Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

>Sonic Colors lacked parts of the plot.
>Sonic Generations lacked a real plot.

I have a feeling I know what the main issue with these Madworld writers are.

I heard theres ways to contact these guys online and get feedback. once Lost World is fully released, why not just ask them about these plot issues?

After watching it....yeah. This looks pretty good. Now the hidden zones were a major letdown. I was expecting more. But the music, while good, was not what I expected from a Sonic game. Seemed too marioy. And the level design. While I skipped a ton of the stream.....it seemed fair. The last non hidden stage was legit as fuck. EGGMANLAND 2.0 was pure sex. And the final boss theme was good. That guitar was the best thing to come out of it. Sadly it hurts to see how easy it is to take out most of the bosses. 

>Sonic Colors lacked parts of the plot.

>Sonic Generations lacked a real plot.

I have a feeling I know what the main issue with these Madworld writers are.

I heard theres ways to contact these guys online and get feedback. once Lost World is fully released, why not just ask them about these plot issues?

Wasn't the overall plot written within Sonic Team for those 2 games though? I thought Lost World's plot was entirely written by the Madworld writers?

And the video now fully processed, just segment of the stream from earlier, but YouTube'd:

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't the overall plot written within Sonic Team for those 2 games though? I thought Lost World's plot was entirely written by the Madworld writers?

No, while Colors DS was Sonic Team's script, Colors and Generations were Madworld writer's write ups.

Update on the mp3s. I wasn't aware the guy went to Japanese VAs for a little while.

As Gamma would say...this presents a problem.

I'll have to hope for English VAs soon. It shouldn't take too long though considering the game is now out in the UK.

On a side note about 25 cutscenes done so far. And I'm nowhere close to being done yet. Wow.

The MadWorld writers worked over a template that was set for both Colours and Generations, they even said that Lost World is their first time writing the story with no restrictions and having more control on the story/plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

So now I hope guys will stop defending those lazy writers that should have been fired already. The story is just as bad as Colors. The ending was very underwhelming.

As for the gameplay, I can already see how many people are frustrated with level design and other stuff.

Nothing personal, but this all makes me happy. Maybe THIS will make them realize it takes much more that ripping-off Mario to make a great SONIC game.

On a positive not, I was genuinely surprised to see the final Eggman's boss design that was different from the 3DS version. I can honestly say I like it. It's still faaaaaar from the masterpieces of design like Egg Wyvern, Egg Viper or Egg Dragoon but still nice-looking boss.

I also loved Tails' Sa2 theme remix in Tornado bonus levels. But that's it. Everything else is still disgusting to me.

Edited by ArtFenix

So now I hope guys will stop defending those lazy writers that should have been fired already. The story is just as bad as Colors. The ending was very underwhelming.

As for the gameplay, I can already see how many people are frustrated with level design and other stuff.

Nothing personal, but this all makes me happy. Maybe THIS will make them realize it takes much more that ripping-off Mario to make a great SONIC game.

Sorry dude. Nothing personal against you either. I haven't responded to any of your posts why you don't like the game cause i find that completely normal for a person not liking a game whatever their reasons.

BUT you are happy cause the story is underwhelming at the ending? and because in your opinion the level design sucks & the graphics? and because the game isn't for some people's taste? 

So basically you want the game to fail? Is that what you are implying? So they can go back to Generations like graphics and SA2 story like? 

Thats just wrong man. You shouldn't be happy for that....

It's trying to be Mario Galaxy, but not nearly as clever or interesting. Going by the actual level design, many parts are built to be counterproductive, cheap, and frustrating. If you move the screen upwards by ascending and then fall down, everything below is now an instant killzone as if it were a pit despite you being there not two seconds ago. More instant deaths exist outside of crushing and pits and many go through invulnerability frames. Enemies are finally dangerous which is great, but the game never tells you what is effective and what isn't. It would have been as simple as a crosshair icon changing, but instead you have to try things until it works. It's unintuitive and doesn't communicate with the player well. Some areas you can die after beating a boss if you end in the wrong place and the game stops taking input. At one point a miniboss shows up and it's unclear what you are supposed to do since its shooting things at you, which you assume will hurt, and the timer is running down. The wisps are awful or one off gimmicks.

It's just this big fake-ass Mario/minigame collection, with the occasional Sonic style stage thrown in like a treat to a hungry dog.

and with a final boss straight out of Colors, its just lazy horseshit

Absolutely. Speaking of the boss, even his attacks are pretty much the same as is death animation and that firework with Eggman's face.

So basically you want the game to fail? Is that what you are implying? So they can go back to Generations like graphics and SA2 story like?

I am not happy that the story sucked balles yet AGAIN, no. In fact, it really is sad that many people let it slide for the THIRD time! 

I am happy that people finally started to see flaws in this game and there are a LOT of them.

And yes, I want this game to fail. Knowing SEGA and Sonicteam, it's the only way to make them work harder, which proved 06 and Unleashed. That and I hate so many things about this game, you can't imagine. It's only natural for me as a Sonic fan to wish for a better direction in future games, isn't it? You know, lots of people hate S06. Well, I like it but imagine all those people's reactions: I bet they would wish the game failed so they wouldn't have to see anything like that ever again. This is the same.

I hope I answered your question.

Edited by ArtFenix

So now I hope guys will stop defending those lazy writers that should have been fired already. The story is just as bad as Colors. The ending was very underwhelming

That depends, the writers that actually wrote whole story for this game? Or the ones in Japan that actually wrote the whole story for Colors and generations? Not to mention it appears that they made Tails extremely likable in this game. Hell he even put some extra use towards his own tails.

