Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

So I guess this is the No Opinions Stadium, now.

Everyone has the right to complain about an opinion too. It's not like anyone's stopping you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes I am judging the things that they have put out for us to judge.

Suddenly this is wrong?

No its not, just incredibly flimsy.

But we haven't even seen the designs in full....

Its like you said, Sonic has had a good brand of consistency, why would they suddenly change out of the blue?

Well something tells me that Knuckles won't look like his normal self all to much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aside from Hercules Knuckles and bad hair day Sonic, I still have no thoughts on this.

Can't say I'm surprised by the instant pessimism either.

Also, for all the "why does Knux have fingers" people, what did you think he had under those giant mittens?

Edited by Dizcrybe

But we haven't even seen the designs in full....

Why does this matter? Is someone not allowed to judge what they see, simply because there is information that we don't have?

And why does this only, only happen when someone has a negative opinion on something?

Everyone has the right to complain about an opinion too. It's not like anyone's stopping you.

Then I have the right to complain about their complaining about my complaints, and so on ad infinitum.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm guess by the time this show comes out all the negativy will turn into praise

• Thumbs Up 1

Every keeps saying "We haven't even seen the designs yet!".

But just look at Knuckles!  That's not Knuckles!  If Sonic had fucking Big the Cat-esque proportions, would everyone be saying "We haven't even seen the designs yet!"?  I really don't think so.

I don't know why I'm even here.  I'm not going to watch the show unless it somehow turns out to be the best thing ever.  Maybe I just like to argue.

Cancelled because of poor toy sales. Well i'm happy that Sonic is returning to television, but my god, change Knuckles' design, PLEASE.

• Thumbs Up 4

But think of it this way.

A new generation of children from all over the world will enjoy something that we've taken advantage of. They'll be able to wake up every Saturday morning and watch an episode of Sonic the Hedgehog never seen before.

And then when they grow up, they'll be the ones who will have to argue the 'Why isn't random new character from Sonic Ogre-Ground in the games?' WE'LL FINALLY BE FREE!

... Can we nickname this show Sonic OgreGround?

• Thumbs Up 9

Why does this matter? Is someone not allowed to judge what they see, simply because there is information that we don't have?

And why does this only, only happen when someone has a negative opinion on something?

Because its not substantial. Its one thing to say "Based on the information I have attained, I think such and such" than to say "ZOMG RUINED FOREVER" or "ZOMG GREATEST THING EVAR"

Its ridiculous to assume out of the blue that something is going to be outright terrible, or the greatest thing ever despite evidence that can point to the contrary.  One again, I am not saying the people who are complaining are wrong, but that your reasons do not hold up very well.

Well something tells me that Knuckles won't look like his normal self all to much.

Maybe, maybe not. And even if it does, I don't really think its enough grounds to say "RUINED FOREVER".

Then I have the right to complain about their complaining about my complaints, and so on ad infinitum.

That doesn't make your argument valid, because your argument is that you're being denied your opinion, when you're not.

They never fail to disappoint, do they?

Haha wow the apologists are already out in force I see, these are the same people who made a spin off to xiaolin showdown, expect no redeeming factors.

Edited by Phos

Has anyone talked about Dave Polsky yet, the guy who was credited with working on Sonic Boom months ago? He's written for MLP:FiM for the following episodes: Feeling Pinkie Keen, Over a Barrel, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike At Your Service, Keep Calm and Flutter On.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because its not substantial. Its one thing to say "Based on the information I have attained, I think such and such" than to say "ZOMG RUINED FOREVER" or "ZOMG GREATEST THING EVAR"

Its ridiculous to assume out of the blue that something is going to be outright terrible, or the greatest thing ever despite evidence that can point to the contrary.  One again, I am not saying the people who are complaining are wrong, but that your reasons do not hold up very well.

Maybe, maybe not. And even if it does, I don't really think its enough grounds to say "RUINED FOREVER".

I'm just praying the Knuckles design in the picture is just nothing but a mere WIP and the design we'll se in the show is closer to the game design. Also, does anybody think the voice cast from the games will voice the characters in this series or will they get *gasps* NEW VOICE ACTORS?!

manlyknuckles.png

Looks like somebody's ready to play major league baseball!

I'm actually fine with Tails's, Amy's and even Sonic's silhouettes, but man Knuckles' just really stands out in a weird way.  I could be wrong and his design might end up looking a lot better than I think i will, but I can't help but scratch my head right now and only see a somewhat standard Knuckles head of a exaggerated muscular body.

When the designs are actually revealed, things can go either way... All I can say right now is that they at least have my curiosity.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm just praying the Knuckles design in the picture is just nothing but a mere WIP and the design we'll se in the show is closer to the game design. Also, does anybody think the voice cast from the games will voice the characters in this series or will they get *gasps* NEW VOICE ACTORS?!

The normal cast is sticking around.

Has anyone talked about Dave Polsky yet, the guy who was credited with working on Sonic Boom months ago? He's written for MLP:FiM for the following episodes: Feeling Pinkie Keen, Over a Barrel, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike At Your Service, Keep Calm and Flutter On.

Feeling Pinkie Keen, Over a Barrel, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike At Your Service, Keep Calm and Flutter On.

Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike At Your Service, Keep Calm and Flutter ON

Keep Calm and Flutter On

Oh.....noooooooo

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 5

Because its not substantial. Its one thing to say "Based on the information I have attained, I think such and such"

Which is basically what everyone is doing, even if they don't put it in those words. Yes, even the ones literally saying "RUINED FOREVER!".

We'll have more nuanced and defensible positions as new information comes out. But until then, we can only discuss what we think of the information we do have. And that is kind of what this topic is for, so I don't think you should be jumping on people for doing it.

• Thumbs Up 2

The actors from the games are reprising their roles, its confirmed.

Having a targeted demographic doesn't mean that it is exclusively tailored for that demographic.
But it means that the focus is strongly to that demographic? You are confusing me you know!

Dave Polsky's MLP:FiM episodes can be controversial, but it's usually for stuff other than the comedy (seriously, his episodes have some of the funniest moments in the series, at least IMO), and since this show is apparently focusing on comedy, he'll probably fit in pretty well.

Edited by ElementofChaos

Every keeps saying "We haven't even seen the designs yet!".

But just look at Knuckles!  That's not Knuckles!  If Sonic had fucking Big the Cat-esque proportions, would everyone be saying "We haven't even seen the designs yet!"?  I really don't think so.

I don't know why I'm even here.  I'm not going to watch the show unless it somehow turns out to be the best thing ever.  Maybe I just like to argue.

Sonic needs to be consistent, yes, but I think characters that AREN'T Sonic are somewhat more fair game for experimentation. Remember the old wacky Sonic series? Their Robotnik quite pointedly does not look like the one from the game. Even the SatAM version isn't quite classic Robotnik either. 

Also, I don't think Dave Polsky was mentioned in any of the press material. 

Edited by edvedd

...ooooooooh I'm not going to like this at all am I... Knuckles... I never thought you could go any lower but... damn..

The actors from the games are reprising their roles, its confirmed.

Oh well that's some good news to hear.

As for the comedy aspect, I predict this show will be more along the lines of the original Teen Titans cartoon which had a fair balance of comedy and action. You never know.

Which is basically what everyone is doing, even if they don't put it in those words. Yes, even the ones literally saying "RUINED FOREVER!".

We'll have more nuanced and defensible positions as new information comes out. But until then, we can only discuss what we think of the information we do have. And that is kind of what this topic is for, so I don't think you should be jumping on people for doing it.

Then I kind of wish people would word their opinions better, because as you can see, its pretty easy to say one thing while meaning another.