Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

I hope that when this is shown in England, they put in on CBBC or CITV, not POP or KIX or CN. Everyone in England gets CBBC and CITV, not everyone has the other channels

Edited by MatthewMotoBug

As someone who practically grew up with the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, I'm pretty excited to see a new comedy based series is in the works.

I just walked into this topic thinking it was a fan-project for some reason...

Then I saw Knuckles and I laughed! OMG WTF did they do?! How could they let that go by?

Ah well, I wanna see what Amy's dressed in.

The plot is obviously about Sonic McHedgehog meeting up with his old buddy Doc Tails (and his dog, Eggman), as Sonic goes to the past while GUN chases Doc Tails down for stealing whatever from the whatever. Meanwhile, as he goes back to 1950s Station Square, he has to make sure his mom, Amy, still gets together with his father Chris Thorndike.

The second season will be about Knuckles finding a video game almanac that helps him win the Chao Races and thus creating an alternate future built on the demise of the McHedgehogs. Special tie in to the Sonic Riders series happens during this arc, I'm pretty sure. Don't mind me, just reading the scripts. :v

• Thumbs Up 8

I really want to see how this goes. I'll be surprised if it manages to beat Sonic X in the storytelling department.

• Thumbs Up 2

I get the feeling Knuckles, if he is that big, actually won't be wearing gloves. The pic with vs the pic without, taking into consideration his size and the outline, the one without the gloves looks better to be honest.

The plot is obviously about Sonic McHedgehog meeting up with his old buddy Doc Tails (and his dog, Eggman), as Sonic goes to the past while GUN chases Doc Tails down for stealing whatever from the whatever. Meanwhile, as he goes back to 1950s Station Square, he has to make sure his mom, Amy, still gets together with his father Chris Thorndike.

The second season will be about Knuckles finding a video game almanac that helps him win the Chao Races and thus creating an alternate future built on the demise of the McHedgehogs. Special tie in to the Sonic Riders series happens during this arc, I'm pretty sure. Don't mind me, just reading the scripts. :v

So does Sonic go through time when he reaches 768Mph, and do his shoes run on Ringawats?

So does Sonic go through time when he reaches 768Mph, and do his shoes run on Ringawats?

No no no, no running involved.. sort of. Doc Tails built the Tornado into the shape of a DeLorean. Half the energy comes from random disposable garbage (you know, like flickies or Silver or something) and the other half comes from pushing it around with your feet Flintstones-style.

...Whatever integrity this series was going to have, I killed it. Good job, me.

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 1

original.png

I'd rather he didn't. Does make me wonder what'll become of other characters if they appear. We've got the main for, but I wouldn't count out others also making appearances.

Relating to the actual artwork, I'd love it if the Sonic series was done by Tyson Hesse, the guy who did that comic in the first place.

He's quite the animator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6GEEi67atc

Didn't somebody animate that Sonic comic? I can never remember where to find it D:

Regardless yeah, Tyson's a great artist. Boxer Hockey is one of my favourite webcomics (shame it updates so infrequently tho :<)

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Didn't somebody animate that Sonic comic? I can never remember where to find it D:

Regardless yeah, Tyson's a great artist. Boxer Hockey is one of my favourite webcomics (shame it updates so infrequently tho :<)

Someone...sort of animated it...? Sort of, as in moving illustrations but not true animation.

Me too, it's been forever since he updated it and the page is on a right cliffhanger right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe Knuckles isn't muscular? Maybe he's just got long hair?

pxb9dkK.png

Is there a larger version of the teaser pic floating around? I can't seem to find it.

• Thumbs Up 9

Once again, I am late to the party...please forgive me if I am repeating what others in this thread have said as I went to the main TSS page for info instead of going through all of the existing 41 pages and 820+ replies to this topic but I would like to give my take on the show, if I may.

I am actually excited that we're finally getting another Sonic cartoon! Seems like forever since Sonic X went off the air and years later we get news of a new Sonic cartoon in the works!  I'm happy about the possibility that majority of the current voice actors will provide the voice acting for their characters within the Sonic series. Mike Pollock better be voicing Dr. Eggman or I will not be happy.

