Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

So the fight against Zavok in Lava Mountain 3 is...something.

You run into him (first thing he says for the battle is "it's time to end this" or something lke that. You're pretty much doing the same method all game, just homing attacking him when he was vulnerable.

However he goes into a second form by using his "full strength" as he calls it. All it means is he grows to a giant size and tries to get you to screw up your platforming skills and fall on top of him. My eyes weren't looking when he went down but judging by the lava that I recall being below him I think it's safe to say what his fate was.

For the source I saw it streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/megagwolf

Edited by SSF1991

Say, is there a list of all the cutscenes in English I can watch? I don't have a Wii-U, but I'd like to experience the story.

It turns out my predictions were right. I got the last cutscene ripped from a video into an mp3 and now all I've located all the cutscenes with English VAs and they're now available in pure mp3 audio in their entirety!

It's 31-32 MB. Just do the free download. It shouldn't take TOO long depending on your internet speed! Oh yeah, I did give each cutscene a custom name for better identifcation. I'm sure they're not the official names of the cutscenes but hey, they'll do I guess, right?

Enjoy. smile.png

http://www.4shared.com/rar/pQ_cTOJp/Sonic_Cutscenes_-_Sonic_Lost_W.html

If you really want video, though, it seems this YouTuber has been uploading them based on zone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGamingMasterGuys

Edited by SSF1991

Oh    my    god.

Sonic sarcasm in this cutscene at 4:34 is totally awesome. The lines, the delivery...

... are perfect.

• Thumbs Up 3

This game. This fucking game.

Yes. YES.

This game epitomizes everything that I felt Colors left to be desired. (Not trying to rip on Colors, by the way - just pointing out how much I think the writers built up their talents from there.) The character interactions between Sonic and Tails, Sonic and Eggman, and even Tails and Eggman were fantastic.

I'm too ridiculously hyped-up to actually say much right now, and I have SO much more to break down than just this, but; I really adored that cutscene when Orbot said he wanted to be Sonic's sidekick, and the reason why was essentially that he admires the hedgehog's determination and compassion for Tails. "Tails is lucky." Yes, Orbot, I'd agree that he is. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh if only Generations' story had been half as good as this one is turning out to be. Seriously, this may just end up being one of my favorite stories in the series - it's that good

• Thumbs Up 2

I just find it really intriguing and gives Sonic depth when he acts severely put-out when his speed doesn't suffice in certain situations. What is also highly commendable is the way Sonic admits culpability and how much it blows that his impulsiveness complicated matters especially when he admits this to Tails when the fox comes out with his discontent about Eggman's involvement with them.

About time Sonic had a thread of vulnerability and such, took the ramifications of his impulsiveness to heart.

This game man...

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh    my    god.

Sonic sarcasm in this cutscene at 4:34 is totally awesome. The lines, the delivery...

... are perfect.

I know if I were to say that even if I was joking I'd get slapped but i digress. Looking at this game makes me wonder why we haven't gotten a mario and sonic platformer yet

If you look at Tails during the end of the "We Know!" cutscene, you can actually see him performing a gesture of waving two of his fingers over his head as if he's saying "Hey there.". Man, those subtle animations in cutscenes are irresistible. 

Guys... Remember that Circus minigame I said you controlled both Sonic AND Tails on that Trampoline thing? On Sky Road there's a minigame just like that... Only with Cubot's Head instead of Tails

• Thumbs Up 6

Gushing again but Sonic's body language and expression when Orbot asks to be his sidekick was classic and well-done

zMUen7p.png

No one can replace his little bro!

• Thumbs Up 8

This is a terrible time to be out of likes...sad.png

Oh    my    god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5dLgfHxUcQ

... are perfect.

Indeed. I thought it was hilarious that Zeena actually thought that Sonic cared about her whining about messing up her nail polish and didn't even catch Sonic's sarcasm at first. Speaking of sarcasm, Tails takes his crack at it towards Dr. Eggman in the cutscene starting at 11:28. Looks like Sonic's tendencies are rubbing off on his little brother. tongue.png

There was so much going on in that cutscene and I just loved the interaction between everyone. Amid the banter, the conversations, jabs and interactions between Sonic, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Orbot and Cubot just felt normal. Then Dr. Eggman saves Tails from getting crushed by the robot with Cubot and then Sonic freed Cubot from being under the robot. I just loved Cubot's genuine apology after Sonic set him free. And that "scolding" from Sonic to Tails-that higher-pitched tone full of worry that Roger gave Sonic was perfect and was very paternal/big brother-like. It sounds like Sonic was freaked out over the matter. And of course Tails was very sorry and you couldn't help to feel bad for him as all Tails wanted to do was help Cubot out, which speaking positively about Tails' character in itself.  

Overall, another fine cutscene full of so much good things! This game's script, along with its cutscenes, character interaction and characterization has been incredible and a real joy to discover and watch. As I've only seen just a few cutscenes at this point, I can't wait to see what other treasures the script contains, especially along the lines of characterization.  

• Thumbs Up 7

I love how Orbot is something of a mix between his Unleashed self and Colors self; he's very much displeased with Eggman, but still..."nice" about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

So... I've ignored most of the spoilers up to this point, but I caved and watched the final boss (Wii U). Am I the only one that noticed that the final boss is essentially a modernized Black Eggman / Metal Robotnik from the OVA? I thought that was pretty cool. Looking forward to it when I get the 3DS version on the 29th!

Edited by Dark Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 3

So... I've ignored most of the spoilers up to this point, but I caved and watched the final boss. Am I the only one that noticed that the final boss is essentially a modernized Black Eggman / Metal Robotnik from the OVA? I thought that was pretty cool. Looking forward to it when I get the 3DS version on the 29th!

I know right! I spotted that too!

• Thumbs Up 1