I can semi agree with this...though regardless of popular opinion, gameplay can only be judge by individual people. I can see people breaking the game to have a blast or just having a normal fun play session just like any other Sonic game that people dislike/like greatly.

On a positive not, I was genuinely surprised to see the final Eggman's boss design that was different from the 3DS version. I can honestly say I like it. It's still faaaaaar from the masterpieces of design like Egg Wyvern, Egg Viper or Egg Dragoon but still nice-looking boss.

I also loved Tails' Sa2 theme remix in Tornado bonus levels.

I'll personally take this mech over the Egg Viper.

Well, I like it but imagine all those people's reactions: I bet they would wish the game failed so they wouldn't have to see anything like that ever again. This is the same.

There's an enormous difference between a game that tried to hard to do everything to please everything on a rather tight schedule with horrible direction/terrible planning/bad fanfiction and a game that did things a bit simple but still made certain things work to an extent and actually kept a charm that the other outright threw into a spike pit. Just saying.

Edited by Jetronic

I'm not judging the gameplay until I play it for myself tomorrow.

And I didn't spoil the whole story for myself, I've only seen Windy Hill, Sky Road, and Lava Mountain.

I hope this game does well though, it looks really good.

You know, ArtFenix, if you like 06 which betrays Sonic as a character and yet hate Lost World for keeping things Sonicy then i have to say that you just don't like what Sonic should be.

You can like the adventure games and 06 as much as you want, but if you need crappy anime style plots and bleak art styles to enjoy Sonic games then you need to rethink being a Sonic fan.

The series is done being a mediocre at best pretensious piece of anime fanfiction.

• Thumbs Up 9

Let's agree to disagree. I see much more in S06 than "broken Sonic character and bleak art style". However, I do think it's much better than what I saw in SLoW and by the way, Sonic's character was also damaged in Colors and in SLoW. He's much more of a jerk now and it's clear, so let's not talk about 06 ruining Sonic's character, OK?

All done! 8 cutscenes were Japanese and one is a little incomplete but I can happily confirm that I ripped a grand total of 39 cutscenes from Sonic Lost World videos that are now in mp3 form. I can't recall the last time this many cutscenes were in a Sonic game. Insane!

I won't make it downloadable just yet as I would much rather get those 9 cutscenes dealt with first but it could be done as early as today depending on how quickly English playings of the game, YouTube or live streams on Twitch or whatever, are uploaded and get to that point in time.

In any case it's looking quite promising!

Edited by SSF1991

Tails got better, alright. That's the only thing I can say for sure. Zetis are still one-dimentional plastic clowns, Eggman is....he's fine most of the time. Sonic? He's the same as he was in Generations, which isn't my favorite portrayal of his character. Amy and Knuckles are fillers just like in Generations.

Better?

Tails got better, alright. That's the only thing I can say for sure. Zetis are still one-dimentional plastic clowns, Eggman is....he's fine most of the time. Sonic? He's the same as he was in Generations, which isn't my favorite portrayal of his character. Amy and Knuckles are fillers just like in Generations.

Better?

I didn't say it was perfect, but you're once again going to such extremes just to bash the whole thing when we're finally seeing some progress with these writers.

• Thumbs Up 5

I didn't say it was perfect, but you're once again going to such extremes just to bash the whole thing when we're finally seeing some progress with these writers.

Yeah, let's wait two or three more years to potentially see a decent story.

I'm sorry, I don't think I want to give them chance and wait another 3 years only to be disappointed again. I let it slide in Colors, I brought myself to let it slide in Generations, but this is the end of the line. Good writers can write a great story from the get-go, if they suck, they will still suck even if you give them 5 years to develop.

I have no idea who wrote storybook games but I can assume those were new writers, Know what? They were great and there was no need for slapstic humor about sandwiches, BBBE and other bullshit.

I have no idea who wrote storybook games but I can assume those were new writers, Know what? They were great and there was no need for slapstic humor about sandwiches, BBBE and other bullshit.

Cartoony characters doing slapstick? OMG that almost never happens!

Also how is this great writing?:

Melodramatic promise ftw.

Also:

I'd say this ending is far worse. The handkerchiefs are the corniest thing in the series, not to mention nothing about this feels like the classics in any way.

Yeah, let's wait two or three more years to potentially see a decent story.

I'm game. They might be even better next time.

I'm sorry, I don't think I want to give them chance and wait another 3 years only to be disappointed again. I let it slide in Colors, I brought myself to let it slide in Generations, but this is the end of the line. Good writers can write a great story from the get-go, if they suck, they will still suck even if you give them 5 years to develop.

Well, you're not the only fan here who gets a say on the new writers, and you have a lot more people against your say.

Last I heard, Colors and Generations wasn't a plot of their doing, just something they wrote the english script. And good writers can only write a great story when you don't hold them tight with a leash like they did with those previous games. This game is the one game where that leash came off, and most people here see a lot more improvement here compared to their previous attempts you keep bashing them for.

Now if you don't like it, fine. But speak for your own damn self instead of telling people to stop defending these new writers because you hate them.

Yeah, and they had some poor endings with the hankerchiefs at the end of Secret Rings. I don't hear you holding that shit against them. I'm more convinced you're looking for the smallest excuse to discredit these new writers.

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah, and they had some poor endings with the hankerchiefs at the end of Secret Rings. I don't hear you holding that shit against them. I'm more convinced you're looking for the smallest excuse to discredit these new writers.

Secret Rings has shitty melodrama and plotholes like 06 had, so it appeals to him more than a sincere and coeherent story.