Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Well it is the most memorable and significant Eggman final boss.

Pfft.

Great Eggman Mecha blows dat gay shit outta da water.

Looking at the guy's comment he seems to have hated the 3DS version, as well as never trying to Wii U version.

I wish to hope it was just his case deal because this is kinda making me less exited for the SLW 3DS now. sad.png

Edited by Narukami07

Eggman's betrayal isn't a surprise, but I can't wait to see it happen. I wonder if that mech is the same one he'll use in the Wii U version? I hope so 'cause I like it, but yeah.

Also it's kinda weird to hear the 3DS version's bosses don't seem all that great in some cases. I mean, I generally expect Dimps' bosses to be great, even outdoing the ones in the console games most of the time. :/ Shame.

Well, two things wrong with that. Anyone who ever thought the game had momentum is blind. There is none, not a terrible thing though. And this is the 3DS version, pretty confident everyone knew it was gonna live up to the mediocre standard that Dimps is known for. I don't think anyone has the Wii U version yet, if they do I haven't heard any opinions beyond Jim Sterling who doesn't seem to be a fan, but given he hated Colors and this is basically Colors 2 with less block platforming, I'm not surprised.

:/ ........

Edited by Narukami07

It god damn 4chan, I never took them seriously, and besides, most of the preview from other sites have been positive so far so I'm not really worried.

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

I'm going to say that if the 3DS version turns out to be shit, then i'll NEVER spend any of my money on Dimps related versions of handheld Sonic games ever again. Sonic 4 Episode 2 was the last straw, and screwing the pooch again with Lost World will make me go ballistic as fuck.

Pardon me.

Edited by Narukami07

I'm actually happy the special stage controls make them hard, these will be the first hard special stages since Sonic 4 episode 1 (in my opinion) if what they say is true.

The final boss looks cool, I just wonder if theres a Super Sonic boss since usually special stages means Super Sonic final bosses... i'll probably just wait until it comes out next Saturday and not spoil the whole game like I did with generations.

Edited by Pearl98

I'm going to say that if the 3DS version turns out to be shit, then i'll NEVER spend any of my money on Dimps related versions of handheld Sonic games ever again. Sonic 4 Episode 2 was the last straw, and screwing the pooch again with Lost World will make me go ballistic as fuck.

Pardon me.

Completely understandable. On the bright side (if there is one) you and the rest of us will probably be able to play a demo of the game next week, or full game... Depending on where ya live. 

Still, for me personally, I'm staying positive that Dimps will do good on the 3DS version! ^o^

Completely understandable. On the bright side (if there is one) you and the rest of us will probably be able to play a demo of the game next week, or full game... Depending on where ya live. 

Still, for me personally, I'm staying positive that Dimps will do good on the 3DS version! ^o^

Yeah, i'll wait for more impressions down the line first. Given how the OP's thoughts on the version is almost a 180 flip from the stuff we've heard beforehand, among impressions thus far.

The control of something in a game should not be what makes it hard, what should make it hard is the design. Having the control make the game hard isn't really something considered fun.

I actually prefer the Egg Dragoon over this mech tho...

To be fair, it is hard to top the Egg Dragoon in design.

Eggman being the final (semi-final, maybe?) boss? I'm not surprised in the least.

The design reminds me of Egg Emperor, Death Egg and the thing that was chasing you in Unleashed. As one of Eggman's bosses it looks OK. As THE final boss, the design is very underwhelming, IMO. Egg Nega Wisp was so much more awesome and badass!

To be fair, it is hard to top the Egg Dragoon in design.

As much as I love Egg Dragoon, this thing has even better design in my opinion.

q39r.jpg

It may be hard to top Egg Wyvern or Egg Dragoon but they didn't even try this time, lol.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, I disagree. Not to say the Egg Dragoon is meh, but for me, this blows both versions of that mech cleanly out of the water.

I'm not surprised, but it's a shame the 3DS version doesn't seem that good. I haven't decided to pick it up yet as I probably will never play the Wii-U version, but if some reviews are more favourable and it's not completely trashed like the other recent Dimps games I might get it.

