Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

So I got to Hidden World 1 and I'm instantly reminded of this:

Sonic, why you gotta beat up the Cubeez?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't worry guys, while the cut-scenes are gone, you get to listen to the Deadly Six's exact same dialogue EVERY time you play Act 2 and 4 in a Zone, even though the story is all over!

Fortunately someone at Sonic Team wisely realised that we would want to listen to them over and over and over again.  Game dialogue never gets stale or unfunny, even on the 100th time you hear it, don't you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy fuck, the bomb carts in Lava Mountain 2 must be friggin' powerful - they still insta-kill Super Sonic!

Still, I don't know why a lack of Concept Art ruined the whole game.

I didn't say it did. I said the game has made me go from meh to neat, IE at its worst moments a meh, at best a neat (and admissibly a good-hearted yeah).

The lack of concept art is the first time I have to resort to a fuck no in regards to the game.

Also regarding whether the Deadly Six are dead or not... well, in Act 3 Zeena says she'll feed Sonic to Zomom, which, unless she just doesn't know he's 'dead' yet, suggests he's still alive, despite bursting into smoke.

Eh, I'm pretty sure the D6 aren't dead. As people have said, Eggman is pretty convinced that they're still alive to be used. Plus, Eggman himself survives a fall from Lost Hex back to the world below. I imagine that when we see Zavok fall into the lava, it's the same principle as when Bowser does.

• Thumbs Up 5

To be honest, even with knowing if the D6 were alive or not, the context of Eggman's line is sort of confusing. He just put up with them taking over all his stuff and using it in extreme measures, and he's already talking about using them again before the game's even through. :v

The deadly six went out like the koopalings I don't believe that they're dead. Look at all the times sonic has defeated eggman and he still lives(sonic advance 2 and sonic rush anybody?) not to mentioned their last lines when you defeat them and the tone of their voices. And eggman did say he will bring them back and make them stronger

If Bowser and the Koopalings can survive molten lava and being thrown down bottomless pits, I'm pretty sure the D6 will return. I mean this game is already too much like a Mario game, so why not?

The darkest magic of all: being in a franchise with a kid-friendly main character who would look bad if he outright killed his enemies.

Plus, the Deadly Six are super psychic space oni who were powered up by Eggman's life vacuum. The exact parameters of what it would take to kill them are totally unclear.

So I just watched the 3DS final boss and it's so much better. But the bosses attacks make no real sense since the Wisp's had no involvement in the plot at all.

It's like a tougher Nega Wisp Armor right down to freeing the Wisp's again.

Edited by Balding Spider

Yeah, the Deadly Six will inevitably come back if fan reception towards them is positive or if the third unannounced Sonic game is a direct sequel to Lost World like some people are predicting.

If anything, the real question is if they come back, is there a chance that we could see even more Zeti introduced? I mean, there's no solid evidence that they're actually the only ones of their kind.

Well, four of them disappear into puffs of smoke at the end of Lava Volcano, while Zor and Zavok fall into lava. The boss battles in other levels see them flee. So yeah, they could very well be dead. Eggman doesn't seem to think so though, and it's never really confirmed either way. Seriously. The Deadly Six don't even get introduced by the game (they just sort of exist) and don't get proper exits either. Total cop out. The screen time they do have it thoroughly enjoyable.

Question- why is WerePac-Man the final boss of the game?

Exactly, the Zeti are just plot devices stretched out into easy looking bosses. I think the chance of seeing them return is just about the same as if they were bring back the werehog.

If Bowser and the Koopalings can survive molten lava and being thrown down bottomless pits, I'm pretty sure the D6 will return. I mean this game is already too much like a Mario game, so why not?

Plus SEGA over hyped these guys and how many people in this series actually die?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah admittedly while it was weirdly out of style for the game to make them vanish when they COULD have just jumped away again, it did add a little something to the tone of the final level.  Really felt like you were properly taking them out.  I'm surprised the finale for the Deadly Six was Giant Bowser Zavok though, and not all of them teamed up in some form.

Anyway though, there's been plenty of games where Eggman's final boss has exploded in a truly catastrophic fashion with nothing left behind so.

Plus SEGA over hyped these guys and how many people in this series actually die?

Yeah, and that hype left to just plot devices. I mean this story just doesn't go anywhere, and I feel like I could write a better story that could tell us more about the Zeti and other missed opportunities

Yeah, and that hype left to just plot devices. I mean this story just doesn't go anywhere, and I feel like I could write a better story that could tell us more about the Zeti and other missed opportunities

You ever think the reason their fate is inconclusive so that they could bring them back if they ever felt like it and do just that. Just a thought :V

I mean if we're just going to label the D6 as plot devices, wouldn't that make Eggman a "plot device" too by your logic?

Edited by Dark Yakuzu

I strongly get the feeling that SEGA editorial told the writers to may it easy for the Deadly Six to be brought back for later games.

I still think the ending would've been considerably improved by a simple ten-second scene of Sonic and Tails flying away from Lost Hex with the Deadly Six growling and shaking their fists at him or whatever. You establish that they aren't dead and give them a small amount of closure, and you give the player a last look at Lost Hex to remind them why it was supposed to have been important.

• Thumbs Up 5

Re: Deadly 6 deaths. I say "Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog".

• Thumbs Up 1