Awoo.

NASA and a few SSMB Members Victim of Convincing Hoax

Indigo Rush

logo.png

http://www.rememberthe13th.com

Originally going to be announced on the 13th of November, NASA decided to push this up to October 6th.

NASA has made a historic discovery that will shake the entire planet. This announcement will be released to the media on November 13th, 2013. It will be a day to remember and One for the history books. Spread the word to your family & friends and sign up to stay updated! - See more at: http://www.rememberthe13th.com/#sthash.PzAP8wtj.ujjUzWRD.dpuf

DUE TO CHANGE IN PLANS, WE WILL ANNOUNCE THIS DISCOVERY EARLIER THAN PREVIOUSLY EXPECTED. TUNE IN ON OCTOBER 6TH TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT.

Less than 2 days from now, NASA is going to announce a massive discovery. What on earth (or off-earth, as the case may be) could it be?

Could they have actually found life on another planet? Contact with intelligent life? Yet another planet that could potentially hold life? Flowing water on Mars? Did we find some space alien's used dinner napkin floating around Jupiter? Is Pluto finally going to be a planet again?! I can dream

It could be anything, but one thing's for sure, NASA is confident that it's going to be the biggest thing ever. Or it'll be the biggest let down ever. 

Either way, we'll find out on the 6th of October. 

IT WAS ALL A LIE, I HAD NO IDEA

Please disregard.

Edited by Indigo Rush

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indigo Rush

• Tani Coyote

• Badnik Mechanic

• Pylorian

Popular Days

I'm... actually kind of hyped for scientific news. I can hardly wait to see what it is.

I wonder how big it would have to be for Obama to announce it? If it really was life on another planet using him as a mouthpiece for it would be a good way to spread the word... but alas, so little time. sad.png

I am hoping it's something related to alien life though. Even if they're a million years away at current technology it would still be landmark, as it'd be evidence we're not alone at long last.

I didn't say he was. :P I pondered how major it would have to be to merit a Presidential announcement.

Because if we did discover alien life in any matter, that'd easily be seen as a triumph for American scientists. Pluto's discovery, for example, was actually a source of national pride at the time since it was the first planet (back before it was reclassified) to be discovered by the United States.

Though the modern Presidency is so busy we probably wouldn't get anything from him barring a reference in some other speech (I'm almost certain he'll use whatever discovery this is as evidence to increase NASA funding).

But I'm rambling. I'm just eager to see what it is!

Well, this is pretty cool. Now I have something to be excited about for this weekend. I imagine it might have to deal with some life(not necessarily intelligent) somewhere but we'll see I guess.

Isn't NASA one of the agencies crippled by the whole shutdown debacle?

I realize that whatever it is they have to say likely was mostly packaged up and ready to present before all this mess, but what could they possibly have to say that can wait for all that mess to get resolved first?

Odd timing I guess. Should be interesting though. All our best stuff comes right out of the grunt work that NASA does on the technology front. I assume this either has something to do with 3D printing or something that rover on Mars dug up.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Now, let's discuss the physics of this.

Let's say we did manage to glimpse alien life, likely through a telescope.

Due to the way light works, you better pray we see cavemen. Because if we saw people on par with us... well, let's do the math. Since information can only travel as fast as light... we're actually traveling through time in a way when we look great distances. If we see them as advanced as us, that means they're actually miles ahead now.

Say an alien species was 60 or so light-years away. They aren't seeing you and me. They're seeing the fires of World War II raging when those battles are long since over.

Science is weird!

I realize that whatever it is they have to say likely was mostly packaged up and ready to present before all this mess, but what could they possibly have to say that can wait for all that mess to get resolved first?

Maybe that's one of their motives behind the bumped up date. If they reveal the announcement now it makes the government look more in control of things.

It's times like these I really wish trolling could be punishable by life imprisonment. sad.png

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Also...

Nasa: NASA has made a historic discovery that will shake the entire planet.... .. .. .. but we're not gonna tell you until next week.

Why? Is that when the Aliens are expected to arrive or something?