Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

There's your "true" final boss Jovahexeon.

dry.png .........I walked right into that one didn't I?

SAHD.jpg

What a horrible time to run out of likes.

And now... One version Spoiled, one to go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well catching the last bit of the game and post game, I'm really liking it. Saw a lot of disappointment about the ending because it was simple and abrupt, but honestly was a fan of the simplicity. Didn't have to be some breath-taking "lets run into the sunset and everyone cry" kinda deal or something, just Sonic caught a break finally *shrugs*. Works for me really~

As for post game stuffs, I'll admit that they are /really/ odd. Aside from the Sky Chase call-back, they're pretty dang random, and sometimes even feel like test-demo levels haha. Though I'm not yet in mindset that it's over, I'd like to see someone get all the red rings. I'm sure if there's any super secret unlock that everyone's hoping for, it'd need a little more effort than simply beating the game, thus the red rings.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well catching the last bit of the game and post game, I'm really liking it. Saw a lot of disappointment about the ending because it was simple and abrupt, but honestly was a fan of the simplicity. Didn't have to be some breath-taking "lets run into the sunset and everyone cry" kinda deal or something, just Sonic caught a break finally *shrugs*. Works for me really~

As for post game stuffs, I'll admit that they are /really/ odd. Aside from the Sky Chase call-back, they're pretty dang random, and sometimes even feel like test-demo levels haha. Though I'm not yet in mindset that it's over, I'd like to see someone get all the red rings. I'm sure if there's any super secret unlock that everyone's hoping for, it'd need a little more effort than simply beating the game, thus the red rings.

Oh boy, collecting all red rings, that'll be quite THE challenge.

Oh boy, collecting all red rings, that'll be quite THE challenge.

Hunting them down and taking the harder routes? Yeah actually, probably more challenging than the other shit in the game :U

Nooooooooo. sad.png

It's a number of things really. I still got some backlog to finish up, though I was willing to put it on the backburner should this game really wow me. Instead with the footage seen it more like Sonic Generations-ed(?) me. So I'll finish up Lone Survivor, the Wolf among us, and maybe Zombie U then pick up Lost World.

dry.png .........I walked right into that one didn't I?

Yes you did.

Edited by Master Zik

So the Pacman or whatever isn't story related?

No. It literally just comes out of effing nowhere.

I'm not sure what to think of any of this.

That all sure was... something. I really like how the game looks to play and control in all the 3D stages, but this game looks like it could've used a LOT more.. slopes. But then again, I guess thats no surprise. Maybe it's just amplified by how there seems to be so much 2D.

As for the ending.. well that soured much of my opinion on the story. At least I missed the first half of the story itself so I have to figure out what happens from around the middle to where I picked up!

A few of the stages (mostly the bonus stages), and almost all of the 2D level design seemed to be too foreign to Sonic. It also doesn't seem to take advantage of Spindashing or parkour as much as I expected.. god, those flat planes aren't too bad in 3D but they REALLY are a problem when seeing the 2D level design.

But yeah, the game looks pretty freaking great in some areas, really shaky/blegh in others (and overall, WAY too short). Still looking forward to getting it, and playing it well.

Aha! So Eggman's going for the OVA bot look with the cape then!

I personally enjoyed it a lot, while the ending looked rushed for some, I found it completely normal for Sonic to just want to go to Earth and take a nap after all that, since at the end of Sky Road, Sonic was on the verge of breaking, with Tails about to be brainwashed, Amy, Knuckles and everyone on Earth apparently dead, heck, at Lava Mountain once Eggman died, It wouldn't surprise me if Sonic was indeed trying to KILL the Zeti for all they've done.

And about Eggman showing up out of nowhere, it IS Eggman, he'll take any chances he can. Sonic was probably tired from all those battles, and that would've been easy... If it wasn't for the fact that his robot is weak... Well at least it lasted longer than the Egg Nega Wisp... I think... And that ending of him flying off and making his symbol on the sky after defeated, its going to happen everytime Eggman is the final boss, calling it now.

I'm in the boat that there's gotta be more than that, that almost felt like the fake ending to Sonic and the Black Knight, the whole final boss and sort of rushed ending scenes, some plot strings completely left unexplained (what happens to Lost Hex? They just leave it there? What happened to the Zeti? Why just leave the machine capable of destroying the whole world right there... On the planet with the Zeti, who were using it to destroy the world!?). The worst part is that I actually was kind of enjoying the story for what it was, it was amusing and had a few actually better-than-expected scenes, but then the 'ending' felt so incomplete.

I've got a theory it may have to do something Black Knight related, Black Knight was composed of the same team who made this game so it wouldn't surprise me, but not quite sure what. I'm also suspicious since on the lava map there's a dome that's just kind of... there to the right of the final boss level. I think that's the Badnik Factory that several scenes take place in, but it's highly suspicious to me.

Game does look good though, happy to have pre-ordered. Also it looks like there's a lot of secrets to unlock still, and didn't see a lot of the hidden stages in each world.

Dome to the right of the final stages: 

Dome on the bottom-right: 

olj3.png

Mustacheless Eggman: 

58vh.png

Gerbil Pacman, the True Villain: 

tgx1.png
  • Thumbs Up 2

The StoryBook team didn't write the game, these are new writers. New as in the writers from Colours but now with more control and less restriction. The StoryBook team's last game they developed seperate was Colours and they didn't write that either.

With the way that story ended...I'm sorry but there has to be more hidden. Great story still!