Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

And I disagree with that, plain and simple. None of this has anything to do with Sonic Boom, so I never had any intention of making an argument out if this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a thought; What if the silhouettes are from evil versions of the characters? Just a thought.

So wait, back at the Sonic Bible talk, hasn't there been at least a character bible during SA1's development?

If this is real, then what happened from it? Did SEGA threw it out during Heroes' development thinking they won't use it anymore?

I just had a thought; What if the silhouettes are from evil versions of the characters? Just a thought.

If those are evil versions of the characters, I will give SEGA credit: they're not subscribing to caricatures after all. They don't look evil in the slightest.

Though I'm naturally more inclined to think they're the actual characters, having been touched up for whatever reason. The less one expects of a SEGA project the more accurate you're likely to be, I think.

If they ever had a bible for the series in SA1 times then it probably was the JP canon for the series starting with Sonic 1 up to that point, I've never heard of it, and would love to read it if it exists. It probably doesn't though. The only other "Sonic bible" I know that exists was from Sega of America an it was really.. well.. awful.

I don't agree with the implication that the focus on characterization isn't as valid as focusing on "plot points" would have been. A lot of Sonic stories put the focus on the events and new characters, and the established characters suffer for it; they feel like they're just there to push someone else's story forward. SA is about Tikal and Chaos, SA2 is about Shadow, Gerald, and Maria, ShtH is about Black Doom and the Black Arms, '06 is about Elise, Silver, Mephiles, and Iblis, Unleashed is about Chip and Dark Gaia. And that's not always bad, but it leaves me wishing for some stories that are actually about Sonic and the other core characters. And that's what SLoW does, it sets up the story to focus on and explore Sonic, Tails, and Eggman, with the Zeti and all that being secondary, they're elements to help push the real story forward. And if you wanted more focus on the new elements, that's fine, that's understandable, and if you think ideally they should be able to do both, you're probably right. But this series has proven well enough that we can't expect perfection, and I don't like the story being treated as worthless or the product of laziness or incompetence just because it isn't perfect or because it doesn't focus on what you wanted it to.

I just don't see why you can't focus on both character and plot points when writing a story. I know at this point it's absolutely unrealistic to want anything actually great in the story department, but I can dream can't I? 

Its just that to me, I've always seen the characters as part of one bigger adventure. As in, they do what they do and get involved in things much bigger than them, which then helps the characters have new things/people to interact with, as well as interact amongst each other with. Plus, it gives more room for others to get involved in unusual ways, and gives the story itself a decent sense of depth. 

When you got a chance to take advantage of that and don't do it is when I see a story gone almost completely to waste. I mean, SLW might've been pretty good if it actually would've done something with all it introduced, but it did nothing. Hence why I found it way too simple. 

I'd like to see characterization of characters in Boom more along the lines of the Adventure series and certainly not along the lines of Colours+

The thing about the Adventure portrayals of the characters is that they're actually treated like characters who factor into the affairs of other characters without being degenerated to the point of being on the sidelines, aren't exaggerated for no good reason i.e Sonic doesn't find it necessary to obnoxiously boast about how awesome he is because he already (Rightfully given his abilities) considers that a given, Tails doesn't revolve around being the tech guy and someone who seemingly finds it his inherent duty to take Sonic down a peg with uncharacteristic snideyness, Knuckles isn't treated like lowly comic relief etc and who actually received character development and learned things without the stories continually undermining it/them.

It'd be such a shame if Boom shoved these characters into one-dimensional roles and continued 'playing' with their mannerisms in incredibly annoying ways when I've seen before that the characters have been and can be treated better than that.

• Thumbs Up 6

See the thing is, I actually like some the mannerisms in the current games. What I don't like is how they're being handled, which is pretty poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you seen on Tumblr how people were reacting to the rumors? It was hilarious. I've never seen so much fat silver & hawaiian shadow art in my life! 

I would like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, The Chaotix, Mephiles, Super Sonic, Chao, Wisps, Omega, Eggman Nega, Cream and Cheese to feature in this.

What on Earth have they done to Knuckles ? ohmy.png. I cannot believe Team Sonic have let Cartoon Network, to ruin Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the way the characters behave in the current games, it's just they don't have as much personality as the Adventure games. Take Knuckles for example! What happened to the mellow, cool yet short tempered Knuckles? I think he became the dumb strong guy when Sonic X aired in Japan, and for some annoying reason that carried over to the other games, starting with ShtH. He's not too bad in Sonic Lost World mind you, but now he is suddenly a show off and I don't remember Knuckles being like that. He just too one dimensional, as Verte said.

That's why I'm so worried about how Sonic Boom is going to treat Knuckles. From that silhouette, I'm concerned. Very concerned.

