Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

He has always had fingers. They've just been hidden under his mittens. What's about this is so hard to understand?

Have they ever confirmed this? And regardless, the mitten-look has been cemented as part of his design regardless of what's under them.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Do I remember what happened to Spyro?

Yeah, he's currently the no.1 selling kid's game for last 3 years and is currently booming off Skylander's sales.

Funny how things turn out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll just wait to see more before I judge.

Yeah, he's currently the no.1 selling kid's game for last 3 years and is currently booming off Skylander's sales.

Good point. I remember people complained left and right about it, but kids loved it, and Activison made loads of cash off of it. Edited by Falco

...I think it's pretty safe to assume Knuckles has fingers under his gloves in the games, despite there not being """evidence""".

Seriously guys? Seriously?

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone is happy, except the pre-Skylanders fans.

Edited by Blue Blood

Because a shadow can act as a silhouette.
I learned new word today, but I am still going to call it shadow. :) Oh yeah I got fancy word for you "Defenestrate"! I am going to defenestrate anyone who says Silver should not be on cartoon! :)

AoStH brought in Sonic liking chili dogs :U

A minor fanservice nod...

Sonic X had the English voice cast replaced :U

Nothing that actually affected the games actual content like character portrayals,art style, etc

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

...I think it's pretty safe to assume Knuckles has fingers under his gloves in the games, despite there not being """evidence""".

You would think then that Sonic characters have toes under those shoes. Just because we never saw them didn't mean they didn't exist after all.

Then Tikal and Big came along.

• Thumbs Up 1

Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the point being discussed.

Except (as far as I'm aware) he's been sidelined in that game to the point where his name is the only thing relevant to the Spyro universe.  So yeah, the Skylanders series may have be taking off, but Spyro the character sure hasn't for a long time.

At least Spyro is still making head way despite what veteran fans think of the new direction the franchise has taken, it's more than can be said for poor ol' Crash Bandicoot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you provide in-game evidence for that? tongue.png

Tikal and Pror. Shade had individual fingers. I think it's fair to assume that this applies to all echidnas.

• Thumbs Up 1

So those idiots it was a great idea to make Knuckles even more buff by making him look like he's on steroids but removed his gloves and made fingers.

One of the most recognizeable things about Knuckles were his gloves - they are pretty much the reason why he has that name - KNUCKLES.

This is soooo stupid...

AoStH brought in Sonic liking chili dogs :U

Sonic X had the English voice cast replaced :U

Cartoon versions of other multimedia franchises have impacted later iteratons of it (e.g. Transformers Animated and it's G1-meets-Teen-Titans approach) :U

Still, It's not like Sonic Boom is going to become game-canon no matter how popular it is, the characters might pick a mannerism or a power from this series,but it's going to have to fit with what already exists, and it's not like those designs are going to end up in the games.

Edited by Amomynous

You would think then that Sonic characters have toes under those shoes. Just because we never saw them didn't mean they didn't exist after all.

Then Tikal and Big came along.

Well, yes, but because of that most assume none of the Sonic anthros have toes, even when it isn't confirmed. However, every anthro other than Knuckles definitely has fingers, unless I'm forgetting someone.

Nothing that actually affected the games actual content like character portrayals,art style, etc

Even if it didn't affect the games dramatically, it doesn't change the fact that it affected them at all.

A minor fanservice nod...

It gave shadow that inhibitor ring power. That's still taking an idea from the cartoon and implementing it into the games. 

Tikal and Pror. Shade had individual fingers. I think it's fair to assume that this applies to all echidnas.

But Tikal didn't have the spikes on her knuckles and simply had a different style of glove altogether.  I can't speak for the other characters you mentioned though.

Now that you mention it, though, all of the (presumably) male echidnas in Knuckles' tribe have those mitten-like gloves.  I wonder if that was just... a thing they did.

Edited by Akito

So those idiots it was a great idea to make Knuckles even more buff by making him look like he's on steroids but removed his gloves and made fingers.

One of the most recognizeable things about Knuckles were his gloves - they are pretty much the reason why he has that name - KNUCKLES.

This is soooo stupid...

No, he has that name because he has spikes on his knuckles, or else he'd be called Boxing Glove the Echidna.

This is soooo stupid...

10041321226_fdeabae8d6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

But one of his defining traits was his spiked boxing gloves.

The spikes are still there; just not as prominent.

Why, though? He's already got freaky mutant hands what with the knuckles, why assume everything else is the same?

fmern.png

Nevermind.

Separate finger bones don't necessarily prove separate fingers.

Tikal and Shade don't have big spiky knuckles.