Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Favourite Line per deadly six:

Zazz: 'What you gonna do if your world dies oh wait you're going to die too ha ha'

Zavok: 'Well that was easy I almost felt guilty'

Zor:

Zik: 'If this is school then class is in session'

Zeena 'Gotta go call me'

Zomom 'Who you calling a fatty'

My favorite lines:

Zazz: IM GONNA MESS YOU AAUP!!

Zomom: Who you callin fatty?

Master Zik: Your lesson starts naow..

Zeena: You broke my nail!

Zor: I have high expectations for everything but wait, who really cares..

Zavok: LAY DOWN & DIE

I can not tell you how widely I grinned when I reached Hidden World Zone 2.

BELIEVE IN MYSELF, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY, FOR MEEEEEEE~

Anywho, GamesRadar have a mostly complete Red Ring guide up. Also loving the Sonic Dash style missions, gives me something else to do!

• Thumbs Up 1

"I'm supposed to be the fastest. But I was too slow to save my buddy."

This line. 

This freaking line.

The delivery is wonderful. Just from the tone of his voice can you tell that Sonic actually does feel horrible for not being able to save Tails in time. Roger, you've done well giving Sonic some wonderful emotional rane in this game. And the line itself? How he is expressing actual guilt and culpability? Brilliant. Sonic actually admiting his flaws has been something his character has been sorely lacking until now. 

Lost World, your writing continues to impress me.

Keep it up.

This game has what Unleashed copiously lacks; Sonic's acknowledgment and reaction to how his impulsiveness bit him in the ass and was the catalyst for much badness.

It's also highly commendable for how it goes into more than just that. Sonic genuinely agonizes over his abilities being unable to prevent bad things from happening ie the Tails captured in the capsule scene. I think the only thing that could've made that a touch better is Sonic acknowledging that his impulsiveness once again has caused something bad to happen but it's a very solid scene with solid characterization nonetheless.

I feel so sorry for him here, when the loneliness and concern for his allies/friends fates begins to sink in;

2m3gt9x.png

We're seeing a more vulnerable, human side to Sonic, something that's been largely lacking since SatSR. And it's great.

• Thumbs Up 7

Never have I laughed at a Sonic game line than this one.

Eggman: I'm a complicated guy.

• Thumbs Up 9

This game has what Unleashed copiously lacks; Sonic's acknowledgment and reaction to how his impulsiveness bit him in the ass and was the catalyst for much badness.

It's also highly commendable for how it goes into more than just that. Sonic genuinely agonizes over his abilities being unable to prevent bad things from happening ie the Tails captured in the capsule scene. I think the only thing that could've made that a touch better is Sonic acknowledging that his impulsiveness once again has caused something bad to happen but it's a very solid scene with solid characterization nonetheless.

I feel so sorry for him here, when the loneliness and concern for his allies/friends fates begins to sink in;

We're seeing a more vulnerable, human side to Sonic, something that's been largely lacking since SatSR. And it's great.

Indeed. It's been said a lot already, but the range in Sonic's emotions is incredible in this game. Sonic actually being shaken up a bit by the fact that he wasn't fast enough and his impulsiveness unleashing devastating consequences speaks to me. Coupled with how Roger delivers his lines really drives the lonely feeling home.

Shame this cutscene in particular isn't in the 3DS version too, but what can ya do. A solid few were cut out anyways.

• Thumbs Up 2

My favorite lines:

Zazz: IM GONNA MESS YOU AAUP!!

Zomom: Who you callin fatty?

Master Zik: Your lesson starts naow..

Zeena: You broke my nail!

Zor: I have high expectations for everything but wait, who really cares..

Zavok: LAY DOWN & DIE

Oh, right. I forgot about these.

Zazz: "Where're you gonna live when your world dies? Oh WAIT. YOU'RE gonna die too!"

Zomom: "That's THREE words! *smacks with sandwich*

Master Zik: "The student has become the master."

Zeena:"Gotta go, call me!"

Zor: "When I smile, it hurts my face. When I hurt your face, I smile. So, in the end, I'm only hurting myself."

Zavok:"Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you just accept that, lie down, and DIE?!"

Oh, right. I forgot about these.

Zazz: "Where're you gonna live when your world dies? Oh WAIT. YOU'RE gonna die too!"

Zomom: "That's THREE words! *smacks with sandwich*

Master Zik: "The student has become the master."

Zeena:"Gotta go, call me!"

Zor: "When I smile, it hurts my face. When I hurt your face, I smile. So, in the end, I'm only hurting myself."

Zavok:"Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you just accept that, lie down, and DIE?!"

LOLOLOLOL Zor's line is soo damn funny, I fucked up that Zavok line but its pretty much Lie Down & Die! Then we got Master Zik's line; The student has become the master, why is Master Zik such an asian/japenese stereotype, he sounds like fucking Mr. Miyagi

Well, just collected my last red star ring and...

Yep, Super Sonic who is just as nerfed as he is in Generations, his top speed is faster but some inherent reason his parkour is slower, and a remix of the Wonder World theme plays instead of the Sonic 4 Super Sonic jingle (Thank GOD)

It's cool, but it's not worth the trouble of getting all the hard to get red rings.

