Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Overreaction and impotent rage are the Sonic fandom's meat and drink.  I'm pleased to see that this will keep us going for a long, long time.

Oh well that's some good news to hear.

As for the comedy aspect, I predict this show will be more along the lines of the original Teen Titans cartoon which had a fair balance of comedy and action. You never know.

Or the new TMNT cartoon.

It's funny how people are already calling it shit when NOTHING has been revealed about it except shadows, the length of episodes and the voice actors.

??? Do you somehow not get Cartoon Network?

Knuckles looks like a gangster but why

Wait. Does that mean we get BLACK KNUCKLES again? Am I the only one who could possibly be happy about that? As for the look so far......I'm not sure. I need a trailer before I make judgement.

Wait. Does that mean we get BLACK KNUCKLES again? Am I the only one who could possibly be happy about that? As for the look so far......I'm not sure. I need a trailer before I make judgement.

Hunnid P confirmed for doing the shows music.

Damn, what have they done to poor Knuckles? Only Tails seems to have escaped the torment of being redesigned.

I don't really get it, though. Archie is apparently not allowed to do a lot of things, like have the characters have families and other stuff, yet this show is allowed to change Knuckles into that?

And people mention TMNT.. Honestly I'm still not a huge fan of the designs in that show.

Well TMNT proved that CG cartoons could be great.

Hopefully this has the right idea too.

I would say Clone Wars did that.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you think that's bad, think of how it could be worse.

Wait until we see how well this show is received. So well, in fact, that it explodes like My Little Pony and SEGA decides to make those designs the norm.

Oh, and Eggman will look like he did in SatAM.

Like I mentioned earlier.....what if these designs get into the games as the permanent redesigns.........

They wouldn't intentionally distort what a character looks like in a teaser image.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah turns out Knuckles is actually on stilts, with a squid stuck on his head, his arms are actually big arm bands lel.

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles has obviously hitting the gym in his spare time, I mean its not like they're doing anything with him.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait. Does that mean we get BLACK KNUCKLES again?

Seriously guys, Knuckles was never black.

Anyway, I have no strong positive feelings towards this, mainly because nothing is making me sit up and take notice in such a context. Knuckles' silhouette is fucking awful- I don't give a shit what anyone says.

CGI? Will wait and see on, although I have to admit the medium is getting more viable for animation; a few shows now look positively great.

Apathetic to the comedy routine as well: gives me vibes of a well-done AoStH affair which- if this is how Sega want the current generation to know of Sonic- makes me sigh in light of the way the franchise has been being tailored in recent years. Now, if it has an overarching storyline and genuine character development alongside the comedy, I'll be interested.

But whatever. -.-

• Thumbs Up 5

Good one, Zeena. 

I really do wonder who's writing though. 

I think Blue Blood said it was one of the writers from FIM.

Seriously guys, Knuckles was never black.

He was pretty black in SA2, he even had a darker tan for his muzzle haha.

I think Blue Blood said it was one of the writers from FIM.

I'm thinking he'll just be writing a few episodes, rather than being the showrunner or anything. Could be wrong tho'.

I'm definitely looking forward to another cartoon... but that image makes me really worried about the art style.  It doesn't exactly look... good. =x

• Thumbs Up 2

He was pretty black in SA2, he even had a darker tan for his muzzle haha.

Yeah, but he's always been voiced by some of the whitest-sounding people ever in English. Kind of an eye-brow raiser to say "fur color + rap music = black." 

Especially since no other character's really been assigned an ethnicity based on the same circumstances.......

But this is all besides the point-- his silhouette is pretty bad. xP

• Thumbs Up 4

I would say Clone Wars did that.

Or, going back A LOT earlier, Beast Wars. (Sure, the animation hasn't aged well, but the writing is still some of the strongest in TF history.) Honestly, it kind of baffles me how people act as if the ONLY good CGI shows sprung up in recent times.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's still a year before it's actually out right? I don't know how cartoons go about being designed and announced but who knows what can change between now and then.

Sonic is wearing Michael Jackson's Thriller Jacket!

Or a spiffy life vest.

Oh, and reading the info in the first post (I kinda just skimmed it before :V):

Rounding out the ensemble are fan favorites Knuckles and Amy Rose, plus a rogue’s gallery of enemies—some familiar to Sonic fans and some brand-new.

Well, isn't that interesting? I wonder if we'll see the Deadly Six.