Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

That I will admit to, Lost Hex has no real plot relevance aside from being where it takes place.

Maybe because he heard of the fable Zeti and wanted them to take care of sonic since they had home field advantage. Also since lost Hex is above the planet it would be easier for him to drain the energy of world from their instead of from space

I wish Hidden World Act 2 was Act 4 instead.  I've heard nothing to suggest there's any more levels to unlock and Act 4 is just fucking weird as a final secret stage.

Hidden World generally just seems to be a collection of random ideas they couldn't find a place for in the main levels so just dumped them there since they'd been programmed might as well.

But Act 2 is actually a nice nostalgic throwback with that music and all.  It would have been a much more satisfying "finale" gameplay-wise.

This I find really odd when you factor in the "variety" levels (i.e. Desert World Zones 2 -honeycomb- and 3 -candyland-) from the other worlds. Wouldn't it had made more sense if the variety levels were saved for said Hidden World while the other worlds had all of their levels set within their established settings? Because having the non-Hidden World variety levels in those worlds rather than the Hidden World breaks the flow of location/setting consistency when you play through those levels in the game. It's like having the Sonic 3 multiplayer levels -as full-fledged acts- scattered throughout the main zones in the game.

Angel Island Act 1

"Angel Island" Act 2 (Azure Lake)

Angel Island "Act 3" (Act 2)

Hydrocity Act 1

"Hydrocity" Act 2 (Balloon Park)

Hydrocity "Act 3" (Act 2)

And so on, if you catch my drift.

Edited by Yeow the Baneful

Also if Eggman need the energy from Earth, then what was the significance of the Lost Hex?

Because then he would be in a safe area so that his life isn't sucked out either.

Eggman would have used Angel Island as the base for his evil plan, but Knuckles had taken the Master Emerald on vacation to Green Hill Zone so it plunged into the sea.

This I find really odd when you factor in the "variety" levels (i.e. Desert World Zones 2 -honeycomb- and 3 -candyland-) from the other worlds. Wouldn't it had made more sense if the variety levels were saved for said Hidden World while the other worlds had all of their levels set within their established settings? Because having the non-Hidden World variety levels in those worlds rather than the Hidden World breaks the flow of location/setting consistency when you play through those levels in the game. It's like having the Sonic 3 multiplayer levels -as full-fledged acts- scattered throughout the main zones in the game.

Angel Island Act 1

"Angel Island" Act 2 (Azure Lake)

Angel Island "Act 3" (Act 2)

Hydrocity Act 1

"Hydrocity" Act 2 (Balloon Park)

Hydrocity "Act 3" (Act 2)

And so on, if you catch my drift.

Well, maybe the Hidden World is like the "Beta World" in this game, like in act 2, You ride the tornado which make me think that originally, You have to do a plane stage to reach the next world or a possible special stage.

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

Well, maybe the Hidden World is like the "Beta World" in this game, like in act 2, You ride the tornado which make me think that originally, You have to do a plane stage to reach the next world or a possible special stage.

Oh man Tornado stages between each/some zones would have given me an Unleashed throwback boner so mighty.

@Indigo: And have them say "damn" every 10 seconds. That will surely darken their dialogue!

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 5

@Indigo: And have them say "damn" every 10 seconds. That will surely darken their dialogue!

Unless theres aliens involved and we get several endings where Zavok karate chops eggman to death

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed that some of the wisps sound effects aren't working anymore; the Lazer and Planet wisps. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm having endless trouble trying to get the 4th red star ring in Windy Hill Zone 4. It's the one where you need to use a 'planet wisp' to get to a secret location. My problem is that I can't bounce high enough with the planet wisp to allow me to grab the red star ring. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!!

Edited by -Bender-

That one gave me endless trouble too, fucking annoying.  Here's two tricks: You can hold down the button to charge up a higher jump.  Also, when at the height of your jump, push and hold the button again to float along staying at that height.  Before I worked this out that damn one was impossible.

• Thumbs Up 1

How I did it, is collect more terrain before entering the portal. It allows you to bounce higher after charging the jump. Also hold down the jump button to float towards the ring.

• Thumbs Up 1

How I did it, is collect more terrain before entering the portal. It allows you to bounce higher after charging the jump. Also hold down the jump button to float towards the ring.

Got the red star ring.

I didn't realise that destroying more terrain before entering the portal allowed you to jump higher. 

Thanks!

Yay, I now have the 1st chaos emerald (I already have the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th ones). Just got one more red star ring in Frozen Factory Zone 2 to find to get the 4th emerald. It's the last red star ring which I think is the second 'knocking balls down holes' section. 

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just got that Red Ring in Windy Hill Zone 4 with the Asteroid Wisp myself, actually.

