Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Hidden World is kind of fascinating. It's clear it's leftover ideas but at the same time I find it kind of interesting that such a bizarre level exists in the Lost Hex, which otherwise seemed like a very lush and lively world.

It makes me think more about just what kind of world Lost Hex is. While it could be explored more, I'm at the same time kind of happy that they didn't. It's a bit of an interesting world that keeps the game afloat and is left to audience interpretation. Reminds me of Wind Waker and how the central object really has almost nothing to do with the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

One curious thing about Super Sonic, is that he can attract rings all the time.

Edit: Ooops no he doesn't, my mistake.

Edited by Ratcicle King

Seems a few of the missions are broken. When I climb ledges, as the mission asks, the counter doesn't rise. Same goes for running or climbing across the ceiling. 

...though literally as I posted this I got the ceiling one. Odd.

Edited by Tracker

Hidden World is kind of fascinating. It's clear it's leftover ideas but at the same time I find it kind of interesting that such a bizarre level exists in the Lost Hex, which otherwise seemed like a very lush and lively world.

It makes me think more about just what kind of world Lost Hex is. While it could be explored more, I'm at the same time kind of happy that they didn't. It's a bit of an interesting world that keeps the game afloat and is left to audience interpretation. Reminds me of Wind Waker and how the central object really has almost nothing to do with the story.

I saw it as being no more strange and unexplained than Special Stages, but I do like the idea of trying to canonise it.  I do love that the backgrounds are trippy as hell yet do have actual landscape and geometry to them.

The Lost Hex is a future continent, you would expect as much from the future in Sonic games, well not from Sonic 06 at least..

I remember one trailer calling Lost Hex the ''Continent of Illusion'' or something like that.

Figured I may as well post this here too...

xx71.png

While the 3DS version is missing Hidden World and platforming acts in Lava Mountain, it DOES have a second quest hard mode with delicious reskinned visuals.  I'll take it.

• Thumbs Up 2

xx71.png

While the 3DS version is missing Hidden World and platforming acts in Lava Mountain, it DOES have a second quest hard mode with delicious reskinned visuals.  I'll take it.

Hot damn, a second quest? With changes to the visual styles? 

...might look into this now.

xx71.png

Man, Ntom64 gonna LOVE this!

not

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

I only played Windy Hill Act 1 so far, but the changes made included a hell of a lot more caterkillers, spinners replaced with electric spinners, several clouds removed, and a whole crumbling bridge or two taken out, forcing you to use your speed and double jump to get across.

If this is a sign of things to come, I'm guessing parkour will be a lot more important in Hard Mode, and it was pretty well used in 3DS level design to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH this could mean we get more level themes & design changes in this version, bless you Sega..

If people can hardly clear through Tropical Coast, dont even try the hard level design just from that description

Also, where the hell is the Red Burst in this game =O

It first appears during the Boss Rush, but I didn't actually see it or use it.  Regardless, it unlocked after Lava Mountain Act 1, and has appeared on past stages.  Windy Hill Act 2 uses it a lot, and I'm pretty sure Sky Road Act 3 will too due to the massive amount of fire hazards on that stage.  Both stages have Fire Shields too, so you can explore these areas a little before the Wisp unlocks.

So I've collected all of the Chaos Emeralds in the 3DS version, but when I collect 50 rings, it won't let me turn into Super Sonic. How come? Do I have to do something else?

EDIT: I accidentally forgot to do special stage 7, finished it now and unlocked Super Sonic.

Edited by Wil348

A chaos emeralds icon should be on the top left of your touch screen, use that to transform.

Some more details about Hard Mode on the 3DS (cross-posted from the 3DS topic):

I've played up to Desert Ruins 2.

• You start every level/checkpoint with 1 ring and there are next to no rings anywhere else.  You may spot the occasional 5-ring as a reward for exploration, and elemental shields still appear.  For the rest though, you better hold tight to the one they give you!
  • No red rings to collect.
  • Unfortunately, unless they're gonna switch it up later, it seems ALL stages have that purple-tinted purple clouds/floating in space aesthetic, that one isn't unique to Windy Hill.
  • There are extra lives EVERYWHERE.  I started Hard Mode with about 60 and had 99 by Desert Ruins 1.
  • Windy Hill 3 and Desert Ruins 1 weren't massively changed, but Windy Hill 2 had way more manual parkour, with easier routes that were in the original level removed.
  • You can play individual acts of a zone in any order, including the boss, but you must clear them all to unlock the next zone.

I've collected 92 red star rings (in the Wii U version). Which leaves 28 to find as there are 120 in total (I think). Got the emeralds for worlds two and three. Some of the red star rings are so well hidden. It's good fun searching for them.

Edited by -Bender-

Goddamn getting the S Ranks in Time Attack is pretty damn tough.  I was having trouble getting them in Windy Hill.  Now on Desert Ruins Act 1 and I missed the S Rank by 4 seconds.  Though the times they set are proof that it is more than possible to go fast in this game.

Guys there are more zones for the 3DS version,

N3DSItalia

"If you collect all the Red Star Rings (15) in an area, it unlocks a new level in the same area."

YESSSS, more chances for strange zones to appear in the 3DS version like the Honeycomb, sucks the Red Star Rings are ass to collect though..

Good luck you guys who have a copy of the game & be sure to tell us how the Red Star Ring zones are & more of what they do =D, this also means maybe more areas for wisp powers to be used.

(She says this on her Super Sonic video for the 3DS)

The 3DS version has all sorts of extra shit they didnt even talk about, guess there is 4 zones in this version likes its Wii U counterpart. Along with the hard mode bullshit which sounds pretty unbeatable & Super Sonic isnt really an option because you get barely any rings..