy is broken.  It's been broken for as long as I can remember.  You would think that since it's not only one of my favorite games but the first game I recall ever playing that I would probably be inclined to attempt to sit down and beat it all in one sitting.  But nope.  It's just too long of a game for me to do in one day.

Super Putty (SNES) - This game is relentlessly difficult.  Every single level features you being bombarded with obstacles in all directions and some hazards which kill you in one hit.  It's brutal.  I have seen the ending of the game thanks to cheats, but never legitimately.

Desert Strike (SNES) - This is a game that a lot of people tell me is super-easy.  But... I can't get past the first level.  I am that terrible at the game.

Jungle Strike (SNES) - Can't get past the first level here, either.  Mother of god.

Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) - I wanted to beat it.  I should have beaten it.  But nope.  My SNES, for some reason, refuses to load the game now.

Diddy Kong Racing (N64) - Being one of my favorite racing games, you'd think I'd sit down and beat it... and I would.  But I haven't.  I've come close to, but have yet to even get to Wizpig.  Some of those later missions are just too frustrating.

Pokémon Stadium (N64) - Despite being pretty good at the handhelds (against NPC's), I always lose even the lowest level matches on this game.  I don't know why.  I'm just terrible at the Stadium games, specifically.

Chameleon Twist (N64) - I have no excuse for this.  This is such a great game.  Why have I not beaten it yet?!

Disney's Tarzan (PS1) - While an all right game in its own rights, it's not interesting enough to beat, in my opinion.

Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle 5 (GBC) - The game doesn't deserve to be beaten... though it is a fun, little time-waster from time to time.

Pokémon Ruby (GBA) - I've beaten Sapphire, but never Ruby.  Heh.  Wonder why?

Sonic Pinball Party (GBA) - I love pinball.  But I am awful at it, especially when it involves doing specific actions at a certain speed.

Digimon World 4 (GCN) - This game is a blast with friends, but miserable alone.  So naturally it means that nobody wants to play it with me anymore. =/  C'est la vie.

F-Zero GX (GCN) - 2xtreme4me

Sonic Spinball (via Sonic Mega Collection GCN) - Fuck.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (via Sonic Mega Collection GCN) - Fuck!

Sonic 1 and 2 Game Gear (via Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Gems Collection GCN) - FUUUUUUUUCK!

Ristar (via Sonic Mega Collection) - I love this game, but it's surprisingly difficult.  But it's fun so I'm sure I'll get around to beating it one day.

Tails Adventure (via Sonic Gems Collection) - Just didn't interest me enough to keep going.

Tails Skypatrol (via Sonic Gems Collection) - Everyone tells me this game is so easy a preschooler could do it.  Turns out, I am not smarter than a fifth grader... or a preschooler.

Vectorman (via Sonic Gems Collection) - On my list, but haven't gotten back to it.

Vectorman II (via Sega Smash Pack 2 PC) - Also on my list.

Comix Zone (via Sega Smash Pack 2 PC) - I have a very interesting relationship with this game.  It's a very nostalgic game.  I used to own it on Windows 95 bundled with Ecco the Dolphin.  Since it's, you know, no longer 1995 and we've had to toss that computer by the wayside, I've had to find other means of playing this game.  To say it's difficult is an understatement.  I've only ever reached the third level, I think.  This is a game I've literally been playing since I was young and have never once beaten.  I'm scared of beating it now in fear that I may not see the game the same way as I used to.

Every Sega Smash Pack 2 game that isn't Sonic 2, actually - Yeah, I've beaten Sonic 2 but never Kid Chameleon, Shining Force, and all those other games.  Should get around to that.

That's actually a lot more than I remember.  I need to get busy.

A metric ton of games haven't even beaten, out of the 450+ games only about 96 or so have been beaten or fully completed excluding a few arcade games that obviously can't be completed due to that they loop endlessly until they either a maxed out score or crash. It is simply due to being a poor player due to reaction times among other things (some games people find easy, I found really hard even on easy mode). In fact out of 16 years of owning Sonic 2, I've only managed to beat it without any Chaos Emeralds this year.

Some big games that haven't been beaten include Sonic 1 (Labyrinth Zone), Sonic 3&K (Marble Garden), Sonic Spinball (just managed to get to Showdown this year), GTA IV (just find it a chore to play), Driver (1st stage), Uncharted 2 (up to the Turkish stage), Perfect Dark (Final Stage), Donkey Kong 64 (due to a bug), Super Mario Land (Easton Kingdom), Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, Shenmue, Desert Strike, Sonic 2 Game Gear (just too hard, lucky to get to Sky High and that is abuse the pause button).

GTA 1, Gran Turismo 1, 2 and 3 have only been completed via cheats (the latter via the Concept disc, when completed you get lots of money and the Suzuki Escudo Pines Peak Edition aka the ultimate car) so those don't count.

