Awoo.

No luck in the Market Place? (Feedback)

AzureHedgehog

Well I liked to browse around and see what other people had in the market place here, I was interested in looking through all of the Sonic stuff , and the Bootleg Topic was probably my favorite because it is so god damn useful.

However, what's not useful is trying to actually purchase something from there.
I have tried several times to get in touch with users on the forums if I find something cool that they are "selling", I PM them, yeah that's cool, they say everything's ok, but when I PM them back asking something like "is everything still a go?" The seller never replies to my messages!!!! Therefore, the Item can not be obtained, also it sure is a kick in the face when people are selling things only in one certain area and not worldwide.

So yeah, i've only tried it once or twice, I don't think I want to again.

I'm better off with Ebay or CD Japan when it comes to Sonic Stuff.

Edited by AzureHedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

But... how is that the fault of SSMB?

And which sellers? Only I havn't seen anybody selling anything in there for a while. When I sell stuff I always offer it as being worldwide, but if the seller hasn't sold to people outside their own country, you can't blame them for being a little hesitant to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Usually for most people, the market place isn't a reliable venue for profit or item hunting. People tend to put up their items in a casual manner and hope that someone eventually decides to look at it and is interested. The SSMB market place is nowhere near the most prominent feature of the forums, and not everyone has the time or money to monitor it with the intent of buying something. And unfortunately, it is true that not everyone's going to keep on top of things even when they're the ones selling stuff. They may not reply to your messages because they're busy, or have forgotten, etc. If it becomes a problem in which you have paid for the item and have not heard any word from the seller, then that is a definite issue and you should alert us staff immediately, because swindling will not be tolerated.

So it's an undeniable fact that you are probably better off in the long run looking at sites such as Amazon or eBay if merch hunting is a regular thing for you. The market place is particularly casual due to it being made as a result of a desire for the community to have a venue for buying and selling amongst each other, so it doesn't have the discipline that is expected with other sites focused on goods and services.

EDIT: Misread the opening post. Re-edited my own to better address the complaints that were brought up.

• Thumbs Up 6

Don't worry, I didn't actually buy anything from there. 

I think i'll just only use it to see what kind of Sonic Items are  still available as I said before, and to still check up on the bootleg topic, Those things are hilarious.

But yeah, won't buy anything from there though.

Edited by AzureHedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

I can't even find the board anymore. I used to lurk around to try to catch up on news, but now I just get an error message. Guess I'll just have to find out what's new elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1