Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Just say that you want Sonic to be as childish as possible. No melodramatic moments, no characters crying, no raging, nothing. Just sandwithces, BBBE and fighting appleas and other fruits. Since Unleashed games have becoming progressively childish.

I just want Sonic to have that edgy look he used to have up until Colors.

You may not reply to this post. It seems we have completely opposite views on what the series should be and who it should be aimed for.

Just say that you want Sonic to be as childish as possible. No melodramatic moments, no characters crying, no raging, nothing. Just sandwithces, BBBE and fighting appleas and other fruits. Since Unleashed games have becoming progressively childish.

Or you could just keep strawmaning us and missing our points? Why, or rather how, is it that having some cartoony elements in a cartoon automatically mean we want Sonic to be as childish as possible?

Seriously, how many times do I have to say these things aren't black and white?

EDIT: And I'm really starting to think you haven't seen any of the cutscenes when people flat out describe how serious things get the further into the plot and how much more worried Sonic becomes over his friends.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just caught up with most of the stream footage...

The ending was probably the single most "is that it?" moment I've ever had in a game! The rest looks pretty fun though, can't argue with that at all!

Sonic was breaking down throughout the 3rd part of the game, like he's lost everything we haven't seen that since sonic 06

Let's agree to disagree. I see much more in S06 than "broken Sonic character and bleak art style". However, I do think it's much better than what I saw in SLoW and by the way, Sonic's character was also damaged in Colors and in SLoW. He's much more of a jerk now and it's clear, so let's not talk about 06 ruining Sonic's character, OK?

Its like you're trying to hate everything about this game...

I mean, I'm not entirely enamoured with this game as other people are, but goddamn. 

And there is always something with you and Stories. Whilst, I'm not going to comment much on the fact that you somehow prefer Sonic in 06 than you do here, as you're entitled to that opinion, as much as it confuses me, but I will ask why.

Saying he's a jerk and a broken character doesn't mean anything. Why do you feel that way about his character in this game? I know I could provide endless reasoning as to why I think Sonic's character in 06 is fucking terrible. As such I expect you; in this place of discussion, to at least be able to justify your standing.

And one last thing. These writers, probably didn't write the story. They probably wrote the script to a story, that was most likely devised by Sonic Team, when they were conceptualising the gameplay. If you want to blame anyone for the story, blame Sonic Team. If you're talking script, then go ahead and blame the writers.

Calm down there with the strawmen... They're pretty easy to burn down.

If you're going to try to argue an opinion, at least do it properly. Insulting our intelligence isn't a good idea.

You may not reply to this post.

The fuck is this supposed to mean? This is a FORUM. Where we come to DISCUSS.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 6

Hey, I'll take Lost World's story over 06 and ShTH's 'stories' any fuckth of the century. This is probably the best story in a Sonic game since Adventure, sure the plot fizzles out a bit at the end but at least the story it had was well written.

Anyone notice how there's usually a cutscene after a stage (with the exception of a few)?

I like this.

Edited by Wil348
  • Thumbs Up 1

... I honestly love this ending. Eggman gets beat, goes away comickally, Sonic solves everything and chillaxes, Eggman loses half his moustache.

• Thumbs Up 7

I like the ending too, it was just a little bit disappointing, that's all.

The story gets 4.5 stars from me. That means excellent.

... I honestly love this ending. Eggman gets beat, goes away comickally, Sonic solves everything and chillaxes, Eggman loses half his moustache.

Underwhelming as fuck, which is a shame, because the rest of it is actually pretty damn good.

EDIT:

It really bothers me that Sky Road is a Hilltop Zone-esque recolour of Windy Hill, but with a different background...

Edited by Scar

Underwhelming as fuck, which is a shame, because the rest of it is actually pretty damn good.

EDIT:

It really bothers me that Sky Road is a Hilltop Zone-esque recolour of Windy Hill, but with a different background...

To be fair, that's only one level in Sky Road. The other four are composed of a Japanese-style stage with giant dragon robots, a Sky Chase-esque stage with Sonic free-falling, the Desert Ruin rip-off with the Stormy background change, and the hidden stage composed entirely of cubes. I'm honestly not too bothered about it as the rest of the game provides more variety than almost any other entry in the series to shake things up per zone.

Edited by Agent York

Guys, I just realized that Eggman's terrific strength like punching down walls in one blow is now considered canon. Because the strength was getting sapped from him, it took longer as referenced by Orbot.

Saw the ending. God did I want to punch Sonic's lights out. "Conquer your face." Really? Is that the best the writers could do or are they just showing us as a joke how lame Sonic's choice for sound quips are?

Eggman however doesn't seem so epic with the ending. Like Saturday morning cartoon bad after the boss fight (not the moustache part.)

I'm bouncing around the cutscenes so it will take me a while to find out what is happening. Eggman so far doesn't seem so epic as how the writers were trying to put him.

Edit: God, I hate Tails even more after seeing this game. He's a huge dick.

Edited by Scheming Minor

Guys, I just realized that Eggman's terrific strength like punching down walls in one blow is now considered canon. Because the strength was getting sapped from him, it took longer as referenced by Orbot.

Saw the ending. God did I want to punch Sonic's lights out. "Conquer your face." Really? Is that the best the writers could do or are they just showing us as a joke how lame Sonic's choice for sound quips are?

Eggman however doesn't seem so epic with the ending. Like Saturday morning cartoon bad after the boss fight (not the moustache part.)