And no surprises on a certain final boss there, it's not my favourite design but design isn't everything, the Egg Wyvern looks amazing then spends half the battle circling you doing very little (and it's still one of the better bosses in 06, that's how bad the 06 bosses are!).

And no surprises on a certain final boss there, it's not my favourite design but design isn't everything, the Egg Wyvern looks amazing then spends half the battle circling you doing very little (and it's still one of the better bosses in 06, that's how bad the 06 bosses are!).

...it's not like it's the fault of it's design, is it?:) Great design is still great no matter whether the boss battle is good gameplay-wise or not and rubbish design is still rubbish even if the gameplay is amazing. Those are two different things.

...it's not like it's the fault of it's design, is it?smile.png Great design is still great no matter whether the boss battle is good gameplay-wise or not and rubbish design is still rubbish even if the gameplay is amazing. Those are two different things.

That's what I'm saying. I'd rather have a slightly less good design but better boss battle than a better design and shitty boss battle. Ideally we'd have both great design and great boss battle, but that's subjective anyway. The Egg Wyvern battle would still be mostly waiting around if it had a worse design.

However, I'm not sure if this new final boss will be good, not because of the design or anything, but because I found Dimps to be getting worse and worse with bosses after they struck genius with Rush Adventure. I mean I liked Episode 2's final boss a lot, but other than that I don't think their bosses have been good since Rush Adventure.

That's what I'm saying. I'd rather have a slightly less good design but better boss battle than a better design and shitty boss battle.

I'm sorry but this is just wrong. I'm pretty sure people designing charactersare not the same people who program the boss fights. Why do we even have to choose? If somebody doesn't put their soul into their work, we get either a shitty design or a shitty boss battle. Getting anything shitty means that somebody was lazy and didn't do their job.

Some say videogames is art. It sure isn't art when people lazily draw some uninspired generic robot resembling Eggman (for how many times has it been donebefore, btw?) and call it a day.

Rush adventure bosses were amazing. S4 Ep 2 were amazing design-wise but were shitty gameplay-wise.

Edited by ArtFenix

Honestly, I disagree. Not to say the Egg Dragoon is meh, but for me, this blows both versions of that mech cleanly out of the water.

Dude, the flippin' Egg Hammer's from Heroes blow this new mech out of the water. I've yet to see anything from this mech top the floating sets of energy wings (or two in Mk II's case), gatling gun/laser combo, with frost cannons, drill launcher, and spikes around it complete with two cockpits of the Mark II that can separate and attack in tandem.

About the only thing this new one can compete with so far design-wise is size and I can only assume to be lasers and detachable arms, but it doesn't look anywhere near as badass as the Dragoon - I'd blame the art direction for that, but that dragon mech in Zavok's battle showed they can do equally badass designs even in this style. Gameplay wise, if I see another QTE in this boss fight like what appears to be one in one of those images it'll likely kiss even more awesomeness it might have goodbye from me.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic

Compare

2pua.png

sau0.jpg

I think anyone can tell which one looks badass and awesome and which one looks lazy and cheap. The difference is like day and night.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

.... Can I just like the new Eggmech as well as the Egg Dragoon? I mean, gosh, it's like you have a problem with me preferring something from this game over the "Boost Era," or something.

Sure.smile.png

It's not about eras, however. It's about Eggman's final bosses looking badass.

S2 had Death Egg Robot and Mecha Sonic

S3&K had absolutely badass final bosses. ALL of them were epicly designed.

Same foe Sonic adventure

Same for S06

Same for Unleashed

Colors final boss had amazing design as well

Sonic advance bosses and Sonic Rush bosses were also amazingly designed.

This one is even worse than Egg Emperor, one of the "not-so-awesome" bosses design-wise.

It's just disappointing that even the final boss (assuming it IS final) has such uninspiring, cheap and lazy design.

Edited by ArtFenix