Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

I really do like how Eggman is showing the animals being put into the badniks. I believe this is the first time we ever had a cutscene in a Sonic game show us this.

Also, darn it Zazz! You leaving like a crazy maniac, with that crazy laugh, and jumping up for joy continue to make you my favorite member of the Deadly Six so far!

I was thinking of the selfies thing when I saw Sonic.

2w7pv7k.jpg

Edit - Is spoilers tags even needed in here? Just now thinking about it since this is the spoiler thread...

May as well add the video too

I love how the little animals carried knuckles away in that cutscene

• Thumbs Up 3

Was glad to see Knuckles being slightly less goofy than usual, but still being carried by the animals? Really? XD

Screenshot dump of the cutscene ahoy. Spoiler'd for size.

SlxJqrt.jpg

CT6MEJ8.jpg

olq879m.png

Qyc6GXQ.jpg

orQn0I1.jpg

GTdN0F4.jpg

(hawt)

vWdNsuJ.jpg

0p07CFT.jpg

TzAKyyk.jpg

Enjoy :3

• Thumbs Up 3

May as well add the video too

I love how the little animals carried knuckles away in that cutscene

Now that I think about it, it's like the animals are all worshiping him after he said he'd have been done by now.

Knuckles just gained some followers.

Screenshot dump of the cutscene ahoy. Spoiler'd for size.

SlxJqrt.jpg

CT6MEJ8.jpg

olq879m.png

Qyc6GXQ.jpg

orQn0I1.jpg

GTdN0F4.jpg

(hawt)

vWdNsuJ.jpg

0p07CFT.jpg

TzAKyyk.jpg

Enjoy :3

Heh, nice to know the Miles Electric has WiFi all the way up in Lost Hex.

• Thumbs Up 7

So, Knux and Amy aren't getting in on the action. Knux treated like a butt monkey.

Yeah, call me unimpressed.

These are pretty much my thoughts.

I'm liking what I've seen so far plot wise. From what we've seen, I'm thinking this will more or less be a Unleashed styled kind of plot with some of the humor from colors implemented. I really hope I am right to some degree!

Did you miss the part where he gets dragged off by a bunch of Flickies and other assorted animals or am I just crazy?

Knuckles can still be a goofball and be a serious business character. If he was more serious it was probably make the humorous parts more entertaining than eye rolling.

Knuckles can still be a goofball and be a serious business character.
Eggman's done it as well. The man who's enslaved many animals and aliens, awakened demons and blew Earth to pieces is also the staple comedic relief.
  • Thumbs Up 3

To prevent this topic from going into Knucklear meltdown, I think we should talk about Rad Red's character interpretations in this dedicated topic to prevent a potential off-topic flame war in this thread.

Head on over you want to work it out, work it out, talk about it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Did you miss the part where he gets dragged off by a bunch of Flickies and other assorted animals or am I just crazy?
If by definition that somehow makes him a butt monkey then yes you are.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Can someone please tell me how the special stages are in the Wii U version? I thought they were exclusive to the 3DS (as seen in tons of promotional material). My only guess is that it's going to be another minigame area.

Welp, can't say I'm not surprised Knuckles & Amy aren't in on the action because that's exactly what I expected from them; at least the game doesn't try to make them seem important unlike Generations. I do like how Knuckles says he would have done a better job than Sonic. And Sonic& Amy having a normal conversation? Where the hell were these writers ten years ago.

If Knuckles had to be comical but still be tough, I honestly believe that cutscenes was the right way to it. He has a rather interesting interaction with other animals without being an absolute idiot. There was nothing wrong with that cutscene...well at least I personally think it was fine.

This is the first game where I haven't had the overwhelming urge to punch Sonic's lights out. His character so far seems balanced - he missed the Capture Capsule and lost against Eggman. He's not 'In your face annoying.' No crappy dialogue from what I can gather from the Spanish translation, and no unnecessary reason to be sooooo cooooool!!! It's like they ignored SEGA's mandate on his personality and thew out all of the annoyances from the past games and decided to keep his core character. Granted this is only the beginning of the game, but if they keep it up Sonic might seem likable to me.

I said likable. I'm an Eggman fan after all.

Anyone else notice that in the 2nd cutscene Orbot and Cubot are messing up in the background and that Orbot gets grabbed by the claw that's placing the flickies in the motobugs laugh.png . Gotta say I'm glad to see those two back. 

As for the cutscene with Amy and Knux, well it has me greatly upset. Why, well it's because of their supposed location. Now according to posts in this topic it's assumed they aren't on Lost Hex. Yet look at their surroundings: those trees, the grass... Am I'm supposed to believe that's Green Hill? Since when did Green Hill have cube trees and grass made out of paper? I'll come and say right now I hate the level art in this game. I mean it goes against just about every Sonic game in existence. Everything looks fake. Heck there's a cut out of a bush in one of the cutscenes. Not a bush, it's a clear cut out.  Now I've let this slide because, well, my knowledge was that the game takes place on Lost Hex and, well, maybe that world is fake. Yet here we have Amy and Knuckles supposedly not on Lost Hex and in a fake looking environment. Say What? I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. There's no way I can believe that's anywhere but lost Hex.