Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Like what? What other good action shows are there besides korra and tmnt(transformers prime ended)

Prime ended? really?! What was that, 3 seasons?

I have a feeling, because this is in Cartoon Network and it's gonna be eleven minutes long, it's gonna have the cheesy "jokes" like what Sonic Colours had. Also, I know this isn't original but Knuckles' design looks so ... URGH. Seriously, I don't think i can take it seriously, and he's going to have a different personality, I presume, from the normal one he does in Adventure + 2 and the stupid one from Heroes onwards.

Then again, the cartoon is going to come out in a year, so almost everything is subject to change.

One thing I must note is that this thread gets LOADS of replies, i tried to read them all but gave up at page twenty-nine.

(though I'm new to this forum, and probably most threads are like this.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think a whole lot is changing. It airs in a year, which means they really need to start on production now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, I don't think i can take it seriously, and he's going to have a different personality, I presume, from the normal one he does in Adventure + 2 and the stupid one from Heroes onwards.

You know you kind of just said "he's going to have a different personality like the one he currently has in the games," right? XD - Anyway, that's not something you can really determine based on a single teaser image.  I mean, I'm not saying you should reserve your judgment, but judge based on what's evident, not what can be presumed from... well, nothing.

One thing I must note is that this thread gets LOADS of replies, i tried to read them all but gave up at page twenty-nine.

(though I'm new to this forum, and probably most threads are like this.)

That tends happen a lot with topics related to big news or just really interesting topics.  You'll get used to it.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

EDIT - Okay, seriously, if anyone knows how to keep that "white highlight" thing from happening, could they please tell me because it's happening far more often than it naturally should. D=

Edited by Spooky Akita

Isn't Star Wars Rebels meant to be airing in a year as well?

And if I recall, that's only just started production. Or is well on it's way to.

One of the two.

It's probably a good thing the show is (primarily) a comedy-oriented series because knowing the current CN's 16-inch hateboner for action shows they'll try to screw it over in any way they can.

True, although Sonic has a strong chance of being a long lasting series due to his status of being a famous video game character, no action show in this day and age has a hands in hell of surviving on CN unless it has Batman or Ben 10 in the title.

You know you kind of just said "he's going to have a different personality like the one he currently has in the games," right? XD - Anyway, that's not something you can really determine based on a single teaser image.  I mean, I'm not saying you should reserve your judgment, but judge based on what's evident, not what can be presumed from... well, nothing.

That tends happen a lot with topics related to big news or just really interesting topics.  You'll get used to it.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

EDIT - Okay, seriously, if anyone knows how to keep that "white highlight" thing from happening, could they please tell me because it's happening far more often than it naturally should. D=

Off topic: You switch it off by pressing the BBCode button which looks like a lightswitch in the top left corner of the chat box. The white thing is when you copy and paste text from another place, so it basically tells others you're not giving them something original or it's been copied from word. There's also the 'remove format', but the BBCode one is better.

Off topic: You switch it off by pressing the BBCode button which looks like a lightswitch in the top left corner of the chat box. The white thing is when you copy and paste text from another place, so it basically tells others you're not giving them something original or it's been copied from word. There's also the 'remove format', but the BBCode one is better.

Somebody just told me about this in PM, but thanks. XP - Also, that's the thing.  I'm not copying it from elsewhere, I'm just cutting it out from the quote box.

Anyway, thanks again.

I dunno, look for some.

Dude, if you can't find any examples yourself after calling someone out for not knowing any, don't go telling people to look for it themselves. That's just being a cop-out.

• Thumbs Up 5

True, although Sonic has a strong chance of being a long lasting series due to his status of being a famous video game character.

Sonic also has a penchant for sticking around despite being retardedly terrible.  So either he'll stick around because he's popular (for the show being actually good or otherwise), or he'll just have whatever dumb luck Johnny Test seems to have and continue getting renewed despite being a steaming pile.

If it's bad, I hope they just get it off the air instead of running it into the ground.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario

Sonic also has a penchant for sticking around despite being retardedly terrible.  So either he'll stick around because he's popular, or he'll just have whatever dumb luck Johnny Test seems to have and continue getting renewed despite being a steaming pile.

If it's bad, I hope they just get it off the air instead of running it into the ground.

Freaking Sonic Underground somehow made it to 40 episodes.

That is undeniably the worst Sonic show and a terrible cartoon in general, yet somehow it ran longer than SatAM.

If they make it random/weird funny it may stick around a while. It seems to be the popular and in thing at the moment. Humor like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gravity Falls etc seem to be leaving an impression on people. Then again..I dunno if I can see it going that way. And even if it was on the cards ill bet Sega would have said nope.

