Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Well it does at least address the double standard of why the girls have to wear clothes and why the boss get to be freeeee

I'd rather not get into that topic, myself, since that just opens a massive can o' worms. But if thats the answer then.. eh. Seems like a cop-out answer to make the designs more complex than they have to be.

Tails wearing goggles or a pilot cap would be pretty nice though. Head accessories seem much less invasive than actual clothing since they're so easy to just have in one scene and not have in the next.

Edited by Azookara

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that Ken & Warren don't have any involvement in this

Colors' writing was hardly of a high standard, but Lost World's seems top notch

I'd rather not get into that topic, myself, since that just opens a massive can o' worms. But if thats the answer then.. eh. Seems like a cop-out answer to make the designs more complex than they have to be.

Meh, I don't really think its that complex really...its a vest. Charmy wears a vest and it doesn't make him look that out of place.

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that Ken & Warren don't have any involvement in this

I'll be surprised if they aren't writing this considering they actually have worked on Western Animation in the past.

Colors' writing seemed of a particularly high standard when we only had a cut scene to go off of too. But regardless, I'm apathetic to them not being attached. They're not the only western comedic cartoon comic writers, after all; nor even the most notable ones.

I'd love for them to be on the team of writers, at least. Aside from the overuse of jokes in Colours I think the dialogue they write is pretty great, so that'd be a nice influence on this series.

RE: the jacket, if it is in fact a jacket or a vest and not something else, I don't really see the big deal? I just hope it's like the image Akito posted on the last page, especially it being red since it fits with Sonic's colour scheme.

I can understand being thrown off by Knuckles, tho', as much as I don't mind his redesign...so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

We know the name of one writer who's contributing, thanks a to a leak some months ago. Don't see why that or yesterdays PR should mean that Ken and Warren aren't involved.

Well 40 pages. I read all of them and i haven't posted once....

I will say this. I am looking forward to it really. Its been a while i liked the previous cartoons to an extend.(depends on some stuff)

Well other than that i don't have anything to say really...I mean i am completely expecting nothing to get anything. I don't know how its gonna be and i haven't watched cartoons in a long while.

ALSO...i am so gonna laugh if Knuckles is just standing closer to the wall! xDxDxDxD

Edited by frokenok3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I don't really think its that complex really...its a vest. Charmy wears a vest and it doesn't make him look that out of place.

Still though, just adding a piece of clothing to an iconically simplistic character seems a bit.. much? It's different from Charmy since he got a jacket-vest in his literal second appearance, while Sonic's been established to look a certain way for well over 2 decades.

That said, it wouldn't be as bad if it was something like a pilot's jacket, and wasn't worn at all times. I'd hope that's what it would be.

Still though, just adding a piece of clothing to an iconically simplistic character seems a bit.. much?

Everything about this show just screams "a bit much".

• Thumbs Up 6

Actually, the concept of them all wearing clothes makes me think of this:

SpaceFighters.jpg

Minus the lame helmets, I'd totally be down with them all having battle amour or somethin'. Battle Armor is sexy...

Edit:

Can I get the source for this? It's really cool and I'd like to support the artist.

tumblr_inline_mu2j1unagd1r0edd9.png

Edited by -Orinoco Womble-

ALSO...i am so gonna laugh if Knuckles is just standing closer to the wall! xDxDxDxD

That's what I'm desperately hoping for, but chances are that won't be the case.

Tails wearing goggles or a pilot cap would be pretty nice though. Head accessories seem much less invasive than actual clothing since they're so easy to just have in one scene and not have in the next.

That's probably why I didn't mind them in Sonic Riders.  Plus, they were pretty well-designed, in my opinion.  Sleek and fashionable, while also appearing practical.  I wouldn't mind if any of the characters shared similarities with the Riders artwork.  But full wardrobes seem to be a bit much.

Actually, the concept of them all wearing clothes makes me think of this:

SpaceFighters.jpg

Minus the lame helmets, I'd totally be down with them all having battle amour or somethin'. Battle Armor is sexy...

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... not big on those, personally, but those are at least context-sensitive.

Edited by Akito

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... not big on those, personally, but those are at least context-sensitive.

Okay, How about METAL FORCE instead? (Same line recoloured, minus the helmets)

MetalForceBox.jpg

Its....the same thing? I seriously don't see a difference between the 2 sets. ._.

Edited by goku262002

Super Sonic Sentai?

Look, I'm all for cheesy 80s sci-fi anime shenanigans, but there's a place for that, and I don't think Sonic is the place. :v

Okay, How about METAL FORCE instead? (Same line recoloured, minus the helmets)

MetalForceBox.jpg

Sorry, not really changing my mind.  But... I mean, in the appropriate context, it's tolerable.  As a normal thing, it's not.

The thing you guys gotta remember, these things are toys. Without sounding too patronizing, I bet kids love 'em. I mean, Sonic in robot battle-armor with a chaos emerald staff? I'd just lap that stuff up. But then, I have robot fetish.

EDIT:

So how many episodes of this do you think will run before fans of it start demanding Super Sonic appears?

One.

So how many episodes of this do you think will run before fans of it start demanding Super Sonic appears?

original.png

I'd rather he didn't. Does make me wonder what'll become of other characters if they appear. We've got the main for, but I wouldn't count out others also making appearances.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am quite happy that we're finally getting another animated series. Like that fact that there's a possibility that the majority of the current voice actors will voice their characters.

I won't judge the characters' designs until I see their actual designs. Knuckles being so top-heavy does seem a bit strange, but I'd like to see his actual design before I can make a good judgment.

Edited by Steffie
  • Thumbs Up 2

Zero, people will already be demanding Hyper Sonic.

I took a crack at myself, but interpreted the shoulder bumps as some form of clothing.  So uh yeah,  Sanic rescue squad goooo!

ScreenShot2013-10-02at33933PM_zpsda36313

I just want to say that this is great! If the characters were close to this, I honestly wouldn't mind

original.png

I'd rather he didn't. Does make me wonder what'll become of other characters if they appear. We've got the main for, but I wouldn't count out others also making appearances.

To be fair, Super Sonic in Sonic the Comic strayed pretty massively from the game canon but I think it was interesting enough.

I'm prolly being childhood-biased though coz as a kid you don't care about those kind of inconsistencies.

I guess as well STC was based off the wordless games - a player COULD interpret Super Sonic to be an out of control maniac if they wanted to.  Now there is no question due to the modern game's more cinematic qualities, that Super Sonic is the exact same Sonic we know and love, just powered up.  I was even surprised when I caught up with the series and played SA2 that they didn't give him some kind of EPIC VOIIIICE when Super-powered.

Edited by JezMM

I like how almost everybody has imagined Sonic in an 80's/Back to the future Marty McFly style jacket.

"HEY McSWANIK!"

• Thumbs Up 3

I like how almost everybody has imagined Sonic in an 80's/Back to the future Marty McFly style jacket.

"HEY McSWANIK!"

Haha yes I was talking to peeps on IM about having that very thought.

Where we're going, we don't need Shuttle Loops.

I took a crack at myself, but interpreted the shoulder bumps as some form of clothing.  So uh yeah,  Sanic rescue squad goooo!

ScreenShot2013-10-02at33933PM_zpsda36313

The orange makes me think of life jackets, the palm trees make me think of an island.

So Sonic and friends get trapped on a deserted island after going out boating one day...

2k6iOI6.png

GG.

• Thumbs Up 1