Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

I don't think it helps that the Egg Dragoon was on HD consoles while this is only the 3DS version so far. Maybe the Wii-U version will look more awesome.

I am kind of digging the Samus-esque feel of it, honestly :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, time the fuck out.

Yes, I find the new mech far more basic and underwhelming than the awesome and badass Egg Dragoon, but "lazy and cheap" is just being downright insulting. It's far more simplistic in design, yes, and that makes it look underwhelming in comparison, but we've repeated this time and time again on these forums: simplicity does not equate to lazy and cheap, nor does complexity equal depth. These terms are not black and white like that.

And that is especially when we don't know much about it anyway. So wait til we get more details before you make full judgement, 'k?

Pfff, chill out, man. I'm not insulting anyone here, OK?

That's your opinion and all but could you show me what doesn't make it lazy and cheap? Because the only thing I'm seeing there is Unleashed Interceptor with legs, which sure doesn't make it neither original nor creative.

Edited by ArtFenix

Wait, 3DS?

Wow. If that's the case, then yeah, here's wondering how it'll look on Wii-U. 

Pfff, chill out, man. I'm not insulting anyone here, OK?

That's your opinion and all but could you show me what doesn't make it lazy and cheap? Because the only thing I'm seeing there is Unleashed Interceptor with legs, which sure doesn't make it neither original nor creative.

How about you define lazy and cheap, and elaborate how based off a single image you were capable of deducting such a thing when we have yet to fully see it in action? Because I could stretch that definition over everything you've loved about this series, such as the artstyles of SA2 or Unleashed, and mind you I love those games and believe the exact opposite of such a thing when talking about them.

I find the mech simplistic and underwhelming, while still reserving judgement over you going far to the extreme with it. I don't know anything beyond how it looks to judge whether or not it is lazy and cheap, and appearance alone isn't enough. But looking simplier does not equal to lazy or cheapness in design; laziness is doing a bad job because you weren't putting any effort, which we have yet to see of this mech in action.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic
  • Thumbs Up 8

Idk why the fuck everyone is letting OP bring down your faith for the 3DS version, this is one person, almost all of you know the game is amazing as fuck, it has actual cutscenes, fun zones & besides do you guys want a fucking Generations 3DS remake or something, jeez >.>

Lemme chill real quick

Except his main issue was the controls, something we don't know a thing about because we haven't played the game and he has so his opinions are far more valid than our own judgements from a load of gameplay footage

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Apparently there was also another person in that thread who also said he had the full reviewer copy and he said it's not as bad as what the OP was talking about.

Especially with some of the bosses he said.....

The Wii U version's bosses arent that amazing either dude..

The Zazz boss just looks sad, he charges at you, shoots moon stars at you & throws the moon.. Dont take everything OP says so literally 

Except his main issue was the controls, something we don't know a thing about because we haven't played the game and he has so his opinions are far more valid than our own judgements from a load of gameplay footage

Well that could change if SOMEONE decided to release the demo outside of Japan.

HINTHINT. imdyinghere

• Thumbs Up 2

Woah, uh guys? The thread from the link is gone now. I think OP might have been dealt with for breaking that much info.

Edited by Narukami07

The genesis death egg robot and great eggman robo were not badass if they were they'd be giving sonic fair challenge and a hard time, for sonic 2 it was just cheap for Great eggman robo he never posed of a threat to me, none of them did in the genesis games they were jokes.

Woah, uh guys? The thread from the link is gone now. I think OP might have been dealt with for breaking that much info.

Nah, on 4chan after a while when a thread isn't bumped it gets deleted. 

Nah, on 4chan after a while when a thread isn't bumped it gets deleted. 

Huh, never mind. (Pretty odd for a rule though).

Huh, never mind. (Pretty odd for a rule though).

It's to prevent it from getting cluttered up. When you have a board as active as 4cha you don't want millions of threads taking up server space

I'm honestly fine with the robot just being a giant mechanical Eggman, because despite the large number of times that theme has been used, each Eggman-shaped mech differs in design and ability(Compare the Death Egg Robot to the Kyodai Eggman Robo or Egg Emperor, or even to something gimmicky like the Egg Dealer). It fits Eggman's narcissistic personality to a tee, and even though it's refreshing to see him branch out in other design directions (Wyvern, Dragoon, Nega Wisp, etc.), the good ol' testament to Eggman's own vanity is still a fitting choice to keep coming back to.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think anyone can tell which one looks badass and awesome and which one looks lazy and cheap. The difference is like day and night.

I can tell which one is cleanly designed and evocative of the character responsible for it, and which one looks like it was covered in glue and rolled around in a box of legos...
  • Thumbs Up 7

I don't think it helps that the Egg Dragoon was on HD consoles while this is only the 3DS version so far. Maybe the Wii-U version will look more awesome. I am kind of digging the Samus-esque feel of it, honestly :P
Great now I want to see a metroid sonic crossover

Oh, please! I have no idea what criteria you follow but I can't find any single reason for SLoW robot looking better/more original/more badass/etc. than Egg Dragoon. Maybe you can give me some?:)

Oh, please! I have no idea what criteria you follow but I can't find any single reason for SLoW robot looking better/more original/more badass/etc. than Egg Dragoon. Maybe you can give me some?smile.png

WHO THE HELL CARES?

Seriously, I'm so sick and tired of everyone making a big deal out of a difference in opinions; who cares how the mechs looks, or what it represents, they're both Eggman bots so it doesn't really matter now does it.

I'm all for discussing the mechanics of a boss fight, but we're seriously arguing over whether it looks "badass"? When the hell has that ever mattered as far as bosses go? For the love of Christ people.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have an opinion and I think the robot looks pretty awesome for what it is. It's like Samus Suit and Death Egg Robot had a love child and it's so beautiful

• Thumbs Up 1