Freaking Sonic Underground somehow made it to 40 episodes.   That is undeniably the worst Sonic show and a terrible cartoon in general, yet somehow it ran longer than SatAM.
. I believe that's more towards the networks fault rather than the quality of the show wasn't underground being played in Kids WB the channel every kid watches at Saturday morning

Its really unfortunate how they turned out that way. That way of thinking, combined with their absolute love for terrible live action series.(Incredible Crew, Level Up, Dude What Could Happen, Destroy Build Destroy) has ruined the network for me. I'd really like to believe that all this started happening after the new guy stepped up to run the place following the "Boston bomb scare".

Cartoon Network is one of those things that truly has gotten worse, as opposed to just being different.

I'm guessing you haven't watched Cartoon Network in a long time, since all the live action shows you've listed have been off-air for a long time, (Especially Dude What Could Happen and Destroy Build Destroy. Jesus, when was the last time I saw those two shows, like, 2010?) Incredible Crew being the exception, though it's barely shown anymore, and when it is, it's just re-runs (I could be wrong, though, I think that's also off-air now) Plus, they've got a DC Nation block, which is pretty much what it sounds like, and a block called Cartoon Planet, which shows all the old cartoons that are off-air, such as Courage the Cowardly Dog, Camp Lazlo, Flapjack, Chowder, and more. Not to mention they have two new shows, Uncle Grandpa (Which we haven't seen many episodes from yet) and Steven Universe, whatever that's supposed to be about.

TL;DR: Cartoon Network is long gone from those dark days you've been talking about. Also, what does the Boston bombing even have to do with Cartoon Network?

adult swim starting at 10 pm

Boy, do I wish that were the case. Over here at Central Time it starts at 8:30, no, wait, 7:30 PM. Now, to people who like Adult Swim, you're all lucky, but for people like me who prefer Cartoon Network, that's bad. I wish Cartoon Network and Adult Swim were two separate channels that run all day like the whole Nick Jr. and Nick deal. Edited by GuywithPie
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think a whole lot is changing. It airs in a year, which means they really need to start on production now.

I doubt everything is set in stone yet, otherwise we would have got more then just a picture.

I doubt everything is set in stone yet, otherwise we would have got more then just a picture.

Things are teased all the time that are significantly ahead in production anyway. That's just basic marketing. By the time we see more of this in the news, some episodes are probably going to be done. Overall though, I was specifically referring to the things that Doc was talking about like the comedic nature of the show and Knuckles' shadow. I'm willing to believe the characters' silhouettes are going to match up to their final look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Things are teased all the time that are significantly ahead in production anyway. That's just basic marketing. By the time we see more of this in the news, some episodes are probably going to be done. Overall though, I was specifically referring to the things that Doc was talking about like the comedic nature of the show and Knuckles' shadow. I'm willing to believe the characters' silhouettes are going to match up to their final look.

At most, I think there'll be some very minor differences because the silhouettes look like they're perhaps hand-drawn, not rendered in 3D.

Edited by Blue Blood

True, it is just a hand drawn concept so really if this is all CGI Then theres still time to change concepts.

Nep please don't make me lose hope that Roids is our finalized Knuckles and that it can be changed.

• Thumbs Up 2

As has been said before TV schedules and upcoming programs are usually set 8-12 months in advance. And the final product, games, movies, TV programs and music etc are also finished or in post production months in advance, way before the syndication/release/advertising/physical media production date. It may be a tad easier to swap out a 3D model than an animated cel (I wouldn't know the technicalities) but with the exception of post production and minor changes/edits I wouldn't hold my breath on them changing their designs this far along. With a release around a year from now they will be almost, if not finished already and a vocal minority of fans isn't going to do much when it already has approval from Sega and Izuka himself. Might be time to get expectations in check here.

Jwr5tCK.gif

Alright, if thats the case. If Roids the steroid induced freakshow is going to replace my favorite character then no amount of Mike Pollock is going to save this trainwreck.

Yeah, petty, I know but I figure if these character designs are really all finalized like you say then god knows what else is bastardized, and I wasn't looking forward to another AOSTH in CGI form anyways.

Have fun, See you guys in 6 years! hopefully the next show will follow some common concepts.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm still okay with these designs being (mostly?) finalized. Based solely on the silhouettes I genuinely think they look good. Maybe I'll change my mind when we see the designs in the light, but I really don't see what's so offensive about them, even Knuckles. Sorry for not hating it, I guess. :/

That being said, like everyone else I hope this doesn't effect the games. Not only because I like the games as they are, but I'd rather this show be it's own thing to some extent.

Freaking Sonic Underground somehow made it to 40 episodes.

That is undeniably the worst Sonic show and a terrible cartoon in general, yet somehow it ran longer than SatAM.

Because it was made for considerably less money and sold directly into syndication with a preestablished episode number like AoStH was; whereas SatAM was a regular cartoon production which are considerably more reliant on ratings popularity and advertising revenue to offset the higher production costs and seasonal risks.

This show seems to be the former as well.