Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Don't get your hopes up, he's probably just gonna snark about how they totally saw it coming and he wasn't going to fool anybody.

Don't get your hopes up, he's probably just gonna snark about how they totally saw it coming and he wasn't going to fool anybody.

I don't try to get my hopes up for any of the writing these days.

I learned from watching Generations' intro before release and then getting the game only to find how empty it all was :|

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually hope for both situations; it'd be stupid for Sonic to completely trust Eggman, but that doesn't mean they can't make the betrayal satisfying.

We know Eggman is gonna backstab them, it's how he does it which matters. And if Sonic does not lampshade that incredibly obvious plot point, I will be disappointed to no end.

Judging by those cutscenes, Eggman's gone to quite the measures to make the Deadly Six his bitches.

Looks like Zavok wasn't exaggerating about their "abuse and enslavement". Have to give Eggman props for keeping a competent and well-held leash on his monsters this time.

Zavok had the one long video with the gameplay (yes the cutscenes were in there too, but you had to jump to the point to watch em), me, I upload the 3 cutscenes separate (Now with english Annotations) (Third Cutscene won't Embed, so It's just showing as a link at my view) 

Cutscene #1 More Animals or thy Conch Shell!

Cutscene #2: Do the job and get a free sandwich

Cutscene #3: The power of green juice

Edited by Red
  • Thumbs Up 1

Zavok had the one long video with the gameplay (yes the cutscenes were in there too, but you had to jump to the point to watch em), me, I upload the 3 cutscenes separate (Now with english Annotations) (Third Cutscene won't Embed, so It's just showing as a link at my view) 

Eggman seems pretty cruel to me, holding the poor Pocky up by it's ears, throwing it with no real indication that he knows that Orbot is behind him ready to catch it and then punishing the Zeti for merely bringing back 'low quality' critters. It makes their rebellion all the more convincing and justified.

Also LOL at the Pocky kicking Orbot with it's legs XD

Aye, Dr. Crusher. It is very nice to see Eggman take main-villain status for three games in a row so far (four counting Sonic 4: Episode 2, I suppose).

At this point, I think Eggman has redeemed himself as a credible archenemy and main antagonist for the series. And if the writers know what they're doing, nothing - not even the occasional non-Eggman villain - should be able to shake that. As long as they don't give us another decade-long drought of Eggman's final boss status in the 3D games, I'm good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well to make this Eggman message trifecta complete, I enjoy having Eggman as the final boss around again. Despite not being able to get this game when it comes out (because I don't have a Wii U as of yet) I am glad to see at least one game this year treat Eggman with dignity and respect (I'm looking at you Mario and Sonic at the Sochi Games. I'm really looking at you hard and glaring through your body with the hatred with a thousand suns.)

So, I am now wondering what shenanigans that Eggman will do to harass the dear, sweet, blue hedgehog when they have to team up,

BTW, the detail that they have put into this is fantastic.

Edited by Scheming Minor
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the subject of the teamup... What I really like is that - if the desert world is anything to go by - each act ends with its own cutscene. While they're short, that gives potential for lots of goofing around between Eggman and Sonic during their truce.

Eggman and Sonic usually only team up when the world's about to end and there's a final boss to kill; i.e., when they're forced by the plot to be deadly serious about their situation. Aside from Chronicles, we never really get to see Eggman and Sonic work together in a lower-key, less apocalyptic situation. This will be the chance for some interaction between the two like we've never seen before, and if done well, could give us some of the most memorable moments in the franchise. With less than a week to go until the game's European release (I'm in the U.S., but I expect cutscenes to leak before I get a chance to play the game), I'm sure we'll see soon... I'm definitely hyped!

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 5

Cutscene #2: Do the job and get a free sandwich

Cutscene #3: The power of green juice

Wow, Eggman's a dick, like a real big dick. It almost makes the Deadly Six seem justified in their vendetta. Its gonna be real disconcerting if they end up getting the short end of the stick in this game.

I like that Eggman isn't just cruel for cruelty's sake, too. He uses the conch to control them, but doesn't appear to get any particular enjoyment out of causing the Zeti pain; It's a means to an end. He's even willing to use positive reinforcement along with his usual threats, as seen with offering Zommom a sandwich as a reward.   It's rather Machiavellian of him, choosing to control his minions pragmatically - using positive and negative reinforcement - to more effectively get what he wants.
Eggman would call his method discipline

Wait how come Austria get it early, I don't get street dates sometimes.

Edited by Time Eater

What do you think of the Wisp controls in the game? (Sorry i know you guys talked about it before but still) And how are the bosses in Lost World??

EDIT: Plus are you able to turn motion controls upon Wisps off as well?

Edited by Narukami07

Really liking how parkour and the Spindash have to be used incredibly effectively to get good speedruns.

The end of the video, especially with Zik echo'ing his anticipation for Sonic was the icing in the cake.

Edited by Narukami07