Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Also how was it the he was even able to suck up energy from Earth on the Lost Hex with that machine. They never said anything about the planet hovering over earth, so what's your guys's explanation for that?

Even so, he would still be affected if he was there. It makes sense that he went to the Lost Hex, instead of staying on earth to get some of his own energy sucked away.

I just said why... to power his mech.

Sorry, I meant what the green energy specifically was. Like in past games the energy's back story is usually explained, but here it's just generic green energy to power his generic mech.

Unleashed: Purple energy was energy from Dark Gaia

Colors: Wisps had Hyper-Go-On energy, and Eggman reversed their powers transforming them into Nega Wisps, which caused the Hyper-Go-On energy to turn into Mind Control energy which he tried to use on the Earth, but it backfired, and fired the moon.

Generations: That Mind Control energy that hit the moon created a rift in space and time, creating the Time Eater, who sucked up the life and color from zones of past games leaving them in purgatory, until both Sonic's ran around them bringing them back to life again.

See what I mean, I mean there's no significance with this energy taken from the Earth.

Edited by TheUltimateZ-MAN

Also how was it the he was even able to suck up energy from Earth on the Lost Hex with that machine. They never said anything about the planet hovering over earth, so what's your guys's explanation for that?

Well, I'm pretty sure it must be. It was hidden in the clouds when they were clearly in the atmosphere. I mean, Sonic and Tails got there with the Tornado... a freakin' biplane.

Sorry, I meant what the green energy specifically was. Like in past games the energy's back story is usually explained, but here it's just generic green energy to power his generic mech.

Colors: Wisps had Hyper-Go-On energy, and Eggman reversed their powers transforming them into Nega Wisps, which caused the Hyper-Go-On energy to turn into Mind Control energy which he tried to use on the Earth, but it backfired, and fired the moon.

Generations: That Mind Control energy that hit the moon created a rift in space and time, creating the Time Eater, who sucked up the life and color from zones of past games leaving them in purgatory, until both Sonic's ran around them bringing them back to life again.

See what I mean, I mean there's no significance with this energy taken from the Earth.

Uuh the Time Eater was never confirmed to be that energy that end up hitting the moon

And the Green Energy is the life force from the planet, at least that's what it looked like.

Where else would it be? It's not like they flew through space to get there.

Life energy, presumably. Does it really need a name?

I think the planet's life energy that was sucked out by the extractor was actually energy of Light and Dark Gaia (more likely Light) and they're/his energy keeps the planet alive or something.

It was very random how Zavok could suddenly go giant. I wasn't expecting that.

Edited by KrazyBean

OK, just when it became a law for every Sonic game to have a super deep story?

I mean it just needs one that makes sense. I mean Colors and Unleashed had a pretty solid story, and this game's story was doing pretty well, up until the Zeti wanted to turn Sonic/Tails into a robot. But that's just my opinion.

I think the planet's life energy that was sucked out by the extractor was actually energy of Light and Dark Gaia (more likely Light) and they're/his energy keeps the planet alive or something.

But Light and Dark Gaia are in the core of the Earth

I mean it just needs one that makes sense. I mean Colors and Unleashed had a pretty solid story, and this game's story was doing pretty well, up until the Zeti wanted to turn Sonic/Tails into a robot. But that's just my opinion.

Sure, up until Yacker and the plot took a backseat like halfway through. What was solid about Colors story? It left quite a few questions in my head. Moreso than Lost World(whoops!) actually.

Edited by Goofy

I think of it like the life force of the planet is Gaia energy and Light Gaia and Dark Gaia are sentient beings made up of the energy or something. Like... something like Chaos and the Chaos Emeralds and my headcanon involving Solaris and Sol Emeralds.

Sure, up until Yacker and the plot took a backseat like halfway through. What was solid about Colors story? It left quite a few questions in my head. Moreso than colors actually.

Moreso than Colors, what?

I think of it like the life force of the planet is Gaia energy and Light Gaia and Dark Gaia are sentient beings made up of the energy or something. Like... something like Chaos and the Chaos Emeralds and my headcanon involving Solaris and Sol Emeralds.

I thought that they were just deities pitted in eternal combat, and were just put in the center of the Earth. And all hell broke loose when Eggman split the planet.

Moreso than Colors, what?

I thought that they were just deities pitted in eternal combat, and were just put in the center of the Earth. And all hell broke loose when Eggman split the planet.

Edited, lost train of thought. But my point still stands. Colors is just as if not more guilty of not addressing certain things in its story.

Edited, lost train of thought. But my point still stands. Colors is just as if not more guilty of not addressing certain things in its story.

Like what? I'm just wondering

Like what? I'm just wondering

For one we have the absense of Yacker for more than half the game, and there is no addressing it. Tails makes like one mention, and that's it.

How the Hyper-Go-On can be used as a brainwashing tool is also another one I would throw out. It transforms things, but how can it be used on the mind of all things?

For one we have the absense of Yacker for more than half the game, and there is no addressing it. Tails makes like one mention, and that's it.

How the Hyper-Go-On can be used as a brainwashing tool is also another one I would throw out. It transforms things, but how can it be used on the mind of all things?

When wisps were being negatively transformed into nega wisps, the Hyper-Go-On energy can be used for mind control. That's why the color is purple to show that it's related to the nega wisps.

But Yacker wasn't a big deal or anything, I mean he just showed up in a couple cutscenes, and that's all I expected anyways. 

Edited by TheUltimateZ-MAN

They explicitly called out the fact that he had vanished, and they only explain why in the DS version. It's pretty damn sloppy.

It was very random how Zavok could suddenly go giant. I wasn't expecting that.

Not at all like Bowser nope. Oh and apparently all of the Six members can also fly.

Not at all like Bowser nope. Oh and apparently all of the Six members can also fly.

Thats nothing when you consider that Silver can fly, Shadow can fly, Blaze can fly, Knuckles can fly, Tails can fly, Amy can fly, Cream can fly, heck, on the 3DS version of Sonic Generations on the Egg Emperor, Sonic pretty much FLIES from one arena to the other using his boost.

When did this happen?

Sonic generations one of the challenges is to race agaisnt Amy in Sky Santuary. She flies by swinging her hammer around very fast basically a flying tornado  better yet here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfsK3FbTN6Q

Edited by Dejimon11