Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

You really have no understanding of what it is that's upsetting people.

If this prompts a massive change for the series extending beyond just this TV show, it will immediately cease to be the series that so many people have adored for years, and become something totally different. The character designs are far from what people know and love, which then also implies other dramatic changes too. It sounds perfectly reasonable that some people would feel the franchise is no longer for them.

Yes its happened before. Those classic fans who never really got into the Sonic games from SA onwards?

*Reads more about cartoon*

So it's just basically 52 shorts? Kinda like Adventure Time and TTG? I don't know how to feel about this. At least the series will move fast.

A silhouette is simply an entirely black form of a design seen in art, eg: 429px-WALDST3.jpg A shadow is cast onto the ground in real life. shadow.jpg
Then why are they calling it silhouette when it is clearly a shadow?!

People have been spelling it through the entire topic I don't think it should be that much of a problem...
It is when you never heard or can pronounce the word.

Because a shadow can act as a silhouette.

Because it's still a silhouette. It's designed to give you an idea of the general design while hiding specific details. It's just a stylistic approach to silhouetting the characters

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when the Spyro series was relevant?

..the series which is pretty much dead because of some idiots who thought that redesign was great as well as whole series changing. I don't wanna see Sonic go the same way. Sure, Sonic 06 model had a bit too long spikes, SLoW model has a bit too short spikes but that was still more or less the same "modern Sonic". This one, however, looks like something too different.

Ok I just noticed that Knuckles has fingers. I...don't even know what to say if this is true. .__. And does it really look like Sonic is wearing a jacket? This really is the DKC cartoon all over again! T_T

• Thumbs Up 1

*Reads more about cartoon*

So it's just basically 52 shorts? Kinda like Adventure Time and TTG? I don't know how to feel about this. At least the series will move fast.

Well, the standard cartoon is 22 minutes, so an 11 minute short would be half a full episode. So that's actually, 104 shorts, provided they split it like that. Or they could go the Adventure time route where each half short would be the new episode while the reruns would be the full thing.

Wh-wha...

I honestly don't know what to think. The style seems really...off to me. Suppose I can't judge till I see the actual character designs...but Knuckles...why...?

• Thumbs Up 1

Are people actually worried that this cartoon is somehow going to impact the game series?

• Thumbs Up 8

Ok I just noticed that Knuckles has fingers.

He has always had fingers. They've just been hidden under his mittens. What's about this is so hard to understand?

Are people actually worried that this cartoon is somehow going to impact the game series?

Yes. Yes they are.

Edited by Dizcrybe

Sonic X got the voice cast to change, and did give Shadow a new power. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the standard cartoon is 22 minutes, so an 11 minute short would be half a full episode. So that's actually, 104 shorts, provided they split it like that. Or they could go the Adventure time route where each half short would be the new episode while the reruns would be the full thing.

It's 52 episodes of 11 minutes, or 21 episodes of 2 shorts.

He has always had fingers. They've just been hidden under his mittens. What's about this is so hard to understand?

Can you provide in-game evidence for that? tongue.png

Edited by Indigo Rush

Wh-wha...

I honestly don't know what to think. The style seems really...off to me. Suppose I can't judge till I see the actual character designs...but Knuckles...why...?

Because this is an attempt at promoting SEGA's upcoming steroid brand, obviously.

Edited by Dr. Homem
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yes. Yes they are.

Noooo I mean, you can visibly see his fingers! Like, he's wearing the same gloves as Sonic y'know. >>

It is when you never heard or can pronounce the word.

Copy and paste?

I'm curious to see how they define "action-packed comedy."  I'm hoping it means more along the lines of Sgt. Frog and less along the lines of AoSTH.  Not that the latter is bad, but it's not something that desperately needs to be recreated again.

I can see rouge getting in. Can't say the same about Silver and Blaze (especially Silver).

This is from a few pages back but, just for what it's worth, Silver pops up all the time in merchandise sets featuring multiple characters.  I got a gachapon keychain fob of him just the other day.  So I think SEGA, a small fanbase and the kids still like him plenty, he's just an awkward character to fit into storylines.

AoStH brought in Sonic liking chili dogs :U

Sonic X had the English voice cast replaced :U

Cartoon versions of other multimedia franchises have impacted later iteratons of it (e.g. Transformers Animated and it's G1-meets-Teen-Titans approach) :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's voice cast from Adventure to Heroes was dropped in favour of the Sonic X cast.

This is a massive change for the brand. It could be planned to move over into the games, and even if it isn't planned yet you can be sure as hell that it will if this becomes a success.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can you provide in-game evidence for that? tongue.png

Emphasize on in-game. Don't nobody pull that one pic from Archie or Sonic X screencap.