Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Ok my serious thoughts now that I'm done joking. At first I thought Knuckles' new proportions were really weird, but I'm willing to let that slide if the show ends up being well made and legitimately funny, seeing as that is what their pitch is promising. Sonic with clothes, again weird but who knows we may end up liking it. Sonic with goggles would actually look kind of cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Sonic has fingernails now and Knuckles has fingers in this show....I don't know whether to like or hate this yet.

I really wanna know why they want to aim the show at 6-11 year olds? Like, I just want to know

Because Sonic is rated E...

for everyone

• Thumbs Up 4

I really wanna know why they want to aim the show at 6-11 year olds? Like, I just want to know

Because that's the demographic that the Sonic series has always been aimed at?

• Thumbs Up 6

That's the audience that the sonic series is for. 

It doesn't seem like it to me. Just saying

How so? Because when has Sonic ever aimed for adults?

Sonic had clothes in the OVA and people didn't complain much. In fact most of the hate on the OVA seems to stem from Sarah or whatever her name was. If he owned clothes he must have worn them right?

Sonic had clothes in the OVA and people didn't complain much. In fact most of the hate on the OVA seems to stem from Sarah or whatever her name was. If he owned clothes he must have worn them right?

Yeah, but that was only a partial segment compared to the 90% of the film where the characters all looked roughly liked their counterparts in the game.

How so? Because when has Sonic ever aimed for adults?

I didn't say he was aimed for adults either I thought he was aimed more at the 11-14 age more

• Thumbs Up 1

The designs are growing on me a bit now, but I don't want them as the game designs. Sonic looks okay, better than Lebronic at least, I just hope they don't do hyper realistic fur and quills.

Who wants to bet that this won't be canon to the games?

Edited by Wil348

Oh yeah, and he never even wore them. They basically gave Sonic clothes... just to give him clothes. Just like with Knuckles' hat.

Catching up, I'm sort of interested in what I've heard so far. I'm not a huge fan of buffles, but hey, they could have gone worse!

We'll see where this show goes.( I'm hoping I can at least see one episode before I leave for two years!)

Yeah, the 90s had some abysmal moments in its Sonic cartoons, particularly Underground and AoStH. I love playing "spot the coloring error" with those cartoons, since it happens all the time.

I think the third Nintendo-exclusive game is going to be based on this cartoon, especially if the third game is launching in October, which is looking more likely as we get closer to 2014 and the usual spring announcement of a new Sonic game.

Excuse me as I pray that this doesn't happen and Knuckles's new design returns from the horrible dimension it came from.

There's always the possibility they could tie in in some manner... but we'll have to wait and see. I'm just hopeful that this promo was just botched in some way rather than Knuckles genuinely being that massive compared to everyone else. It just looks out of place.

Knuckles doesn't need to just be strong, but he needs to be agile given his gliding and digging and stuff. A wider torso is fine, but being that monstrously large is far too much.

Who wants to bet that this won't be canon to the games?

Well that's practically guaranteed. But since SEGA has a habit of trying to give the various continuities some common design features, it makes one wonder what, if anything, will be shared by the cartoon and game.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I liked Knuckles hat haha. Enemies new and some fans will recognize. Been thinking about it more. And what with the busting robots description, and his prominence in material recently. What's the chances of Metal Sonic showing up as a recurring baddie.

Hmm I wonder what the robot designs would look like with this style...or Metal's for that matter.

Sonic X got the voice cast to change, and did give Shadow a new power. 

The classic US cartoons also gave Sonic his love for chili dogs in games like Sonic Advance 3, SatBK, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Generations, except that was actually a good change that gave Sonic a little more character.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm actually really curious to see what Robotnik will look like now...

Though I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking since these are short episodes that are liable to be more focused on gags than any story development, just as it says on the tin. Ah well!

Maybe the paper-thin plot, if the humor is good, will really help draw people in, and convince them to explore the fandom.

I think it's useless to continue discussing, there is nothing we can do
Just hope that this series does not affect the games and end quickly.
also, I'm disappointed, of Iizuka for allowing such crap.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I liked how SatAM gave the rings a purpose, they powered him up. In the games they just give you higher score and protect you from a hit. Was a better explanation of how they are used or why they disappear when he collects them.

Better than say, storing them in his nose and he's allergic to the baddies, so when he touches them he sneezes the rings out. Or whatever happens in the games.

also, I'm disappointed, of Iizuka for allowing such crap.

Besides the redesigns we still haven't seen what it actually looks like.

"Takashi Iizuka, the head of Sonic Team and driving creative force behind the Sonic games, is overseeing the series to ensure that it’s true to the Sonic characters and universe."

He sure as hell hasn't been doing a good job with that so far, then.

• Thumbs Up 5

He sure as hell hasn't been doing a good job with that so far, then.

Unless...

...he has plans to change what the series will be in 2014?

They did say it was a big year for Sonic, didn't they? As Jack Skellington would say, what does it mean, what does it mean?!

The silhouette makes it look like Sonic is wearing a jacket.

In the words of Sherlock Holmes "you wear a jacket"

I wonder if they will include the Chaos Emeralds or other Sonic fare.

Edited by Tenko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unless...

...he has plans to change what the series will be in 2014?

They did say it was a big year for Sonic, didn't they? As Jack Skellington would say, what does it mean, what does it mean?!

If they change the character designs to look like those, then they better have some damn good gameplay to back it up. All I'm saying

In the words of Sherlock Holmes "you wear a jacket"

I wonder if they will include the Chaos Emeralds or other Sonic fare.

If they do, I wouldn't expect them to be of much importance, given the short duration.

Basically, I'm imagining this will be like Aqua Teen Hunger Force but with Sonic characters, when I try to picture the duration. Plots are likely to be 90% self-contained, with occasional two parters or recurring characters.

So I've finally caught up on this thread.

Firstly, I think that Tails is the only silhouette that looks spot-on. Sonic and Amy look fine though. Like everyone else I cannot fathom just what the fuck they were thinking with Knuckles. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get used to it eventually if it is a redesign; he may actually look not half-bad. All we've seen so far is that he is taller and considerably more muscular. Buffles may end up looking less stupid than we think.

Also, I noticed that some have been referencing the TSSZ rumour of a 2014 Sonic reboot/radical new direction. While this may or may not be a new direction, I think we can safely say that even if it is, it's purely coincidental as TSSZ probably pulled the whole thing out of their ass in the first place. If it turns out they were accidentally right, it means nothing and doesn't make any other part of said rumour more likely to be true.

Edited by Frogging101