I'm bouncing around the cutscenes so it will take me a while to find out what is happening. Eggman so far doesn't seem so epic as how the writers were trying to put him.

Edit: God, I hate Tails even more after seeing this game. He's a huge dick.

Not being trusted by your best friend will do that.

I wasn't a fan of Tails' personality at first, but seriously, he has really developed into his own character, and I love it. This game is basically about how Tails was right and how he saved the planet.

Edited by Indighost Rush

Cutscene update:

How Pollock says "YOU." Just...that part had me in tears. "Who are you calling the fat one?"

"YOU."

The way he says it...OMG.

Also Zomzom hitting Sonic in the head with the sandwich. We need more of that.

And Orbot you traitor. You rose your hand.

So far the writing seems better than usual.  Deadly Six do have personalities, some fleshed out more than others, some just dumbly stereotypical.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't a fan of Tails' personality at first, but seriously, he has really developed into his own character, and I love it. This game is basically about how Tails was right and how he saved the planet.

And yet, he's still not fucking playable.

• Thumbs Up 5

You may not reply to this post. It seems we have completely opposite views on what the series should be and who it should be aimed for.

You want badly written fanfiction that takes itself too seriously? No thanks, i'd take SLW's underwhelming ending (yes even the final boss boss) over the tired down Monster of the Week bosses like Erazor, Time Eater, and Solaris.

And no, plenty of people are allowed to reply and counter-argue with your post,like Scar said, its a forum. If you cannot handle opinions of the opposing side then why even bother coming here? Seriously ArtFenix not cool at all.

Only watched the ending because I am busy, but the last part of the ending was fucking hilarious, it´s like: "HEY GUISE I SAVED THE WORLD COOL NOW LET ME SIT ON THE GRASS"

On the other hand, I really hate Tails in this game. It´s very nice that he can do things by himself, but the writers made him too cocky.

Edited by Ristar
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am not happy that the story sucked balles yet AGAIN, no. In fact, it really is sad that many people let it slide for the THIRD time! 

I am happy that people finally started to see flaws in this game and there are a LOT of them.

And yes, I want this game to fail. Knowing SEGA and Sonicteam, it's the only way to make them work harder, which proved 06 and Unleashed. That and I hate so many things about this game, you can't imagine. It's only natural for me as a Sonic fan to wish for a better direction in future games, isn't it? You know, lots of people hate S06. Well, I like it but imagine all those people's reactions: I bet they would wish the game failed so they wouldn't have to see anything like that ever again. This is the same.

I hope I answered your question.

What+the+fuck+am+I+reading.jpg

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 3

You may not reply to this post.

I just did :P

Anyway, I really like how Tails has become snarky, makes him less of just a sidekick and more of an equal to Sonic. I like this.

Late to the party I know, I've been kinda trying to avoid spoilers but after hearing about this several times I couldn't not watch this.

Curiosity also got the better of me and I ended up google-translating the convo between Sonic and Zazz.

Zazz: "I'm itching to give him a good beating!"
Sonic: " You're itching because you need a good bath!"
Zazz:"Hey you! You're not trying to put me down!?"
Sonic:"Possibly."
Zazz:" I'll destroy you, you'll see!"
Eggman: "It would have made me happy to see you cut to pieces, but I have a lot of work ahead of me."
Zazz:" You know what? I know the perfect place for you arrange the portrait."
Sonic:"It's funny, I know the perfect place for you to stick it."

Not disappointed.

Also not sure what 'Zazz means by 'portrait'- he definitely says it, it's the same word in both languages.

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 1

Late to the party I know, I've been kinda trying to avoid spoilers but after hearing about this several times I couldn't not watch this.

Curiosity also got the better of me and I ended up google-translating the convo between Sonic and Zazz.

Zazz: "I'm itching to give him a good beating!"

Sonic: " You're itching because you need a good bath!"

Zazz:"Hey you! You're not trying to put me down!?"

Sonic:"Possibly."

Zazz:" I'll destroy you, you'll see!"

Eggman: "It would have made me happy to see you cut to pieces, but I have a lot of work ahead of me."

Zazz:" You know what? I know the perfect place for you arrange the portrait."

Sonic:"It's funny, I know the perfect place for you to stick it."

Not disappointed.

Also not sure what 'Zazz means by 'portrait'- he definitely says it, it's the same word in both languages.

From the English version. 

"I know the perfect spot to take care of you"

"That's funny, because I know the perfect spot to kick you"

hint: his ass

Tails got better, alright. That's the only thing I can say for sure. Zetis are still one-dimentional plastic clowns, Eggman is....he's fine most of the time. Sonic? He's the same as he was in Generations, which isn't my favorite portrayal of his character.

Stop right there. If you honestly think Sonic's the same as he was in Generations, you obviously haven't been paying attention.

And as for the Zeti, well some are actually quite fleshed out.

But back to Sonic, he's reached a much more balanced level of characterization, as he actually acknowledges his shortcomings, acts at least 125% more humble than Generations, doesn't go with the snarky "I always win routine" and actually acts a hell of a lot more relatable than before! Emotions are on an all time high in this game and I daresay this story rivals that of Sonic Adventure 2!

Alas, final judgement still comes when I see this game in full, because I only glimpsed small snippets of the livestream; no excessive spoilers for me!

Edited by Jovahexeon
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't think it's worth trying to reason with ArtFenix guys, just continue discussing the game. If he wants to stir trouble, that's for the mods to sort out, but I quite frankly want to discuss the game.

• Thumbs Up 1