Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

I don't know what that fucking thing is that is trying to look like Knuckles, but I better not see ever it again by the time 2014 rolls around. I will nuke Sega headquarters.
I gotta be frank, was kinda waiting for your views on it ever since I saw that Knuckles design, lol.

Expanding on my last post, the artstyle is a major turnoff. Sonic and friends's redesigns make no sense. Surely any kid with a brain could play Sonic Lost World or whatever, then look at this and call bullshit on the redesigns? And that background looks so fucking generic. It feels bland and boring and, by startling coincidence, reminds me of Wave Ocean.

Dude...we don't know what they look like, you're trying to critique silhouettes.

It really seems like they made the characters look unique and stand out from each other. It looks cartoony as fuck... and hey! What do you know. It is a cartoon

I'm not sure how the normal art style of the series doesn't somehow encompass this line of thought.

• Thumbs Up 8

Chooch's post just made my fucking day, I was waiting for your initial response to Knuckle's design.

Never stop Chooch, please. <3

Anyone remember that rumor concerning Sonic taking a new direction come 2014?

...Yeah...if this is a product of that, I'm getting bad vibes.

Please. Please no. Please no I will threaten to resign from this fanbase forever if this happens I swear upon my everything. LOL

Dude...we don't know what they look like, you're trying to critique silhouettes.

Silhouettes that are quite clearly completely different from the original characters

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Diogenes pretty much covered this already - unless judging something we are meant to judge has become taboo overnight or something, there's nothing wrong with doing so.

And we can tell from the siilhouettes that Knuckles the BeefChest is very likely going to have at best a passing resemblance to his far more well known look. And we are supposed to STFU and not complain about this because...?

He and many others have been saying the same thing just in a different way throughout the entire thread. I don't think there's anything constructive coming from there.

Edited by Mogtaki

It's real everyone.

10041321226_fdeabae8d6.jpg

>CGI

>Ridiculous designs

>CGI

>Action comedy for 6-11 demographic

>Action comedy

>CGI

Maybe all my biases are showing right now, but...holy gee I am not expecting anything good from this. 

When people try to turn video games into "CGI action comedies for the 6-11 demographic," well...we get abominations like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoHCmIO0FRk

Oh, and from the 90's, perhaps maybe this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTGMS3jDxV0

buuut people actually like that one for some reason so

hehe

"Takashi Iizuka, the head of Sonic Team and driving creative force behind the Sonic games, is overseeing the series to ensure that it’s true to the Sonic characters and universe."

I'm sure that by "true to the Sonic characters and universe," they mean "setting characterization back to Sonic Heroes." If not that, then their personalities will be tailored to match the "Typical Unfunny CGI Action Comedy Ensemble". Sonic will most likely be a stereotypical obnoxious, snarky teenage hero who likes to crack unfunny jokes about Eggman's girth. Tails will be a stereotypical nerdy "techhead" who lives for technology and everything and makes things and wow such mechanics. He also likes to crack unfunny jokes about Eggman's girth.

Knuckles is the "HURR DURR IMMA BEATCHOOO" dumb bruiser type, a good fighter but incredibly stupid, a fact that the show points out constantly for the sake of unfunny jokes. And Amy...will probably be about the same. Maybe just Flanderized more.

Either way, I'm kind of expecting Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures, but with Sonic.

Am...am I being too negative right now?

• Thumbs Up 1

Thirteen pages of catchup, but here I am.

Characters... characters... Tails, Amy and Sonic. They look fine, if that is who they are meant to be. For all we know, these could be the new ememies based on the original concepts for the characters we know and love. After all, what did Lost World do? Reveal the enemies first. And if what I just said was true for this series, I think I'd be curious as to the story concepts as well.

On the other hand, it could be Random Generic Fan-made Characters Join Forces to Beat Random Generic Fan-made Eggman and New and Returning Enemies: The TV Series.

Oh my fucking god Knuckles this is going to be so terrible I'll be sure to watch it when it airs

• Thumbs Up 8

Please. Please no. Please no I will threaten to resign from this fanbase forever if this happens I swear upon my everything. LOL

this This THIS THIS THIS!!!!! I will permanently say goodbye to Sonic if this show sucks and becomes the new direction for the entire franchise. 

You wouldn't see Fang or Mighty regardless of who was in charge.

Why the hell not? Just because they were abandoned by the games doesn't mean they can't show up in other stuff!

Edited by ElectroKyurem

this This THIS THIS THIS!!!!! I will permanently say goodbye to Sonic if this show sucks and becomes the new direction for the entire franchise. 

Surely I'm not the only one who saw the "LOL" part, right? I'm sure he was half-joking, man.

Edited by DarkLight

Surely I'm not the only one who saw the "LOL" part, right? I'm sure he was half-joking, man.

Oh...........

Well I feel stupid.

But seriously if this turns out as bad as it seems and it becomes the new direction for the franchise in general then I really will get up and leave the franchise in the dust. 

I was able to recognize all of those silhouettes.

I feel kind of lame, haha.

But compare a silhouette of the current Knuckles design with the one from Sonic Boom. They look nothing alike.

Oh...........

Well I feel stupid.

But seriously if this turns out as bad as it seems and it becomes the new direction for the franchise in general then I really will get up and leave the franchise in the dust. 

Leaving a fanbase because of one major design overhaul is, in honesty, nearly as bad as "bawwww green eyes".

A silhouette is the basis of a character design. You can get an overall idea of what a character looks and feels like just from their general shape and pose. You can even compare shapes and critique them, and further refine them to get something more finalized. We do this all the time in animation.

cartoon_silhouettes.gif

You don't need to see the details of these characters to have opinions on them, to espouse ideas of their looks and personalities. You just don't.

Yes, that is true, But silhouettes only show the outlines of a character design. And I never said you can't have an opinion, but rather than opinion does have much substance to be called outright terrible.