Awoo.

Can character inclusions (besides Sonic) now work with SLW's gameplay?

Narukami07

The Dreamcast was majorly flawed to begin with. It was sorta doomed. It couldn't hold up to the N64 and SEGA was slowly losing money around this point, I think, which probably would have ended with pulling the plug on console creating anyhow.

Everything after the Genesis failed for SEGA. SA1 and SA2 didn't keep the system afloat because it died before SA2 even released which is why it also came out on Gamecube, for the people who didn't want to buy an already dead system to play a game they want.

I agree with you on that, Mr. 0.

I notice our friend Sonic 1 has a tendency to 'forget' to reply to some of our inquiries. Why do you not want replay value in the form of other characters?

You've also failed to answer my original question about the supporting cast. Why can't others be playable when other franchises, with the main characters name, have done this? If it is fine for them, then why is it wrong for the Sonic series?

The title would be misleading for the game if I was forced to play as any other character besides Sonic.

The title would be misleading for the game if I was forced to play as any other character besides Sonic.

But in Mario Party, you can play as a variety of characters. Is that misleading? What about playing as a Pokemon trainer rather than a Pokemon? Or Link rather than Zelda?

Edited by Dr. Harleen Quinzel

No one would ever mistake Super Mario 64 DS for a Wario game just because you can play as Wario.

jaw-drop-o.gif

Then by that logic, every game with the main characters name as the title with other playables are misleading. Mario, Zelda,Rayman,etc.

Also, if they weren't forced?

Edited by Goofy

I think you are forgetting about Sonic and Knuckles, also you arent 'forced' to play as knuckles or tails in S3&K, but it sure can be fun too

I think you are forgetting about Sonic and Knuckles, also you arent 'forced' to play as knuckles or tails in S3&K, but it sure can be fun too

Worse of the 3 classic games in my opinion.

Worse of the 3 classic games in my opinion.

Because you play as other characters that aren't being forced on you unless you want to 100% the game?

What? How does that even work? The only way it would be "misleading" is if Sonic wasn't playable at all!

Care to tell us why?

Well it carries over the 2 dbz rip offs from Sonic 2 and makes super sonic have green eyes a super saiyan 2 form (hyper sonic) also the 7 chaos emeralds represent dragonballs while the super emeralds are namek dragon balls. The angel island is kami's lookout. Knuckles is obviously piccolo. I liked it when sonic was a simple blue hedgehog collected emeralds for an extended ending and had awesome zones.

These zones music is overated the level design isn't as good. Also I don't want to play as tails or knuckles there is no point.

That's one reason I just hate playing as other characters its a  chore and strays away from the original formula the franchise is actually famous for. Sega has been doing good with cast wise of playable characters but they still need to fix a lot of things before they become a successful company again.

That's one reason I just hate playing as other characters its a  chore and strays away from the original formula the franchise is actually famous for. Sega has been doing good with cast wise of playable characters but they still need to fix a lot of things before they become a successful company again.

Except neither Tails or Knuckles strayed from the core essentials or a Sonic game. They can still roll, platform, run fast, jump on badniks,etc. They just have their own abilities to differenciate them from Sonic.

Well it carries over the 2 dbz rip offs from Sonic 2 and makes super sonic have green eyes a super saiyan 2 form (hyper sonic) also the 7 chaos emeralds represent dragonballs while the super emeralds are namek dragon balls. The angel island is kami's lookout. Knuckles is obviously piccolo. I liked it when sonic was a simple blue hedgehog collected emeralds for an extended ending and had awesome zones.

These zones music is overated the level design isn't as good. Also I don't want to play as tails or knuckles there is no point.

Okay, it has similarities to DBZ... But what exactly is wrong with that? People like Super Sonic because, unlike Sonic 1, it gives the Chaos Emeralds a purpose outside of making a (barely) different ending to the game. Plus, it's fun to plow through levels with invincibility and Sonic's abilities super charged.

That's your opinion, but I strongly disagree. And Tails and Knuckles have abilities that give the level's replay value, since there are alternate paths they can get to that expand the levels even more.

Edited by Straw Hat

omg this guy is like the best member here

please dont ever leave this is hilarious

edit: aww he was banned

On topic though, yes, SEGA should make them playable. At this point they have no reason not to, besides paranoia. It offers more options in levels and also makes them put a little more thought into the level design, as well as helping the characters stand apart from each other

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

omg this guy is like the best member here

please dont ever leave this is hilarious

edit: aww he was banned

On topic though, yes, SEGA should make them playable. At this point they have no reason not to, besides paranoia. It offers more options in levels and also makes them put a little more thought into the level design, as well as helping the characters stand apart from each other

I think one reason that they won't make extra characters is because of people like "Sonic 1" who constantly talk shit about how they don't want any of Sonic's friends in a game ever again.

I think one reason that they won't make extra characters is because of people like "Sonic 1" who constantly talk shit about how they don't want any of Sonic's friends in a game ever again.

Hopefully Sonic Team realize that there are people who DO like these characters and playing as them, but who want them to be fun to play as at the same time. (Ala, Sonic 3 and Knuckles....)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love for more characters to be included if it was like Sonic 3. The characters could explore different paths based of their abilities. Tails and Charmy would have an upper route, Sonic, Espio and Shadow a middle route, Amy, Vector and Knuckles a lower route, maybe? Tails gameplay could be slightly different due to perhaps different badniks to face than the others; Charmy's could be based on the flower mechanism from Heroes; Sonic would be speed based, Shadow could be primarily in use of using Chaos-orientated powers; Knuckles and Vector would be strength-based, and Amy could have some mystical power shiz based on Tarot cards and her Hammer. There's a good variety but still has the core Sonic speed platforming. It'd be best if it wasn't required to completely every character's path as well, so those who want just Sonic could still enjoy the game.

All multiple playable characters, should they ever be implemented, should have a chance at reaching different paths. Sure you can hide some secrets only a specific few characters can reach with their abilities, but as far as the general paths to the end go I should still have the chance to be able to reach the upper route with a character that might have a harder time getting there.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic

Oh, I do think that everyone should be able to access those paths; it all depends all how and who that makes it different. For example, it'd be difficult for Knuckles to go from the lower route to the high upper route, Tails would have the same difficulty reaching the lower route, and Sonic would have equal difficulty reaching either route.