Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Well, I for one wouldn't mind giant balls of trash constantly falling on Silver.

Even though you wouldn't mind, I sure as hell would. In Generations, the ball of wreckage only lasted as long as Silver could hold it together, something that required all of his focus. Getting hit by Sonic made him lose focus, causing the wreckage to collapse around him. Unless you want Silver to assemble a ball of debris in every episode, it would lose all context. Furthermore, while the idea of something bad happening to Silver may be funny to some (for reasons I will never understand), it also serves to annoy people like me who are fans of the character. Or do we just not matter?

Even though you wouldn't mind, I sure as hell would. In Generations, the ball of wreckage only lasted as long as Silver could hold it together, something that required all of his focus. Getting hit by Sonic made him lose focus, causing the wreckage to collapse around him. Unless you want Silver to assemble a ball of debris in every episode, it would lose all context. Furthermore, while the idea of something bad happening to Silver may be funny to some (for reasons I will never understand), it also serves to annoy people like me who are fans of the character. Or do we just not matter?

No.

Relax. It was a joke. No need to get so defensive. SEGA won't make stuff constantly fall on Silver.

• Thumbs Up 4

SEGA won't make stuff constantly fall on Silver.

Even though they should. I'd forgive all else if they just made Silver the butt-monkey of the franchise.
  • Thumbs Up 4

With regards to Knuckles being gullible but not dumb... I'd argue repetitive gullibility is a sign of dumbness. Sure, you trust a person once or twice, that's understandable. But if you don't at least learn to distrust that person, if not inherently being less trustful of folk afterward... then I think that is a sign your intelligence might be lacking, for you're clearly incapable of learning.

So Knuckles ditching his gullible trait makes sense... he can only be tricked so many times before he starts coming off as a bit lacking in the brains department.

Even though they should. I'd forgive all else if they just made Silver the butt-monkey of the franchise.

And why the fuck would they do that? Silver has done nothing to deserve buttmonkey status, and making him into one would do nothing but piss off his fans!

Why people are content with characters becoming butt monkeys I'll never understand.

It's better then nothing.. Which is what most of the characters are kinda doing right now.

Personally I don't think there's anything interesting or endearing about Silver...

THEN MAKE SOMETHING INTERESTING OR ENDEARING!

Honestly, everyone is flipping the fuck out over the possible stripping down of Knuckles, but that one guy? "Yeah who cares, he's not worth it!" Double standard much?

EDIT: And you've just proven my point.

• Thumbs Up 1

THEN MAKE SOMETHING INTERESTING OR ENDEARING!

Well they've got plenty of not-Silver characters to work with. They can just focus on them instead of bothering with Mr. Starfish Head.

Well they've got plenty of not-Silver characters to work with. They can just focus on them instead of bothering with Mr. Starfish Head.

But what about those of us who like Silver? What you're suggesting is hardly fair to us, you know!

Oh great, you sound like a mini-version of those critics and Sonic fans who hate everyone except Sonic, Tails and Eggman. "Focus only on these characters, cuz fuck the rest! They aren't worth it!"

You really need to listen to yourself.

But what about those of us who like Silver? What you're suggesting is hardly fair to us, you know!

I don't have any obligation to step up to the plate in defense of every character just because they have fans.

Simple fact is, this show isn't going to be everyone's ideal show. Given the size of the series' existing cast, we can't expect them to give every character top billing, or even an appearance. So considering I have no interest in Silver, my personal preference is, fuck 'im.

Oh great, you sound like a mini-version of those critics and Sonic fans who hate everyone except Sonic, Tails and Eggman. "Focus only on these characters, cuz fuck the rest! They aren't worth it!"

You really need to listen to yourself.

Again: No obligation to defend every character ever. There are plenty of characters that I think could be interesting. Silver is not one of them.

I don't have any obligation to step up to the plate in defense of every character just because they have fans.

Simple fact is, this show isn't going to be everyone's ideal show. Given the size of the series' existing cast, we can't expect them to give every character top billing, or even an appearance. So considering I have no interest in Silver, my personal preference is, fuck 'im.

Again: No obligation to defend every character ever. There are plenty of characters that I think could be interesting. Silver is not one of them.

Okay, I'll phrase it this way: Dislike Silver all you want, but if Silver ever gets any opportunity (and uses it) to shine as a character, don't outright dismiss him just BECAUSE you dislike the character. I don't expect Silver to get any billing any time soon, but frankly even with his less than reputable history, he at least shouldn't be shunned before he is allowed to start.

• Thumbs Up 3

And why the fuck would they do that? Silver has done nothing to deserve buttmonkey status, and making him into one would do nothing but piss off his fans!

All 3 of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I'll phrase it this way: Dislike Silver all you want, but if Silver ever gets any opportunity (and uses it) to shine as a character, don't outright dismiss him just BECAUSE you dislike the character. I don't expect Silver to get any billing any time soon, but frankly even with his less than reputable history, he at least shouldn't be shunned before he is allowed to start.

'06 was his start. And while he hasn't had any huge roles since then, he didn't immediately get shelved, either. I think he's had plenty of chances.

If he does end up getting another significant role, and if he is interesting and likable in it, then I won't deny it. But I think it's slim fucking chances considering his abysmal performance up until now and I don't have any interest in fighting to give him another shot.

'06 was his start. And while he hasn't had any huge roles since then, he didn't immediately get shelved, either. I think he's had plenty of chances.

If he does end up getting another significant role, and if he is interesting and likable in it, then I won't deny it. But I think it's slim fucking chances considering his abysmal performance up until now and I don't have any interest in fighting to give him another shot.

Wasn't saying you need to fight for his behalf, just not to get in his way like those "critics and fans" when he finally does get the chance...

...Why does this sound like we're talking about real people?

The problem is that more Silver inevitably means less of anyone else. And I am inclined to fight for Anyone Else.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem is that more Silver inevitably means less of anyone else. And I am inclined to fight for Anyone Else.

We're already getting less of anyone except for the big three.

• Thumbs Up 1

That doesn't really change my point. If screentime for secondary characters is already limited, I'd rather they not waste that screentime on Silver.

Meh, I like Silver and all, but I've got six franchise newcomers I'm more concerned for 'till SEGA confirms whether or not they'll be coming back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that this is a completely new canon, I'm not very concered about who they'll use. Just make sure that the cast isn't too big and all of the mains get a good amount of focus and I'm good.

You don't have to defend Silver, but you could at least have the decency to let other people do so.

All 3 of them.

Okay, was that necessary? I didn't think so either.

Plenty of chances that didn't allow him to develop as a character.

If he does end up getting another significant role, and if he is interesting and likable in it, then I won't deny it.

Why do I seriously doubt this?

But I think it's slim fucking chances considering his abysmal performance up until now and I don't have any interest in fighting to give him another shot.

His "abysmal performance" was caused by bad writing and was no fault of his own. And while you may not be interested in giving him another shot, I think it's the only way he'll ever shake off all the undeserved hate he receives.