Interesting topic, I've had a few games I've been unable to complete over the years. 

Ghost Recon 2 for the Xbox, holy crap that's a tough game. It's rather obscure too because the Xbox version was completely different from the more popular PS2/GC version, which means there's almost no walkthroughs or anything for it, sadly.

Oh dear, I've only managed to just get that game due to that it was really cheap and looked good. From dapping on the other Ghost Recon games though, it's going to be pretty tough for me to even get past the 1st mission.

• Thumbs Up 1

SNES

Donkey Kong Country ( friend beat it for me)

Genesis

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Toejam and Earl

Tazmanian devil game

Sonic & Knuckles

N64

Super Mario 64  ( friend beat it for me)

Donkey Kong 64 (Made it to final level lost though)

Diddy Kong Racing ( Wizpig)

Edited by Dreamy Luigi

Sonic Unleashed. Goddamn Werehog.

The werehog stages aren't that hard. It was honestly fun for me to play them.

Hey  guys, if you really have that many games that you haven't beaten, why not sit down and start beating them before buying more games? That's why my buying speed isn't as fast as it could be because I at least try and beat most of the games I buy instead of just shelfing them right away after buying. It is almost a waist of money otherwise. You will have tons of stuff to play and not spend anymore money for awhile as well. smile.png 

Besides a huge lot of Steam games from bundles and etc., there's one game in special that I have but I can't simply beat: Demon's Souls. I suck at this game and every time I try to play it I feel a weird mix of joy and anger.

I like the game but when I die because of a stupid shit, making me lose hours of progression, I simply turn off my PS3, before I get an urge to throw my controller at the TV.

Also, I have Xenoblade since the launch, still haven't beat it. I plan to do so someday though, I just progress very slowly through RPGs since I'm not really used to them.

Sonic Heroes - URGH WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO HARD TEAM DARK

Don't feel bad! When the game came out I thought I'd change things up a little and start with Team Dark and using Team Sonic last tongue.png I can't tell you how many times I cursed the game within the first 30 minutes of playing.

Shenmue 2 - Played the original on Dreamcast and loved it, went ahead and purchased the PAL version .. and didn't spend more than 30 minutes playing.. It stares at me everyday from my game shelf .. if only my Dreamcast still worked.

Sonic Advance 2 - ugh... you had to memorize where the 7 gold rings were in a zone to access the Special Stage.. and if you played Sonic there were parts you could not reach to access those rings sad.png I managed to get 3 Emeralds at most before giving up and not even trying to beat it without the Emeralds.

Sonic Adventure (Mission Mode XBLA)- I don't get it. I just don't get it. When DX originally came out I managed to beat all the mission with little to no trouble at all.. 10 years later I just can't do it D:

Smash Bros Brawl (Boss Battles on Intense) - Even if I got to the last boss its impossible for me to dodge his full screen attack sad.png

Super Mario Bros. - Yep, the first Super Mario. I got to world 8-4 .. just always ran out of time working my way through the maze. Shouldn't be too difficult I keep telling myself so I never bothered to look up a guide. Kinda sucks since I've beat 2 and 3 without any problems

I've beat Sonic Spinball.. but not without cheating and going straight to the last stage.

I don't remember much about DK64, I know I beat it and had fun doing it.. all I remember is the last stage was in a boxing ring

The trick with Toe Jam n' Earl is 1. - Don't open any ??? boxes and 2. - If you see the door to the next stage, take it. Before you know it, you'll finish it

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Sonic 2 is the first game that comes to my mind. Final boss is way too hard for me.

The original Rayman. I loved Rayman 2 and 3 - played the hell out of them as a kid. So one day I thought that buying Rayman 1 would be good idea... well... I really don't like this game. I'm sure I could beat it but I just can't be bothered.

Gothic 4. I got this game as a present but.... it's SOOOOO BORING. I dunno. Maybe RPG's are not my thing.

All the racing games I own. I suck at them.

928335_67394_front.jpg

I've owned this game since Christmas of 2009, and while I love the cel shaded art style that stays faithful to the design of the comic book, the combat is really weak for me, and I can't stand the chase sequences. I rage quitted after attempting to complete the Venom VS. Electro chase sequence, and I haven't played it since. I feel like I should go back to it, as I love the art style and story, but it just doesn't interest me enough to complete it.

Sonic Pinball Party comes to mind, I never managed to get past the first two or so levels in the story mode thing. Sonic Spinball--and all of the Game Gear Sonics--as well.

I never 100%ed Kirby Air Ride despite loving that game.

Then there's Brawl. I never bothered to beat the last boss in the Subspace, and I don't think I unlocked everything either...