• Thumbs Up 8

I would like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, The Chaotix, Mephiles, Super Sonic, Chao, Wisps, Omega, Eggman Nega, Cream and Cheese to feature in this.

I think we'll see all of them except for Mephiles & Eggman Nega.

It is a pretty valid concern. Whereas the design changes on the other three are fairly minor from what we can tell, Knuckles is... well. That's self-explanatory.

I always liked the idea he's evolved beyond being gullible the same way he's evolved beyond guarding the Master Emerald. So I really hope they don't go with the "dumb Knuckles" angle.

• Thumbs Up 2

No Wisps. Chao I can understand, since Cream actually has one so it makes more sense. But the story of the Wisps should stay finished with Colours. Anything that has been been ackknowledged as coming from another world but Sonic's should stay out of this.

Although I wouldn't say no to just one episode... as long as it doesn't become like a recurring thing with the Wisps. Like... the games seem to be doing...

I'd be all up for seeing characters we haven't seen in the games for quite some time though. Expanding on some of the supposed character links [like Shadow and Silver] could add to the story. And let's face it, who doesn't want to see Shadow roundhouse kick Silver again.

No Wisps. Chao I can understand, since Cream actually has one so it makes more sense. But the story of the Wisps should stay finished with Colours. Anything that has been been ackknowledged as coming from another world but Sonic's should stay out of this.

Although I wouldn't say no to just one episode... as long as it doesn't become like a recurring thing with the Wisps. Like... the games seem to be doing...

I'd be all up for seeing characters we haven't seen in the games for quite some time though. Expanding on some of the supposed character links [like Shadow and Silver] could add to the story......

And let's face it, who doesn't want to see Shadow roundhouse kick Silver again.

I'd pay to see that happen all over again. That was pure genius and probably the only good to come out of Sonic 06.

I'd be all up for seeing characters we haven't seen in the games for quite some time though. Expanding on some of the supposed character links [like Shadow and Silver] could add to the story. And let's face it, who doesn't want to see Shadow roundhouse kick Silver again.

I'd love to see that happen again.

Just out of interest mate, why don't you want the wisps ? I don't mind them but, wouldn't be surprised if they do appear. But, prefer the chao.

Rouge will probably feature in Sonic Boom also, so could Orbot, Cubot and Metal Sonic. I'd like to see some episodes based on what happened in both Sonic Rush games, Colours and 06. Also would like to see Jet The Hawk in the series.

Aside from the main four and Eggman himself, I think anyone has a fair chance of appearing at this point because there's been a severe lack of details so far.

Just out of interest mate, why don't you want the wisps ? I don't mind them but, wouldn't be surprised if they do appear. But, prefer the chao.

Well, one of the main reasons I feel that is that if the Wisps can't be implemented into the games properly, what hope does their implementation into the TV show stand? And as I also said, their story ended with Colours, and should have stayed that way with appearances as well [aside from cameos]. Unless they can give a valid reason for their appearance, it shouldn't happen.

And let's face it, who doesn't want to see Shadow roundhouse kick Silver again.

I don't. That scene only worked because of the context. Kicking Silver in the head was Shadow's way of saying, "You can fight me if you want, but I'm going to win." Just having him do that for no reason would do nothing but appeal to people who don't like Silver.

It is a pretty valid concern. Whereas the design changes on the other three are fairly minor from what we can tell, Knuckles is... well. That's self-explanatory.

I always liked the idea he's evolved beyond being gullible the same way he's evolved beyond guarding the Master Emerald. So I really hope they don't go with the "dumb Knuckles" angle.

I think the dumb knuckles angle as it is put is one of the biggest concerns about his character in general throughout the entire series and in all mediums at the moment. You have the games where he is being treated rather poorly due to acting like he is just a dumb in the way character. In the comics, we don't know what they are going to do with him yet in the new world, but in the crossover, they were beginning to treat him the same once again. Then you have this mysterious black figure of what Knuckles may look like in this cartoon and it looks like they are definitely going to make him into a dumb strong man character. This is not who Knuckles was originally supposed to be and it is an honest complaint people are going to have if you are going to turn the strong willed but gullible echidna into stupid muscle now instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles being gullible is fine to me. I like that trait, to be honest. There was something about him trusting everyone that made him likeable.

However, I don't like how they made him the dumb hothead. I mean him arguing with Sonic is fine, but other than that I'd rather have a him a bit more relaxed. Sonic is supposed to be the short tempered one if you ask me. Not to say he shouldn't get angry ever, but he shouldn't just be the angry guy..

• Thumbs Up 4

I cannot believe Team Sonic have let Cartoon Network, to ruin Knuckles.

Yeah, CN themselves didn't design these characters.

actualy, thats the one thing that gives me a little hope, is that CN is only distrubiting, but its being developed by a french group, and it was a french group who made a fantasic fantastic four cartoon