Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

The StoryBook team didn't write the game, these are new writers. New as in the writers from Colours but now with more control and less restriction. The StoryBook team's last game they developed seperate was Colours and they didn't write that either.

I meant designed, not written. I was under the impression Lost Worlds started development right after Colors by the Colors team, but then after Generations was released more full focus from people working on Generations also went into Lost World. This is based on a recent interview with Iizuka, and since the people working on it were the same people who worked on Colors at the core of the team (the people with the idea and concept and the game very much reminds of Colors), that would mean it's the same people who worked on Black Knight and Secret Rings at its core. It could be the end,and that's fine (outside of unlockables and such, with the red rings and hidden stages per world), but something doesn't feel right. And I compare it to Black Knight's ending as that's what the ending felt like, which is also similar to the Erazor Djnn fight in Secret Rings. It's the boss fight from Colors stylized, but digressing it's just thoughts, nothing concrete, and I may be overthinking the dome but it's the only thing like it in any of the stage maps so it strikes me as suspicious.

(here's the interview with Iizuka: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/interview_sega_on_bringing_sonic_lost_world_to_wii_u_and_3ds )

I overall enjoyed the story. I feel like the Deadly Six fate was left rather ambiguous on purpose for us fans to speculate on their future in the games. I think I really wouldn't mind the Deadly Six returning in future games. Not in every single game as the main villains Sonic have to take down, but probably one of those every blue moon type of appearances, and let them continue to grow as villains and develop them more (explain the Zeti pasts, explain their powers, explain why Zik created the Deadly Six and what purpose it served, etc.)

As for the ending, it was fine. I wasn't expecting this game story to 100% answer all our questions, and it was a rather nice ending honestly. Eggman revealed how he was able to fake his own death, Sonic defeat him once more, Eggman leaves, Tails reverse the effects of the machine and restore the life back to their world, and then the friends are reunited and take a breather after all that has happened. Now they (or we) await the next adventure. 

I'm sure I'm in the minority that liked the final boss, but meh. I am happy to know that the amazing mysterious piece of music that played in the 3 minute long Japanese trailer was actually the final boss music! The final boss music is just extremely good! 

Didn't eggman say that he'll return with the Zeti or something? For all we know this could be a set up for a sequel

So basically its a bad Mario Galaxy clone with corny jokes and a final boss straight out of Sonic Colors. And it last about 5 hours, including lots of deaths.

Great

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the fate of the Zeti was left ambiguous to not end up like Shadow, if their reception is good, they'll come back sometime, if not, they won't, so that this won't end up like Shadow, who was supposed to be dead but retconned because he was popular enough, that way Sonic Team has an open door for the Deadly Six, and can use them whenever they want or need.

Didn't eggman say that he'll return with the Zeti or something? For all we know this could be a set up for a sequel

"I'll be back, Sonic. I'll find another conch and the Zeti will be mine once again. Only next time I'll make them stronger!"

It could be a set up to a sequel, but for now, I personally would like the next adventure to be Sonic vs Eggman only just like in Colors. Eggman controlling creatures type of story plot can be used later imo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The third exclusive perhaps?

So basically its a bad Mario Galaxy clone with corny jokes and a final boss straight out of Sonic Colors. And it last about 5 hours, including lots of deaths.

Great

Bad? From the stream, It look really fun, and there wasn't much corny jokes... it actually became pretty dark near the end.

Great

See it's got more in common with the boost games then we initially gave it credit for! *brick'd*

Great

>.> .......Not going to say it.

I wonder how the 3DS verison of the final world will be like.

Great

Pffft! Not even close!

It's trying to be Mario Galaxy, but not nearly as clever or interesting. Going by the actual level design, many parts are built to be counterproductive, cheap, and frustrating. If you move the screen upwards by ascending and then fall down, everything below is now an instant killzone as if it were a pit despite you being there not two seconds ago. More instant deaths exist outside of crushing and pits and many go through invulnerability frames. Enemies are finally dangerous which is great, but the game never tells you what is effective and what isn't. It would have been as simple as a crosshair icon changing, but instead you have to try things until it works. It's unintuitive and doesn't communicate with the player well. Some areas you can die after beating a boss if you end in the wrong place and the game stops taking input. At one point a miniboss shows up and it's unclear what you are supposed to do since its shooting things at you, which you assume will hurt, and the timer is running down. The wisps are awful or one off gimmicks.

It's just this big fake-ass Mario/minigame collection, with the occasional Sonic style stage thrown in like a treat to a hungry dog.

and with a final boss straight out of Colors, its just lazy horseshit

• Thumbs Up 3

I didn't watch the brodcast but I'm watching the ending right now, do Knuckles and Amy do anything of importance?

Also I hear there's a tornado level with a remix of Tails' SA2 vocal theme? Are there any vocal songs in the game, or am I getting my hopes up too high? 

Edit: Holy hell that feels like one rushed ending, please be some sort of Black Knight scenario!

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

It's trying to be Mario Galaxy, but not nearly as clever or interesting. Going by the actual level design, many parts are built to be counterproductive, cheap, and frustrating. If you move the screen upwards by ascending and then fall down, everything below is now an instant killzone as if it were a pit despite you being there not two seconds ago. More instant deaths exist outside of crushing and pits and many go through invulnerability frames. Enemies are finally dangerous which is great, but the game never tells you what is effective and what isn't. It would have been as simple as a crosshair icon changing, but instead you have to try things until it works. It's unintuitive and doesn't communicate with the player well. Some areas you can die after beating a boss if you end in the wrong place and the game stops taking input. At one point a miniboss shows up and it's unclear what you are supposed to do since its shooting things at you, which you assume will hurt, and the timer is running down. The wisps are awful or one off gimmicks.

It's just this big fake-ass Mario/minigame collection, with the occasional Sonic style stage thrown in like a treat to a hungry dog.

and with a final boss straight out of Colors, its just lazy horseshit

And now I got a bad feeling that this topic gonna have two or more pages of people trying to prove you wrong.

Kind of figured this from the beginning. But hey, two or more pages proving this wrong would make me slightly more inclined to try it, so meh.

Guess I'll have to wait for someone to post the cutscenes on youtube. They take forever to load on twitch. : / But, what you've all said about sounds VERY interesting. o.o 

I also just realized lava mountain is structured exactly like how the 3ds versions levels are structured, so we might get that epic lava mountain act 2 music in the 3ds version. If I'm not wrong, act 1 is a boss rush against the first bosses (I missed that part of the stream) and I know act 3 is a boss rush against the last 3 bosses.

I really want to hear that music again. 

As for the final boss, from the picture alone it looks to be the exact same on the 3ds.

That feeling when the most interesting boss in the game is a boss rush consisting of the first three Zeti you already fought.

And now I got a bad feeling that this topic gonna have two or more pages of people trying to prove you wrong.

I think most people have enough time in their hands for other things besides one-sided arguments that amount to nothing, especially from one's who judge the game visually while calling it a day.

Edited by Narukami07

You're seriously going to say this after the boost games.

I don't even know anymore.

Looking through his past history, he doesn't seem fond of the boost games either.

At least the boost games had their own style that was distinctively Sonic. This is...vapid, this is nothing, this is a bunch of half-ass ideas from other, better platformers all rolled into one with a Sonic logo on it.

At least the boost games had their own style that was distinctively Sonic. This is...vapid, this is nothing, this is a bunch of half-ass ideas from other, better platformers all rolled into one with a Sonic logo on it.

.....Sonic Rush would like to have a word with you. :3