Awoo.

Can character inclusions (besides Sonic) now work with SLW's gameplay?

Narukami07

the additions that made the games more popular and that many fans liked are actualy worse for the game and are decreasing sales?

I, uh

don't really see the connection here

Considering how many times sonic 1 was remade and still sold very well around 15million justifys the fact the vast majority want the classic style gameplay back because the  classic games out sell almost all the modern games combined. Character Design is an example of selling a game why did America have to change Sonics design for the  first game? To appeal to Americans so character design is very important.

The ironic thing is almost everyone hates American the assface.

Also 

Let's just be thankful generations didn't make us play with these useless characters in the 20th anniversary and continue to keep using sonic only weather classic or modern. It is Sonic's game and sonic should be the only playable at least sega is smart with that.

Rayman has other people that aren't Rayman playable

Mario has a crap ton of other playables

Crash bandicoot,Spyro,etc. I could go on. Why does the name of the franchise dictate whether or not others can or can't be playable?

Edited by Goofy

The ironic thing is almost everyone hates American the assface.

Also 

Rayman has other people that aren't Rayman playable

Mario has a crap ton of other playables

Crash bandicoot,Spyro,etc. I could go on. Why does the name of the franchise dictate whether or not others can or can't be playable?

That is because in this day in Age whenever a game is sold overseas there is little to none international changes since they forcefully shove Japanese stuff in our faces and retcon our own canon with their existing canon.

Edited by Sonic 1

Considering how many times sonic 1 was remade and still sold very well around 15million justifys the fact the vast majority want the classic style gameplay back because the  classic games out sell almost all the modern games combined. Character Design is an example of selling a game why did America have to change Sonics design for the  first game? To appeal to Americans so character design is very important.

Well, let's see:

-Sonic 1 has been rereleased countless times on the merit of being the first, not the best.

-Sonic 1 was packed with the Genesis

-Just because a game sells well doesn't mean that the majority want classic gameplay. Maybe it's just damn good or people are curious.

-Sonic 1 is also literally on every system after the DC and every SEGA system before it.

-People hate the American design

That is because in this day in Age whenever a game is sold overseas there is little to non international changes since they forcefully shove Japanese stuff in our faces and retcon our own canon with their existing canon.

What? I have no idea what you're saying.
Edited by Mr. 0

Well, let's see:

-Sonic 1 has been rereleased countless times on the merit of being the first, not the best.

-Sonic 1 was packed with the Genesis

-Just because a game sells well doesn't mean that the majority want classic gameplay. Maybe it's just damn good or people are curious.

-Sonic 1 is also literally on every system after the DC and every SEGA system before it.

-People hate the American design

First of all you are basing your facts of the present but not the past secondly I stated sonic 1 was remade many times next time read and comprehend the meaning of a user's post before pulling a phoenix wright on them. Also classic games outsell almost all the modern games I consider that really horrible for the current sonic games at the moment.

Edited by Sonic 1

First of all you are basing your facts of the present but not the past secondly I stated sonic 1 was remade many times next time read and comprehend the meaning of a user's post before pulling a phoenix wright on them. Also classic games outsell almost all the modern games I consider that really horrible for the current sonic games at the moment.

This is not the past. 

That is because in this day in Age whenever a game is sold overseas there is little to none international changes since they forcefully shove Japanese stuff in our faces and retcon our own canon with their existing canon.

That's bad in this case because?

Edited by Goofy

having a unified canon so people don't get confused when they speak to someone from anotehr nation is somehow a bad thing?

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Think what you want of me guys but my thoughts I have about these cast of characters is true. I do not like them. I do not have a problem if you like them but don't be upset if you won't have them playable in future sonic titles because it is not that big of a deal to be quite honest. The idea of Sega using just Sonic is the best way to go no matter which way you put it. It is a smart business decision for the franchise and the public gamers around the world.

What about replay value? Surely that's a good thing!

They didn't change his design, every version of the game uses the exact same sprite.

I figured some of you wouldn't understand instead you support chef shit and sega makes chef shit that's how it goes. You want an explanation of how the wisp got on planet hex? Well you won't get one because you support this chef shit. That is all.

'That is because in this day in Age whenever a game is sold overseas there is little to non international changes since they forcefully shove Japanese stuff in our faces and retcon our own canon with their existing canon.'

