Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Definitely loved what I saw! My only complaint is that the final boss seemed too much like a rehash. Other than that I really don't have any issues!

The ending, while bad, is nothing new. They defeated the Deadly Six and Eggman, saved the world, restored it, and went home. They won and went home. Sonic has been doing that since Sonic 1. It is just done differently each game. He rides home on the Tornado, he runs home, he's thrown back up to the surface of the planet and then runs home, he flies home, it's the same ending concept done for years. So what is the problem then?

As for the "cheap level design" I wouldn't say that. Honestly, and no offense to the streamer, it seems like a lot of the deaths were due to human error more than cheap level design. In Lava Mountain 2, when he came up to all of those short rails before the third checkpoint he kept dying because he kept double jumping. I predicted that if he did one jump he'd survive and sure enough he did when he only did one jump. The game is trial and error, not cheap. That one boss where the charging Homing Attack had to be used wasn't cheap. Just confusing.

In my opinion the story is the best I've seen in years, the gameplay looks quite fun and addicting, the replay value looks high, the graphics give me that cartoony Genesis edge I've grown up with, the soundtrack sounds godly, and the simplicity is certainly something that makes this a pick and play game and that I'm all for.

I'm not going to make final judgements until I actually get my hands on the game on the 29th (I pre-ordered both the 3DS and Wii U versions from GameStop) but I really love what I see!

Edited by SSF1991
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sounds incredibly underwhelming... Goodbye day one purchase. Wanting Super Mario 3D World more anyway.

Don't abandon the Brotherhood!

(I need 3D World so badly...)

Edited by Narukami07

Just a heads up people, don't go cancelling purchases because some of the ones who watched everything didn't like, the only opinion you guys should belive is yours, specially since there are a lot of people divided on this game, some like, some doesn't like, if you are in doubt, check it yourself to make your own opinion, or if you don't want to spoil the fun, just play it anyways, maybe you'll end up enjoying it after all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sounds incredibly underwhelming... Goodbye day one purchase. Wanting Super Mario 3D World more anyway.

Best you see/try it for yourself before doing something like that. We're all just so emotional right now

So yea, I can tell this is gonna be one of those games.

Sonic Team just can't win can they.

Actually besides the underwhelming bosses the wisp gimmick and anti climatic ending this game looks like incredibly fun both gameplay and story wise and it might be the best sonic game ever

So basically after letting it simmer in my head, this game is basically a mixture of very impressive and great, and hilariously underwhelming. And that of course is all depending on if the ending was final or not (which it sure looked to be) sooo yeah.

I'm still looking forward to getting this game, but unless there is a hidden ending, my hype's gone down some. A terribly underwhelming endgame and the Colors-esque 2D areas kind of partially killed my hype, but the 3D stages (and half of the 2D stages) plus the great buildup have me still really wanting this.

I'm just worried about the replayability. Besides the bonus stages and collecting red rings, there doesn't seem to be anything else in the game to do. Once again, I hope that's not the case.

Edited by Aspoopkara

You're seriously going to say this after the boost games.

I don't even know anymore.

I'm not trying to defend what was said, but just because you have such an unbelievably low opinion of them doesn't mean there aren't some of us out there who enjoy games like Unleashed and Generations for various reasons.

Implying they are lazy bullshit in comparison isn't really any better.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 6

Best you see/try it for yourself before doing something like that. We're all just so emotional right now

Sorry, but I'm on a gaming budget, and I'm wanting 3D World much much more than Lost World.

So, guys. Let it sink in.

Sonic offed the Deadly Six.

Six villains that were actually given sentience and had individual personalities.

Edited by Indighost Rush

Six villains that were actually given sentience and had individual personalities.

I'm not sure if they died really... Sure, they exploded. 

And Zor uh, drowned in lava. 

But I mean seriously, this is Sonic. I don't think they're dead. Maybe they teleported or something? 

The second half of Sky Road and all of Volcano Mountain and Hidden World from the stream on YouTube:

Its really unclear because we don't even learn what happened to them after those levels. They're just kinda....forgotten.

On a side note I'm currently getting mp3s of all the cutscenes. Not in-level cutscenes, mind you.

I only just finished the first zone and there's already the equivalent of two thirds of Colors' overall cutscenes that have taken place. My goodness there's a lot more story to this game than Colors and Generations put together.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to wonder if they had to axe some content. That ending was really rushed - it was getting really good, too.

I wish!

What I'm doing is just ripping the audio from the videos, more specifically the stream, in the best quality I can find and then editing it, if needed, so it's a bit clearer..

Okay I'm not reading through 23 pages to find out what happened here. I heard their was a livestream, can someone give me a bulletpoint like list of what was revealed and if theres any footage from it can you show me?

Also did Sushi ever come back? and did anyone else get the game? fuck I'm behind...

Okay I'm not reading through 23 pages to find out what happened here. I heard their was a livestream, can someone give me a bulletpoint like list of what was revealed and if theres any footage from it can you show me?

Also did Sushi ever come back? and did anyone else get the game? fuck I'm behind...

http://www.twitch.tv/gurdill63/profile/pastBroadcasts

All of the videos of the Lost Worlds stream, what was revealed? EVERYTHING, THE GAME FROM BEGINING TO END

• Plot got severely real, but kinda fizzled out with the ending
  • Lots and lots of cheap deaths.

That's about it.

It's amazing how the mood changed within a few hours

Hours? Try Seconds, at least on the chat of the Stream, everyone was all ''Oh this is the worst game ever, Sonic is dead, that boss sucked, this game sucks'' then once Hidden Zone Act 2 with Tornado and Belive in Myself showed up, the comments in a second changed to ''NEVERMIND THIS GAME IS EPIC, THE BEST THING EVER DONE ON THE SONIC FRANCHISE''.

And Im not exaggerating... 

I just can't shake how there was no explanation as for why Tails knew about the Lost Hex (nor what he knew of it), the origins to the Deadly Six, what happened to the Deadly Six after their final encounters, no emphasis on how big of a plan it was they were unfolding on the planet below, what their motives were behind doing such a thing, or anything. They literally just left them as generic bad guys with no motives to be bad other than be bad, and Lost Hex was just a doofy spherical/hexagonical planet there for unknown reasons. The ending's battle with Eggman being anticlimactic was the biggest stumble-up.

The character interactions and dialogue were pretty fine, though. I actually enjoyed some of the minor plot twists such as Tails' capture and what followed, the way everyone sort of talked and conversated with one another was nice, actually pretty funny or amusing.

But really, I feel like the lack of explanation as to what's going on really hurt this game's story in a way that almost either makes it one of the series' weakest stories, or shows that there really is an extra hidden chunk of the game we have yet to see.

From what i read and i haven't watched anything from the stream. People seem to like what they saw but they ending was a letdown.

I am not saying that anyone is doing this but personally i won't judge the whole game just because the ending wasn't that big as it was suppposed to be. Also is everything known? Like some secret other than that Bonus level? Like if you get Supe Sonic the game changes or something?

In any case from what i read i think i am gonna really enjoy the game. Also the story is to be A LOT more than the previous games.

So just a letdown at the ending won't do anything bad to me. In a few hours i will be able to play it on my own.

Oh and before i am excited to know that the game is hard towards the ending.