Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Punk rock hair idiot from Bleach. He has this stupid eyepatch thing that supresses his badassness just like the stupid ring things.

But his power bracelet inhibitors make total sense... He is the ultimate life form after all, it would make complete sense to limit his powers as safety for even Shadow himself.

I think SEGA got the wrong idea about Shadow after SA2, that he must be an angsty power house badass to appeal to teens and a maturer audience because of him being dark, and edgy, but it doesn't help that every game shines a new light on what Shadow is meant to act like, deep and emotional past, cold and bitter but has moved on, tries to be the ultimate badass.

And now in recent games he's more of a laughable jock who's always flaunting how much better he is than everyone else, it's hard to pinpoint what a character should be if the creator's and writers can't keep consistency or even know what the character should be themselves.

Who said I was refering to knuckles?

You think giving Sonic fur is comparable to making Knuckles look like a bodybuilder

Are you fucking serious

I'm convinced you aren't actually reading my posts.

Edited by Dino2d.dll

Are you going to tell me Sonic's silouette in that picture is worse than this shit?

249898_3666103511578_527701971_n.jpg

If that was in silhouette, it would look pretty much identical to Sonic in the games. The silhouette of this one can't even claim that; and Knuckles' sure as hell can't.

Sonic X kept Knuckle's character the same, a hot headed arrogant son of a bitch who'd rather bash a few heads together than think logically about a situation, he was far from a stupid idiot though.

I can't off the top of my head think of a single time where Knuckles wasn't the voice of reason in Sonic X, but they treated him like an idiot anyway because lulz. This has since carried over to the games.

You said this earlier today:

Yes because all of Knuckle's recent portrayals have been so much better, let's stick to making him bad comedy relief with a forced humour point because "Lol he is so STUPID!!!! XDDD right guys!?!" let's throw him out of the spotlight because Sega don't know how to write him in anything but the guardian trope, and even then it was done poorly. So yeah I'm all for rewriting knuckle's modern day purpose if it means we get Mr fighting freak hot head himself as long as he's not tripping over his own feet because lul!!!! SEGA! XDD. Fuck.Off.

Where do you think Sega started doing that?

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont think thats knuckles. its thrash the tasmanian devil :D *bricked*

You think giving Sonic fur is comparable to making Knuckles look like a bodybuilder

Are you fucking serious

I'd argue that actually is comparable.  Giving Sonic fur ruins the entire aesthetic appeal to the character, in my opinion.  Sonic's design just does not lend well to photorealism.  Even the official "furry Sonic" models look terrible, but Lebron's is just... frightening.

But I mean, at least the general shape is mostly the same, which can't be said for the Knuckles in this picture.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, for an example of how the cartoon almost had an impact on the Sonic franchise. On this forum a few years back, I remember seeing and commenting on some concept for the Eggman redesign that basically looked like Satam Robotnik, game Eggman hybrid. With a robotic arm, and the long cape as well. 

You could probably argue that Scratch and Grounder also influenced the creation of Orbot and Cubot, or hell, Docoe and Bocoe influencing their creation. 

OH GOD, Knuckles! What have they Done! Your all buffed up. For a second this was going to be the third sonic until I saw T.v Series, I'm Totally curious how this will turn out! Please don't disappoint!

Ooh, I'm really excited! Finally another Sonic show!

Sonic's design seems to be the same as always, just with a few more small spikes in the back. 

Tails looks EXACTLY the same way as he always does.

I agree the design for Knuckles is a bit over the top, but honestly, it's only his shadow. Let's wait till we see the actual thing. I don't care about him being taller and bulkier...but why the fingers? I'll miss his boxing gloves. 

Amy also looks as she normally would, but it seems that she's not wearing a skirt/is wearing pants.

I agree with the poster who said it was stupid to change the design now because if they wanted to do that they should have started with Lost World. Oh well, I'm still excited. I wonder who else we'll see.

Actually I'd say it started with the Classics, since SEGA exploited Knuckle's naiveness when Eggman came to Angel Island and made Sonic seem to be the threat, when in actual fact he was setting Knuckles up to stall Sonic, so he could take the Master Emerald.