I'm sorry, but in terms of Sonic, this is sorta BS. Sonic was designed to APPEAL TO A WESTERN AUDIENCE. American canon sorta sucked in the 90s. They don't really shove Japanese stuff in our faces; in terms of Sonic there's hardly anything Japanese to shove in our faces, aside from canon, *which is entirely in their hands because they're the ones creating the games, characters and storyline*. And can I see proof of classic games outselling modern games? I'm sorta curious to see how large the differences are.

Back on topic: I'd like certain characters, like Knuckles, Amy, Tails, Espio, and Shadow to also be playable. A nice diverse cast right there.

What about replay value? Surely that's a good thing!

They didn't change his design, every version of the game uses the exact same sprite.

Box art wise buddy, back in the day it was hard to present different designs with those graphics duh. Normal people who just play videogames and dont care which games they play consider the american sonic to be the most cool and iconic

Sorry forgot to put my thoughts on this.

Think what you want of me guys but my thoughts I have about these cast of characters is true. I do not like them. I do not have a problem if you like them but don't be upset if you won't have them playable in future sonic titles because it is not that big of a deal to be quite honest. 

Maybe not to you, but it sure as hell will for a lot of other people. You know, the people that, say, prefer tails to Sonic. Or Knuckles. Or even Shadow!

The idea of Sega using just Sonic is the best way to go no matter which way you put it. It is a smart business decision for the franchise and the public gamers around the world.

Says who? You? Cause I'm pretty sure you don't know what the entire populace want. Perhaps what you want but not everyone. 

But Sonic & Sonic 2 were packed in with Genesis/Mega Drive systems. I don't remember any modern games being bundled in with a system. Also, no one understands what you say in your post and the fact that it was remade many times is a perfectly valid reason on why the first game sold so much.

But Sonic & Sonic 2 were packed in with Genesis/Mega Drive systems. I don't remember any modern games being bundled in with a system. Also, no one understands what you say in your post and the fact that it was remade many times is a perfectly valid reason on why the first game sold so much.

Lol, how does that help your claim those games are what sold those systems in the first place. If it wasn't for sonic sega would have been out of console business long before dreamcast. Sonic Lost world is only going to sell the system to sonic fans that is all.

Edited by Sonic 1

Lol, how does that help your claim those games are what sold those systems in the first place. Sonic Lost world is only going to sell the system to sonic fans that is all.

And perhaps fans of Platformers? And kid gamers? And gamers that may want to try something new, or get back into the series?

By that logic, if it wasn't for Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, then Nintendo's consoles would've been out of business long before today.

By that logic, if it wasn't for Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, then Nintendo's consoles would've been out of business long before today.

That could possibly be true to be quite honest.

That could possibly be true to be quite honest.

Except... Kinda sorta not, because one franchise doesn't necessarily have a console's life in its hands.

Except... Kinda sorta not, because one franchise doesn't necessarily have a console's life in its hands.

Sonic adventure 2 for dreamcast says otherwise.

Lol, how does that help your claim those games are what sold those systems in the first place. If it wasn't for sonic sega would have been out of console business long before dreamcast. Sonic Lost world is only going to sell the system to sonic fans that is all.

You know there are more games than the 5-6 Sonic games on Genesis right? Shinobi? Streets of Rage? Puyo Puyo? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Mega_Drive_games This page has over 900 games listed that released on the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Box art wise buddy, back in the day it was hard to present different designs with those graphics duh. Normal people who just play videogames and dont care which games they play consider the american sonic to be the most cool and iconic

Where are you getting this information? Just about everyone I know (and this includes plenty of "normal" gamers) thinks American Sonic looks really weird! In fact, I have no doubt that Sonic would have been just as popular in the west without the redesign.

But this topic isn't about which version of Sonic looks better, We were discussing why you consider it a bad idea to have other characters than Sonic be playable. Could you please explain why you hate replay value?

Sonic adventure 2 for dreamcast says otherwise.

The Dreamcast was majorly flawed to begin with. It was sorta doomed. It couldn't hold up to the N64 and SEGA was slowly losing money around this point, I think, which probably would have ended with pulling the plug on console creating anyhow.

You've also failed to answer my original question about the supporting cast. Why can't others be playable when other franchises, with the main characters name, have done this? If it is fine for them, then why is it wrong for the Sonic series?

The Dreamcast was majorly flawed to begin with. It was sorta doomed. It couldn't hold up to the N64 and SEGA was slowly losing money around this point, I think, which probably would have ended with pulling the plug on console creating anyhow.

Its life depended on Sa2 which epically failed and moved the project with added bonus features to the gamecube.