Again, it's another instance of "once you figure it out it's pretty simple", but the game does such a piss poor job at explaining the mechanics to you it becomes nigh-on impossible without trial and error.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something that bothers me about Amy and Knuckles's initial fate of getting the life sucked out of them by the machine is that honestly I think they could had made it out in time by seeking refuge on Angel Island. Not only is it "technically" not located on the planet, but if the if the S(3)&K credits are anything to go by, it can fly to different locations, so Knuckles -being guardian of the ME and all- could had easily tapped into the ME's power to send the island over to rescue them and then fly up to space on the island. There's also the Space Colony ARK for refuge, if they can get to the satellite with little problems in SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog, they can surely do it again.

Even if getting to Angel Island and the Space Colony ARK was out of the question, there's no excuse as to why Amy and Knuckles are seemingly still hanging around in the same location even after Sonic told them to get out of there. I don't believe that it was to keep in the emotional weight Sonic would experience for to losing his friends on his planet in addition to Tails to the Zeti, because they could had still had been in another location on the planet and have it still work. Hell, I wager that it would had been more effective if Amy and Knuckles were shown to be with Sonic's other friends/rivals at the time for their initial last broadcast, which also would had served as a valid reason as to why they didn't get off the planet (in time)-to warn/try to save they -and Sonic's- other friends/rivals about their dire situation.

Something that bothers me about Amy and Knuckles's initial fate of getting the life sucked out of them by the machine is that honestly I think they could had made it out in time by seeking refuge on Angel Island. Not only is it "technically" not located on the planet, but if the if the S(3)&K credits are anything to go by, it can fly to different locations, so Knuckles -being guardian of the ME and all- could had easily tapped into the ME's power to send the island over to rescue them and then fly up to space on the island. There's also the Space Colony ARK for refuge, if they can get to the satellite with little problems in SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog, they can surely do it again.

Even if getting to Angel Island and the Space Colony ARK was out of the question, there's no excuse as to why Amy and Knuckles are seemingly still hanging around in the same location even after Sonic told them to get out of there. I don't believe that it was to keep in the emotional weight Sonic would experience for to losing his friends on his planet in addition to Tails to the Zeti, because they could had still had been in another location on the planet and have it still work. Hell, I wager that it would had been more effective if Amy and Knuckles were shown to be with Sonic's other friends/rivals at the time for their initial last broadcast, which also would had served as a valid reason as to why they didn't get off the planet (in time)-to warn/try to save they -and Sonic's- other friends/rivals about their dire situation.

The machine is taking energy from the whole planet, no exceptions, there's no way to escape it, and they were there trying to keep the critters safe, remember? Even if they went to Angel Island, it would probably happen the same thing, only they're on Angel Island.

And besides, Im pretty sure the ARK is not an easy place to go now that everyone knows the place is hellbent on destroying the planet, Shadow only got there with the help of the Black Arms on Shadow the Hedgehog, and even then, you can clearly see there were lots of GUN troops guarding the place.

Maybe because he heard of the fable Zeti and wanted them to take care of sonic since they had home field advantage. Also since lost Hex is above the planet it would be easier for him to drain the energy of world from their instead of from space

But it wasn't mentioned in the game.

But it wasn't mentioned in the game.

Did it really need to be mentioned...? Why would Eggman drain energy from the planet he lives on, with him on it?

Did it really need to be mentioned...? Why would Eggman drain energy from the planet he lives on, with him on it?

He's done it in the past. I mean he technically did it in Sonic Unleashed, and it made sense in Sonic Colors that he shot his mind control beam from his amusement park. So there was no significance. If he needed a safe distance, he could've easily built another space station or Death Egg.

Why waste time building another space station when there's a planet just hanging there and the only people living there are six monsters that you not only know how to control, but can use to protect your machine and help you with your plans.

He's done it in the past. I mean he technically did it in Sonic Unleashed, and it made sense in Sonic Colors that he shot his mind control beam from his amusement park. So there was no significance. *If he needed a safe distance, he could've easily built another space station or Death Egg.

Unleashed: Shoots a cannon at earth with energy drained from the Chaos Emeralds... in space.

Colors: Chains 6 planets together to build an interstellar amusement park to distract people while he acquires alien energy to use a mind control device... in space.

Lost World: Goes to an alien planet, conquers 6 deadly new alien body guards, and creates a machine to drain the earth's energy to power his new mech.... from said alien planet.

I guess you didn't see the "with him on it?" part.

*He's kinda tried that before, and it didn't go so well.

Edited by Straw Hat

Wow, the ending was so anticlimactic...also Lava Mountain can go get frostbite for all I care. Screw that Zone, ESPECIALLY Zone 2 and 3.

He was never intending on harvesting all of it anyways. It's why he admitted it was unfortunate that all of it had been used up and why he'd make due with what remained.

He was never intending on harvesting all of it anyways. It's why he admitted it was unfortunate that all of it had been used up and why he'd make due with what remained.

Even so, he would still be affected if he was there. It makes sense that he went to the Lost Hex, instead of staying on earth just to get some of his own energy sucked away.

Ok but it's not explained what this green energy is for?

I just said why... to power his mech.

Edited by Straw Hat