Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

So here's the Nightmare DLC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1R4eTOD8w

It's, lazier then what I was expecting.

So it disappears after you beat it? I- I don't even know...

Edited by Balding Spider

Wow, the streaming dude rage-quitted and plopped in Generations 3DS while claiming SLW 3DS is worse than Sonic 06....

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I really got the feeling that he was just really bad at the game. I mean, the snowball switch puzzle confused him. Took him forever to get: put snowball on switch, capsules open. 

The bit where he rage quit... I SAW HOW TO GET THROUGH IT.

I'm going to wait until I play before I judge too much... but I think it's easy to see when somebody is bad at a game, and in turn they claim the game is bad rather than blaming themself.

• Thumbs Up 4

I haven't really seen many of the cutscenes, rather snippets due to lagginess last night. Just re-watching them.

And lordy! Cubot and Orbot are STILL freakin' amazing. I really do love it how Sonic is showing a lot more dimension than he did in Colours and Gens. Going to keep watching to get the lowdown on Sonic-Eggman-Tails interactions.

So here's the Nightmare DLC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1R4eTOD8w It's, lazier then what I was expecting. So it disappears after you beat it? I- I don't even know...

Not what I was expecting but it looks fun makes you wonder if they will ever make another NiGHTS game in the near future. As for it disappearing after you beat it sounds lame especially since they encourage us to get that version

Wow, the streaming dude rage-quitted and plopped in Generations 3DS while claiming SLW 3DS is worse than Sonic 06....

That part of the level where he was stuck wasn´t even that hard, there was a moving platform right below him which could have done things more easier.

Edited by Ristar

There is another live stream going on close to the beginning of the game if anyone cares. It's in high quality but if you have weaker internet it might be laggy because there are no quality adjustment settings.

http://www.twitch.tv/infernoblast32

Edited by Chooch

Started playing SLW. Just kicked Zazz's butt in Act2 of Windy Hill. I love how he tornts Sonic before the fight. The controls are quite easy to pick up. I'm really liking what I've played so far.

It's....interesting how insecure Tails seems to be regarding his perceived usefulness to Sonic, becoming rather grumpy because he believes Sonic trusts Eggman more than him. Am I missing something or did that come out of nowhere?

It's....interesting how insecure Tails seems to be regarding his perceived usefulness to Sonic, becoming rather grumpy because he believes Sonic trusts Eggman more than him. Am I missing something or did that come out of nowhere?

Yeah it's funny how sometime ago people half-joked about there being some tension between Sonic and Tails regarding Sonic's decisions getting the both of them in this trouble in the first place, but trusting Eggman is indeed interesting as well. Though I have yet to see the cutscenes, I can only imagine them working it out by the end.

Edited by DarkLight

It came out of the idea that characters should actually have character.
  • Thumbs Up 4

It came out of the idea that characters should actually have character.

I'm more of the mind that characters should have believable reasons for the way they act. All I asked was whether or not this behavior has precedence in a previous cutscene.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel its because Sonic is willing to trust their Arch Enemy over his best friend, in which case Tails isn't entirely unjustified. Tails has always been secure knowing that Sonic can always rely on him so when that isn't the case, obviously Tails isn't going to be happy with it. That's my interpretation anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more of the mind that characters should have believable reasons for the way they act.

Tails looks up to Sonic. He wants to be useful to him. He's Sonic's genius sidekick. Now this sleazy other genius is elbowing in on his territory, and Sonic is allowing it.

That's a pretty believable reason in my book.

• Thumbs Up 8

Agreed. Looking at it that way, it does feel pretty believable.

I have to say, I am pretty impressed from what I've watched so far. Eggman is actually pretty threatening when he's pissed off. Gotta love how his greater than average strength is displayed when he pounds on that ice screen and destroys it :D

Some people say the ending comes out of nowhere, but I actually think it's pretty clever, when you think about it.

Why did Eggman save Sonic's life? Because he still needed Sonic to defeat the Zeti. They can override his machines, after all, so he needed them out of his way before he could take his mech and go conquer the now-ruined world. Faking his death and allowing Sonic to proceed - knowing he'd defeat Zavok - was actually pretty clever on his part. With the Zeti out of the way, he only had Sonic to deal with.

Some people might compare it to the Time Eater in terms of "Oh, Eggman's suddenly the boss out of nowhere," but this one was much better-explained and actually demonstrates Eggman's cunning in a really neat way. (It's too bad that - from a gameplay stance - the boss was way on the easy side, but eh).

Really, considering Eggman's entire plan was ruined after losing his conch, and that he subsequently lost the Zeti, his Eggmobile, and all his Badniks, he improvised an impressive backup scheme on the fly, and managed to take the final boss position in a believable way.

Needless to say, I'm pleased.

Edited by Count Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 8

Ah! So it's Sonic who comes out with the genocide line.

Bet no one guessed that one!

And wow, it is pretty interesting how Eggman saved Tails from Cubot. I once again LOL'd at the poor Fox getting body-slammed by nearly 300lbs of mad scientist laugh.png He was faster than Sonic!

Some people say the ending comes out of nowhere, but I actually think it's pretty clever, when you think about it.

Why did Eggman save Sonic's life? Because he still needed Sonic to defeat the Zeti. They can override his machines, after all, so he needed them out of his way before he could take his mech and go conquer the now-ruined world. Faking his death and allowing Sonic to proceed - knowing he'd defeat Zavok - was actually pretty clever on his part. With the Zeti out of the way, he only had Sonic to deal with.

Some people might compare it to the Time Eater in terms of "Oh, Eggman's suddenly the boss out of nowhere," but this one was much better-explained and actually demonstrates Eggman's cunning in a really neat way. (It's too bad that - from a gameplay stance - the boss was way on the easy side, but eh).

Really, considering Eggman's entire plan was ruined after losing his conch, and that he subsequently lost the Zeti, his Eggmobile, and all his Badniks, he improvised an impressive backup scheme on the fly, and managed to take the final boss position in a believable way.

Needless to say, I'm pleased.

I actually do agree with this. Its not so much Eggman being the final boss comes out of nowhere, its that when its revealed he doesn't really capitalize; I mean he shows up after everything is said and done and then just fights Sonic for the boss fight. It would have been far better if he at least was able to get his revenge on the Zeti.

IF anything, the rushed ending seriously hurts Eggman because he's never able to capitalize. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually do agree with this. Its not so much Eggman being the final boss comes out of nowhere, its that when its revealed he doesn't really capitalize; I mean he shows up after everything is said and done and then just fights Sonic for the boss fight. It would have been far better if he at least was able to get his revenge on the Zeti.

IF anything, the rushed ending seriously hurts Eggman because he's never able to capitalize. 

I believe this was the only part out of the cutscenes that I did miss through the stream. I have no clue what happened to the Zeti except hearing from you guys that "Sonic killed them."

I'm going to have to re-evaluate them and watch them again to pick up on the finer details, however.