Just because Knuckle's made an honest mistake doesn't fucking mean it that being gullible/stupid should be his only exploit as a character, so he naturally became bad comic relief every game after gradually becoming the useless prop he is today.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm convinced you aren't actually reading my posts.

No

You're saying Eddie Lebron has no right to criticize Knuckles's redesign

And comparing it to a redesign of another character

That is nowhere near as offensive as the redesign he is complaining about

How does this even begin to make sense

CN= I'm going to wait on this, some of the ;icensed stuff is good, but all their own shows stink(kinda think it might have been better on DisneyXD)

CN= I'm going to wait on this, some of the ;icensed stuff is good, but all their own shows stink(kinda think it might have been better on DisneyXD)

The Regular Show/Adventure Time/Gumball Trifecta of Awesome alone begs to differ. CN's become a great channel again.

This topic needs to lighten up, so I give you this:

sonicboom_zps06757711.png

Ugh c'mon this is a ridiculous image.  It's a well established thing from Sonic X that Amy doesn't have a peach stomach like Sonic does.

Everything else seems about right, carry on.

• Thumbs Up 8

The Regular Show/Adventure Time/Gumball Trifecta of Awesome alone begs to differ. CN's become a great channel again.

those are prime examples of why its nasty and crude

2014 is still a ways to go. For all we know, those could be early designs and they could end up being changed by then.

So as a first impression you want a well established character to look like a yeti.

I'd argue against the notion of Adventure Time being good anymore, but yeah, Cartoon Network has started to take a turn for the better.

those are prime examples of why its nasty and crude

Like every show the ever made in the 90's/Early 2000's? Cow and Chicken and I am Weasle were far more crude than anything Cartoon Networ has put out since their turnaround.

Edited by Dino2d.dll
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd actually say that Gumball is the only one I'd argue with. I saw an episode of it in a hospital while recovering from surgery and eeeeeeeegh.

Finally, over twenty pages of comments to read >_<

Yes, I can see why everyone would be upset over Knuckles. He looks nothing like he should and I have a feeling they may try and turn him into a complete muscle bafoon stereotype. I would hope they wouldn't. I'm not into muscles at all, and if you are going to go overboard there and turn him into a muscled idiot, then you have pretty much ruined the character.

As for if Sonic wears a jacket, well, honestly I see nothing wrong there. He looks like someone that WOULD wear a jacket. I know that gives off the evil sonic vibe, since he wore one as well, but still. The idea of Sonic running around with a jacket or something on doesn't seem that odd to me.

Amy wearing pants just seems more like a lets not stereotype the girl and make her all girly girl or we will be picked on by femenist people. But you never know here. Also with Tails, just make sure you actually focus on him and not just throw him in the backgroun in favor of others and actually let him do some things.

Finally, I dont mind if you want to make them shorts and a comedy, but dear god dont let it be pinkie pie humor randomness. I DETEST pinkie pie randomness. She isn't funny AT ALL. She is myleast favorite character in that show for a reason, because the stuff she doesnt isn't funny at all. Just make sure you differentiate from funny and nonsense randomness.

• Thumbs Up 2

LOL. I remember people saying this was fake and that TSSZNews was pulling it out of their asses. Even with the fact it was accidentally leaked on a My Little Pony worker's bio.

Knuckles...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd think the hub would be a better channel but that's just me. I hope that sonic boom will have some comedy moments since CN hates everything that isn't a comedy these days

The main thing I'm worried about is that these redesigns are going to be their new designs in the games. If it's not then it doesn't bother me that much as long as it's stays separate and Sonic and his friends stays the way they are now. Also I'm happy that they're keeping the voice cast from the games instead of the other way around...

I hope that sonic boom will have some comedy moments since CN hates everything that isn't a comedy these days

It says in the press report this is a comedy. The second sentence, no less. xP

If Amy is really wearing pants then I welcome thi change, especially if it means the end of panty shots.

• Thumbs Up 3