You can't use him in mach speed sections either, and he doesn't have an end of level animation, he reverts back to Sonic to do his normal victory stance, you can however use him in boss fights!

Literally just stood still and Zazz killed himself by running into me, since Super is invincible, got a laugh out of me.

Edited by Super SpOoOokio
  • Thumbs Up 1

I kinda feel a bit sorry for the Zeti in that they were minding their own business and then some fat guy they don't know enslaves them and then they get beaten into uncertain death by a blue hedgehog after they try to take back their planet

yeah they were a bunch of hostile one-dimensional pricks who stole the life energy from earth and then tried to make tails into an evil robot who in a sense had it coming to them, but the fact that they likely died kinda makes me feel a tad sympathetic for them, i otherwise wouldn't if they were shown to have just fainted from/weakened by their final battle by sonic. add to that the zeti probably would had never known about sonic's world or would had been able to suck the life out of it had it not been for eggman

Also as nice as it was to see them again, I honestly think the story could had been written without Amy and Knuckles and nothing (major) would had changed in terms of plot points. As for emotional weight, arguably Knuckles was unneeded as it was mostly Amy communicating with sonic from their home planet with the miles electric. at the very least, this is how i see it based off the cutscenes i've watched.

So, has anyone collected all the animals yet?

You can collect a maximum of 9999 animals, and you get a new helicopter for getting 9000, at least I did.

Well, just collected my last red star ring and...

Yep, Super Sonic who is just as nerfed as he is in Generations, his top speed is faster but some inherent reason his parkour is slower, and a remix of the Wonder World theme plays instead of the Sonic 4 Super Sonic jingle (Thank GOD)

It's cool, but it's not worth the trouble of getting all the hard to get red rings.

You can't use him in mach speed sections either, and he doesn't have an end of level animation, he reverts back to Sonic to do his normal victory stance, you can however use him in boss fights!

Literally just stood still and Zazz killed himself by running into me, since Super is invincible, got a laugh out of me.

I didn't notice the parkour being any slower.  Super Sonic certainly isn't nerfed here.  For one, he gains boost over spindash which is significantly faster and doesn't need revving.  His rings also count down at the right speed comparative to Generations where they counted down to quickly (as well as being able to attract rings towards him as if he had an electric shield).  You're also able to activate Wisps but it cancels the super transformation.  This Super Sonic is way more worthwhile than both the Colours and Generations Super Sonic imo.

You can collect a maximum of 9999 animals, and you get a new helicopter for getting 9000, at least I did.

Dang, was hoping for a secret ending. Guess that was a little too much to hope for though. 

Really?  Because I'm looking at 11,570 on my map screen.  Unless you mean at one time?

Really?  Because I'm looking at 11,570 on my map screen.  Unless you mean at one time?

Sorry I missed a "9" off my post :P

I disagree about Super Sonic, he does feel slow when parkouring, and Sonic doesn't lose speed with his Spindash either? You just hold the LR trigger down and he continues on like a trooper.

I don't know, kind of sick of Super Sonic being the only reward in these games, he isn't even needed to be honest.

The problem with Super Sonic lately is that he's not as useful as before, on the classics, you could unlock him in the middle of your run, instead of having to complete the story first then unlocking it, so if you had any problems on later levels, SUPAH SAWNEEK, and then you'd be able to overcome any problems on the levels, here, you already did everything, so the Super Form has no use.

It would be nice to be able to unlock him again in the middle of the storymode, not after finishing it.

Sorry I missed a "9" off my post tongue.png

I disagree about Super Sonic, he does feel slow when parkouring, and Sonic doesn't lose speed with his Spindash either? You just hold the LR trigger down and he continues on like a trooper.

I don't know, kind of sick of Super Sonic being the only reward in these games, he isn't even needed to be honest.

I'm not talking about losing speed whilst spindashing.  I know you can sustain the spindash (I've known since before the game's release).  I'm talking about the boost generally being faster than the spindash.  

Still not seeing it, to be fair I haven't spindashed with Super Sonic though, just tried him out in a few windy hill levels, I like how slow he loses rings, and the invincibility goes without saying, but he still feels un-needed when you've done everything in the game.

You know that one cutscene where Tails and Sonic argue about whether Sonic trusts Eggman or not. For some reason, this keeps really making me want a Tails boss fight. Imagine if Eggman controlled him sucessfully in Colours or after robotisiation, the Deadly Six managed to tap into the anger. Of course, Tails won't do it by himself but yeah.

This story and cutscene is amazing. A lot of good characterisation but I just wished it continued and carried over instead of kinda resolving itself every time before the respective cutscene ends.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ugh, how do you beat Zavok? I beat him to the edge every tme, but when he starts to struggle, none of my attacks seems to work.

Well, since this is a spoiler topic and all, I assume most seen the cutscenes, but did anybody else draw this comparison?

I'll still tag it just to be safe, I guess.

Tails on the right is from Fleetway's second issue.

This is more than likely coincidence but still, it caught my attention.

mechat10.jpg

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thumbs Up 2