There's a few random DS games that I've left unbeaten, I believe...

Okay lets see...

Skyrim. I bought this game when it was released and I haven't played it since. Not because it's a bad game of anything, I just haven't got round to playing it. I will some day.

Resident Evil 4. I downloaded it on PSN. Played it two or three times, absolutely hated the controls (felt more awkward than RE5's) so I haven't touched the game since.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Played the game only a few times. I don't like the slide-boost mechanic compared to S&SASR's design which is much easier to master.

ToeJam & Earl. I downloaded it on PSN, but have barely touched it.

Downloaded the original GEX game on PSN. Played it a few times and lost interest.

*Searches through a dusty pile of long forgotten PS3 games that I have barely touched* Holy shit I had forgotten that I own a copy of L.A.Noire and Deus EX Human Revolution! I must play them!  

Call of Duty: Black Ops. Played it brielfy. Not really my kind of franchise.

Sonic Colours; But wait, -Bender- doesn't own a Wii U (or Wii)?

I purchased a copy of Colours a few weeks back in preparation, as I will be getting a Wii U console in October along with another new Sonic game... tongue.png

Edited by -Bender-

Sorry if this is off topic but for all the people who are stuck on wizpig, have you tried rapidly tapping the gas button (it makes you go faster than holding it) and if you let go of the button right before hitting a boost pad you get an extra burst of speed, just make sure to press it again afterwards. Wizpig requires some very perfect driving but even with these two things he can still be pretty tough and if you hit anything or slow down for too long at all its just best to restart while your ahead since the race leaves little room for error.

Banjoe Kazooie (N64)

All I remember is that we have to find the next world in the hub world and the world we had to find was some prehistoric world. Me and my brother search everywhere to find it, eventually gave up.

X-men 2: Clone wars (Sega genesis)

OMG This game is really hard!You really have to be so good at this game! when you get game over, you have to start over, AT THE VERY BEGIINING!

Spyro 3 year of the dragon: Everytime I get close to the final boss the game restarts and would have to do over the level, eventually we lost our memory card and we would do the whole game without saving. everytime we get to the final boss it restarts but this time it was never saved. We played the whole 3 times at least until we gave up. but the game was that fun to keep me going again and again.

Sonic Blast (Sonic Mega Collection plus)

Blue Marines act 2 can go suck it.

Sonic labyrinth

Got stuck at a level. gave up. 

I personally wish I was a little kid again.

I had so much freetime to constantly play video games. Now? Ha.. HA HA!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 3D Blast, I died over and over on the Volcano Valley boss as a small child and could never be bothered to return to it. Similarly, Sonic Chronicles just bored me to tears so I gave up. Honestly though, I attempt to beat the game's main storylines if I can, so I don't buy games as often incase I don't like them and don't finish them.

For me the main one is Majora's Mask.

I got the Gamecube Zelda Collector's disc back in 2004, and just typing that is actually a shock to me that I've had it for so long. I played through Zelda 1 and Zelda 2, and skipped Ocarina of Time as I'd only recently played it through thanks to my copy of Wind Waker having the bonus disc.

I've never managed to get that far in it though. For one, I am not a fan of the 3-dy cycle. It just doesn't click with me. Second, its not a gret port, as it is prone to freezing. I did complete the first two dungeons, and got to a sidequest where I was trying to save cows on a farm from a bunch of aliens...or was it Poes? Either way, I got very frustrated with this (in addition to the 3-day cycle's role in performing the task at hand), and rage-quit. I keep mening to go back to it, but there's always something else I get distracted by...and that's included Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Surprised at the amount of people saying they stopped Resident Evil 4. Where's everyone going? Bingo? Sorry. 

I actually just re-beat that game and was going to start a Professional Mode playthrough soon. Easily my favorite game in the series.

Personally, I dropped Devil May Cry 1 when I got to the Nightmare boss. I'm sort of ashamed, because I lost interest when I was so close to the end. It's not like he's impossibly hard or anything, but I tried it a few times and just got so annoyed that I didn't pick it up again. 

I've never managed to get that far in it though. For one, I am not a fan of the 3-dy cycle. It just doesn't click with me. Second, its not a gret port, as it is prone to freezing. I did complete the first two dungeons, and got to a sidequest where I was trying to save cows on a farm from a bunch of aliens...or was it Poes? Either way, I got very frustrated with this (in addition to the 3-day cycle's role in performing the task at hand), and rage-quit. I keep mening to go back to it, but there's always something else I get distracted by...and that's included Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Bro tip: when you're defending the barn from the aliens, if you played the Inverted Song of Time to slow the flow of time, the aliens will move half as fast. And if you pay attention to the dog, he'll bark at the aliens who are closest to the barn, so follow him around.