Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Does the mention of new foes excite people?

Not me, unless those new foes are retooled old ones. Otherwise, they'll really have to impress me.

Can I get a breakdown of all the people and crews/depts. working on this show and what their previous works were?

I wonder what sort of role, if any, SEGA's musical team would have with this show? I'd assume the composer would be from the company that's animating it but you never know if they'd have Jun Sunoue (or other sound director) supervise or something.

As for new villains, I hope they have at least one or two who will become distinctive for the series. We don't need more heroes by a long shot, but new villains is something this franchise could use. It'd keep things fresh to have more than one antagonist.

While for younger audiences, I hope the villains aren't complete assclowns either. I'd like them to not be ridiculous.

It'll probably be a remix of the orginal Sonic theme with maybe some vocals. I'm sure it'll be chiptune.

If this is gonna be on CN we are only going to hear it once followed by them cutting it out for a 8 second variant they will use for the rest of the series.

Well, if the show is called SONIC BOOM and you want to sing it at SONIC BOOM, then I guess the logical choice for a theme song is...

Lazy Days- Living In Paradise

I was honestly expecting you to say Toot Toot Sonic Warrior

11 minutes seem short, but you're actually watching 22 minutes worth of episodes, since Cartoon Network along with many other networks always shows 2 episodes per show block, one right after the other.

Edited by GuywithPie

The intro will barely exist. Knowing the modern CN show, the intro's going to be 20 or 10 seconds long. Just enough to get a short chiptune or something.

Mind if I chip in with cartoons that work in this format?

The Garfield Show.

Eleven minute episodes featuring single set stories, with recurring characters across the series and some continuity when those characters meet again down the line. And there is one four-parter episode that I know of.

How relevant this is to the discussion in hand, I don't know, but I'd say it's not out of the question.

Honestly, the eleven minute format is perhaps what intrigues me most about the series.  If there is, indeed, to be some sort of continuity or character development throughout the series, it means they're going to have to be very deliberate and very mindful of what they put in and how much of it they put in, which can be very good for the creative process.  As others have stated, it's been proven that shows with an eleven minute runtime can squeeze in entire books worth of lore, backstory, and continuity in that sort of timespan.  So it's not really a problem with the runtime, but how the writers decide to utilize the time they're given.

Edited by Spooky Akita
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sega better be aware of all the negative feedback of Knuckles' apparent redesign and fix it before it's too late. I'm near positive it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I just hope there is some room for some sort of continuity from episode to episode. Not necessarily like Sonic X or SatAM, where it's mostly required to see the prior episodes before, but something along the lines of current Cartoon Network shows like Regular Show and Adventure Time, where there is slight continuity and character development, yet it's not required to see every episode. And I hope that every episode isn't just random silliness like AoStH... even though I did enjoy that show most of the time!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say its too early to make a final judgement about the redesigns. Remember when we were teased about the deadly six? People were up in arms then until they were revealed they liked them

It's probably a good thing the show is (primarily) a comedy-oriented series because knowing the current CN's 16-inch hateboner for action shows they'll try to screw it over in any way they can.

What about making a Sonic Boom subforum, where we can discuss different parts of the show?

I think one thread is fine. Pretty much all the threads I've seen here about shows usually have one or two threads.

That and I don't think we need a subforum filled with threads of people reacting to the new Sonic character Popeye the Echidna

It's probably a good thing the show is (primarily) a comedy-oriented series because knowing the current CN's 16-inch hateboner for action shows they'll try to screw it over in any way they can.

Its really unfortunate how they turned out that way. That way of thinking, combined with their absolute love for terrible live action series.(Incredible Crew, Level Up, Dude What Could Happen, Destroy Build Destroy) has ruined the network for me. I'd really like to believe that all this started happening after the new guy stepped up to run the place following the "Boston bomb scare".

Cartoon Network is one of those things that truly has gotten worse, as opposed to just being different.

Sega better be aware of all the negative feedback of Knuckles' apparent redesign and fix it before it's too late. I'm near positive it hasn't gone unnoticed.
I do hope this happens! And I know it has in the past. When Loonatics Unleashed was first revealed there was such an enormous outcry over the designs that they actually changed them to look more "friendly" once the show aired.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its really unfortunate how they turned out that way. That way of thinking, combined with their absolute love for terrible live action series.(Incredible Crew, Level Up, Dude What Could Happen, Destroy Build Destroy) has ruined the network for me. I'd really like to believe that all this started happening after the new guy stepped up to run the place following the "Boston bomb scare".

Cartoon Network is one of those things that truly has gotten worse, as opposed to just being different.

i kno opinions and all but

lol nuuuuuuuuuuupe

Each live-action introduced after the CN Real tanked has been pretty short lived, with Level Up and Incredible Crew (the most-recent live-action shows) getting canned earlier this year.

Although the top executives constantly screw the former genre of shows over, their slate of action shows (Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS, Sym-Bionic Titan, etc.) and their comedy shows (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, etc.) are overall pretty good.

They've brought back some classic shorts such as Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo: Where Are You? (albeit you could arguably say The Looney Tunes Show and Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc. had a hand in that).

And their 20th Anniversary celebration last year was pretty awesome, with arguably their crowning moments being them bringing Cartoon Planet and Toonami (albeit the latter should be more credited to adult-swim and fan feedback) back on the air.

It's different as you said, but CN's current state is much better than their state in the late 2000s.

Edited by Yeow
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Cartoon Network's been slowly but surely recapturing the sense of diversity it once had, and even if I don't like most of their newer shows, at least they're showing more... you know... cartoons.  That are cartoony.  So I'm willing to give Cartoon Network a chance on this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

TV has pretty much decrease in quality ever since the writers strike. I do agree CN has become worse ever since the showed out of Jimmy's head, when they went on their live action craze, adult swim starting at 10 pm, and having a strong hatred towards action shows and love everything that's a comedy but they are getting better maybe they won't screw up with sonic boom especially since sonic is a video game character and due to sonic x's popularity

Surely there are other channels to watch if you want a good animated action series.

Surely there are other channels to watch if you want a good animated action series.
Like what? What other good action shows are there besides korra and tmnt(transformers prime ended)

Like what? What other good action shows are there besides korra and tmnt(transformers prime ended)

I dunno, look for some.

CN has been easing action shows back into its lineup with its DC Nation block.  Plus, Ben 10 and various (terribly-dubbed) Anime still air in the "before school" hours of the day, so I think there's plenty of room in CN's schedule for an action show.

Edited by Spooky Akita