I admit I the silhouettes caught me off guard, especially that of Knuckles. I won't judge the characters' designs until I see their actual designs as the silhouettes can tell us but so much about what Sonic and the gang actually look like. I'm not fond of Knuckles appearing to be being muscular (I think Sonic, Tails and Amy look fine and I hope there are no drastic changes among them), I'm not fond of that look at all for him if that is the case. I would like to see his actual design before I can make an actual judgment on it. Still I am not happy that Knuckles here doesn't appear to be the same Knuckles we have come to know and love by means of his appearance. Looking at some of the pages in this thread, some of the members' take on Knuckles' appearance look really good and made me feel better about the matter.

So aside from my worries of the designs of the characters, I am still excited about Sonic Boom coming out next year, yet at the same time I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm looking forward to seeing how the writing will be and seeing how much I can get out of each 11-minute episode with the comedy and hopefully some characterization with the characters. I also look forward to discovering references to the games and hope to see some familiar faces as well among the episodes. So overall I am excited for the most part, and looking forward to seeing how this all comes about. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmmm...it's not as bad as the fact that people are pointing out that he has fingers when he ISN'T WEARING GLOVES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The whole muscular thing could easily be that he could easily be older in this, hence looking more like one of the soldiers from the past. Still sad that he doesn't look like he can glide since that's what I remember about Knuckles in terms of abilities from my childhood.

It'd be funny if the shadows were simply showing off their personifications which I can definitely see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been watching this topic since page 9, so I figured it's finally time to join in xD

Anyway, personally, I'm excited! I never got to see the other cartoons when they were new, so I'm excited that this will be the first time I get to watch a new Sonic cartoon! (I know, I'm weird, but I am excited).

As for the character designs, I'm going to wait to judge because I want to see what they look like. It's kind hard for me to form an opinion based off of a bunch of shadows. But, I do like the detail of the scenery ^_^ And, I guess it is a bit weird to see Knuckles look... different. But others have suggested, maybe he's standing at a different point than the others, making him look taller? That's what I'm thinking, but I'll wait 'til there's more info to judge.

The fact that it's a comedy doesn't bother me. I liked the comedy in Sonic Colors. It was kind of cute! Plus, the age range doesn't bother me either. Couple of my favorite TV shows are kids cartoons. Although, if Sonic Boom is something like that new Pac Man show, yeah, I'll have a problem. Can't stand that show dry.png

Overall though, I'm really excited, but I'd like more info on the show before I have a definite opinion on the show.

I don't know whether to laugh or find this terrifying...so I'm just doing both.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope Knuckles isn't too stupid in this show...

I think we all know how this is going to end up

I think we all know how this is going to end up
Yeah, we know. Knuckles will finally get his PhD in Archaeological Studies for his work on the side while Sonic was busy hyucking it up with Tails and saving the world. ... is what WOULD happen if this was in my dream, of course. :(
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, we know. Knuckles will finally get his PhD in Archaeological Studies for his work on the side while Sonic was busy hyucking it up with Tails and saving the world. ... is what WOULD happen if this was in my dream, of course. sad.png

That's one thing I think you can be pretty sure this series won't have- character back stories. They're practically completely forgotten in the games now, but there's no way they'll remember that Knuckles is supposed to be the guardian of the Master Emerald on Angel Island. And Shadow, should he ever show up, will most likely be a just be a rival/nemesis to Sonic with no mention of any of his story from the games. Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

If the standard fifteen minute show is anything to go by... yeah, there will be absolutely no backstory here. Episodes will most likely be self-contained barring a handful, and I doubt even then the continuity will be that strong.

Now, there's always the chance of a movie being made based off the cartoon (this happens a LOT)... and that? That's where you'd probably get some backstory.

You know, it knight not actually be that Knux is muscular, but has long dreadlocks. Im totally serious. The whole triangle upper torso might not be a triangle upper torso at all, it could just be his dreadlocks. I think it might be a good idea to wait until we see what the characters actually look like. After all, remember the Deadly Six silhouettes? Yeah, me too. Not Bowser, Waluigi, Slumpy, etc. I don't think they'll depart from the game designs too much. As for Sonic, I don't think he has more spines, it could just be the the position he's standing in. As for the vest theories, remember that Sonic gas spines coming out of his back too, that could very well be them. And I'm all for a slightly enlarged torso too. I can actually spot Amy's dress, again, it's just perspective. I think of it as her hands are behind her back and her dress' shadow has merged with her hands' shadow. Tails looks the same.