Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

I traced over the shadows and tried to make them look as close as possible to their game counterparts:

anim_0e07af1e-fcd2-7c14-556a-7e90c109f12

Yeah, I can't draw Knuckles' head at all...

I took a crack at myself, but interpreted the shoulder bumps as some form of clothing.  So uh yeah,  Sanic rescue squad goooo!

ScreenShot2013-10-02at33933PM_zpsda36313

• Thumbs Up 8

I can't help but think that these are not actually Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. Now hear me out. They all have differences from their game counterparts ranging from minor to major.

Tails' tails seem smaller or possibly 1 tail instead of 2. Chances are thats just what it looks like from just the shadow though.

Amy looks like she is wearing something new entirely that is not her usual outfit. Ever since the Adventure games she has had the same outfit in the main games, so I would consider a change in clothes a notable change.

Sonic has more quills sticking out, like the fan film had. And he looks like he is wearing something like a jacket or something. Sonic's primary appearance is wearing no clothes except gloves and sneakers. Giving him clothes now is really random.

Steroids the Echinda speaks for itself.

Point is that maybe, whatever the plot may be, it has characters that look like them or they are from an alternate universe or something. These changes are too out of left field and drastic for me to believe that this is the new look they are getting for the series. Especially when Iizuka is apparently making sure the series stays true to the current universe. They could be just doing what they did before they revealed the Deadly Six when all we had was their silhouettes and the tagline was whether they were friend or foe. Maybe they want to keep it a mystery and let the fans speculate. Or outrage in this case. 

............Or I could be dead wrong (probably) and this is the look we are getting as time progresses. Considering Knuckles hasn't been shown off in Lost World yet and that he hasn't been seen in the Archie Comics after the Worlds Collide crossover, this could be a possibility, or at least in Knuckles' case. 

Edited by Streaksyd
  • Thumbs Up 1

knuckles

HAS

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS

Edited by Wonder Sloth

I want to say this:

I actually like Knuckle's redesign if what Radrappy drawn is accurate. I always thought to myself that Knuckle kinda suffered from the same effects as Shadow, which is the Sonic clone syndrome. Not as bad, as he has certain exclusive traits like the wall climbing, but after three characters who were similar in size (Sonic, Amy, Tails) and considering Knuckle's backstory as the protector of the Chaos Emerald, he wasn't that interesting. Big and the Chaotix were much more interesting design wise than Knuckles was.

So to redesign Knuckle to be quite big and strong, and it's a bit of a tribute to certain cartoon characters of traditional tribes of ancient civilisation lore. The tall, muscular and stoic character. The guardian you don't want to mess with. 

Knuckles actually looks like a guardian for once. I like that. I'm for the redesign. 

I took a crack at myself, but interpreted the shoulder bumps as some form of clothing.  So uh yeah,  Sanic rescue squad goooo!

ScreenShot2013-10-02at33933PM_zpsda36313

Nice work! Really digging Knuckles design here, just the orange vests are pretty bleh, but I can see what you were going for!

I'd imagine this being set in the future

Edit: when they said "CG", did they meant "CGI" if not, whats the difference between CG and CGI

Edited by jordine

Amy looks like she is wearing something new entirely that is not her usual outfit. Ever since the Adventure games she has had the same outfit in the main games, so I would consider a change in clothes a notable change.

nydn.png

Honestly Amy changes outfits so often outside the main games she's prolly the least offensive to get new threads.  I'm really curious what they came up with.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's funny, other places that are not Sonic-orientated seem to take very little care when it comes to the actual silhouettes and are more concerned as to whether this would bring Sonic back into the market or not. Shouldn't there be at least some care as to whether Sonic will bring in new fans or not rather than what it looks like? Sonic X was seen as pretty bad by Sonic fans but you cannot say you haven't found one Sonic fan who says they didn't find Sonic through Sonic X or it's comic.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's funny, other places that are not Sonic-orientated seem to take very little care when it comes to the actual silhouettes and are more concerned as to whether this would bring Sonic back into the market or not. Shouldn't there be at least some care as to whether Sonic will bring in new fans or not rather than what it looks like? Sonic X was seen as pretty bad by Sonic fans but you cannot say you haven't found one Sonic fan who says they didn't find Sonic through Sonic X or it's comic.

Its really a case of demographics; casual fans take it in stride, but we're hardcore fans and we take any change a lot more harshly. Tru fax.

• Thumbs Up 1

Edit: when they said "CG", did they meant "CGI" if not, whats the difference between CG and CGI

CG = "computer generated," and CGI = "computer generated imagery." Very little different between the two. xP

Ya know what, say what you want about the design but I'm glad Knuckles is actually one of the protagonists again. How fucking long has it been since I could say that with confidence.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_inline_mu2j1unagd1r0edd9.png

This looks slightly more believable, this is how I seen them myself personally besides Amy having a frill skirt and Tails wearing a tool belt.

Knuckles lookin kinda sexy...dat buff.

I, for one, would love to see Big the Cat show up. Just to see how they'd make him look "hip and edgy". Like this, maybe?

Big_the_Badass_by_Dillo64.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I can see rouge getting in. Can't say the same about Silver and Blaze (especially Silver).

Oh jeez

If they buffed Knuckles up so much I do NOT want to be there when Rouge is revealed.

Honestly, I don't think Rouge will be in it before Silver. Silver has made more recent appearances than Rouge.  I am glad, if Rouge is in it, that it is a 6-11 year old show!!!!

But ...I am still mourning over Knuckles...  :*(

I pray so hard that this is not a new design for him! PLEASE NOOOOO!

tumblr_inline_mu2j1unagd1r0edd9.png

This looks slightly more believable, this is how I seen them myself personally besides Amy having a frill skirt and Tails wearing a tool belt.

Tails looks like pinnochio....

Knuckles seems to be cursed - it's almost impossible for anyone outside of SOJ to draw him properly. This was an official artowrk done for a European magazine. He has looked worse...

knuxzv6.png