Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

She acts like that all the time though. She's either a troll or really obsessed with Knuckles.

That's a pretty harsh suggestion there friend.

No. Werechidna makes no sense to begin with (Werechidna- Man Echidna, which is basically what Knuckles is anyway)

This is one of those "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" situations, isn't it.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I actually really like that hypothetical Knuckles; not as much as his usual design, but I could probably live with something like that. It's a lot nicer than a lot of the other possibilities because he's at least rounded off in a way that sort of fits in with everyone else's noodle arms. He's just beefier, kind of like a slimmer Storm.

What'd actually bother me is if he were unnecessarily toned in a Penders-y kind of way that made him look totally unlike everyone else. That's still kind of what I'm seeing from the silhouette, but I hope I'm wrong.

...Anyway, I found another one of these silhouette prediction things.

130bf3ae4bde3b225a07921e4905189e-d6p14f7

Source: http://fav.me/d6p14f7

Not too bad, I really like Amy's design.

I like these. I could actually get used to these designs. The clothing actually looks kind of nice, even though we still don't know if they will be wearing different clothes in the first place.

Edited by Person

I guess the reason I think it'd look dumb is because, compared to characters like Cream or Amy or Charmy who already had clothing for so long and its just a norm of their design, Sonic just looks weird wearing clothing whenever he's spent the last 20 years not wearing them.

And yeah I know that seems like a dumb reason, but its also that I just like the simplicity of Sonic's design enough that I think that an extra piece of clothing that's not just something he wears every now and then (like his goofy OVA clothes could've been, for example) just seems like a bit too much.

Well excuse me for being blunt, but I find that to be oversensitive to something like a jacket (or even a solid shirt and a pair of pants/shorts as far as clothes go) being worn regardless of whatever the norm is when aside from that one detail (and the spikier look of his design) he still holds resemblance to his general silhouette. It's nothing like their changes to Knuckles where they made him buff to the point he looks so flat out different from his usual design that it comes off as jarring and might as well be considered a total remake of the character.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm stating to feel like I'm the only one here who still feels somewhat nuetral about these silhouettes/design changes. Though, all this talk makes me really want to see what Knuckles looks like and if Sonic is indeed wearing a jacket...

• Thumbs Up 1

I never really minded Buffles that much honestly, mainly because I kinda like the idea of him being visually distinct body wise to the rest of the cast.

He already was distinct enough. His physical aptitude was always accentuated by his chest being much broader and larger than Sonic's as well as being 10cm taller. Now these two traits have been emphasized to the point where he looks like your stereotypical moronic muscle head.

I've said it before but he looks like Tiny Tiger from the Crash Bandicoot series.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the one good thing so far about this show if the designs stay like this is that it'll make me watch TV more...

If this wants a second season, it needs a lot of merchandise sales. Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series were cancelled because of this. Young Justice's toy line was over before the second season started(there was little to no advertising, and they were of poor quality,), and GLTAS's toylike never launched due to the flop of the Ryan Reynolds movie. Meanwhile shows like Ben 10, Adventure Time,and the regular show, make tons of money off merchandise, thus they keep going. If Sonic Boom wants to be successfully on CN, it needs to sell a lot of merchandise.

Great to see another animated show, will be interesting to see who picks it up outside of the US, especially in the UK. Would CN take it over here as well or would they go for CBBC,CITV,Nick,Disney XD etc we shall wait and see in the next 12-18 months

If this wants a second season, it needs a lot of merchandise sales. Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated Series were cancelled because of this. Young Justice's toy line was over before the second season started(there was little to no advertising, and they were of poor quality,), and GLTAS's toylike never launched due to the flop of the Ryan Reynolds movie. Meanwhile shows like Ben 10, Adventure Time,and the regular show, make tons of money off merchandise, thus they keep going. If Sonic Boom wants to be successfully on CN, it needs to sell a lot of merchandise.

This shouldn't be a problem since Sonic's action figures are pretty successful. Even if it wasn't I'm sure the show would still go on due to the fact that Sonic is already a massively successful gaming franchise.

I'm guessing places that have a local Cartoon Network will only have it air on there. At least at first. Here in New Zealand most cartoons are only on Cartoon Network now. Once the shows or new episodes get old then they end up on the normal unpaid TV channels. As luck would have it the base cheap pay TV package which includes Cartoon Network is in a large percentage of households these days. So I would say it will get a reasonable audience.

I'd be for that, I'm still waiting to see their designs properly but I don't see any reason these wouldn't make cool toys. I'm excited to see Eggman's design, more eggman toys are what the world needs :)

At the very least, we'll have a new slew of stock art to decorate every household object with.

Hah, I was one of the few who had a feeling TSSZ wasn't spouting their usual BS when this rumor first made the rounds.

As for this, I think I need to see more material before making a proper judgement. At this point I don't really know how this will turn out. I'm not even weary about the show itself than I am about the new sect of Sonic fans it will create. The Sonic fanbase as it currently is is already notoriously splintered into several warring factions thanks to the Western game canon as well as the Western 90s cartoons and Archie comics, whose canons were/are considerably different from that of the Japanese game canon. And if these considerably altered designs are anything to go by, it seems that history will repeat again for a new decade. :I

I will admit, Knuckles's design is rather off-putting.

I'll see if I can do my own take on these silhouettes like some of you guys are doing wink.png

EDIT: Oops, double post.

Edited by Yeow

601590_545106222226358_730767965_n.jpg

it all makes sense now

beefy knuckles and mighty's disappearance

Haha, lol

Yes it does, yes it does...

I was about to post that... tongue.png

Well, that explains where Mighty's been, and how Knuckles got the way he is.

I'm not even weary about the show itself than I am about the new sect of Sonic fans it will create. The Sonic fanbase as it currently is is already notoriously splintered into several warring factions thanks to the Western game canon as well as the Western 90s cartoons and Archie comics, whose canons were/are considerably different from that of the Japanese game canon.

To be honest this was a concern of mine as well. The Sonic multiverse is impressive in the longevity of its components, but it really leads to some harsh division. Provided people can understand that anything not in the games is non-canon, there won't be issues, fortunately. For an example, while I sometimes use Archie's explanations to fill in blanks in the game (i.e. say, on Shadow's anatomy and abilities), I understand it's not canon and simply use it in absence of Word of God on the matter.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Great to see another animated show, will be interesting to see who picks it up outside of the US, especially in the UK. Would CN take it over here as well or would they go for CBBC,CITV,Nick,Disney XD etc we shall wait and see in the next 12-18 months
I think it would get a lot more publicity on CBBC or Disney XD. Either of those would be perfect.

I'm going to be the odd ball here and say that I'm really excited to see more of Knuckles' new redesign. I love it when an artist (or studio) tries something a little different with characters from preexisting franchises. Granted, they may not all be great. In fact, I've seen some that are down right terrible. But I always admire the fact they're willing to try something different.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Anyway, I found another one of these silhouette prediction things. 130bf3ae4bde3b225a07921e4905189e-d6p14f7 Source: http://fav.me/d6p14f7   Not too bad, I really like Amy's design.
Remove his jacket and make his head shape more accurate to the Unleashed model (Though with keeping all the extra quills) and you've got my dream idea for what Sonic should look like for me. I've always wanted him to be spikier and have the SOAP Shoes.
  • Thumbs Up 2

So at least they didn't beef up Sonic's legs you know, because he's a runner. We should beef up all of the characters, so we know what they're good at. Tails will have really beefy tails for flying, and Amy will have a really beefy uh... heart.